Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Peregrine - The Free, Open Source LPM Interface

Re: Peregrine - The Free LPM Interface

Looks like the software is crap. 5 mW=75 mW? :D

5mW 405nm ebay pen laser
Ib8k83p.png

Last edited:

I'm more surprised that he hasn't fixed the crashing issues with his program. I've mentioned them to him myself, but the fix he gave me didn't work; other LB owners have mentioned it to me as well.

I'm also surprised he hasn't put forth an effort to make his data logger compatible with OSX.

:beer:
As Trevor said above, nope. I used it with my LBII a few times before I sold it

What imaginary crashing issues are you referring to...:thinking:
You've mentioned squat to me... or are you just brown nosing
to attack our full featured bug free EagleEye software...:thinking:

There isn't enough demand for a MAC version of EagleEye..
Besides... there is already a MAC solution for MAC users that
we do endorse and approve...:beer:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f70/laserbee-lpm-running-mac-80545.html

Jerry

You can contact us at any time through our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:

But for a hard core mac user would legally be required to buy or own a version of windows for this to be a solution.

Last edited:

IsaacT

And windows is expensive. I used to be on a Mac and I wanted to run bootcamp but could not afford the Windows OS. This program makes it so your MAC users don't have to pay an extra 200 dollars out of pocket to use your LPM's.

ARG

That's hardly a solution since your users will have to purchase a copy of Windows OS, which is expensive and with older Mac's they will not be able to run two OS's at once.

I did send you a bug report like 6 months ago with the crashing issue, I have the PM to prove it; there's no attack in my statement. There's also that old thread where RHD & Bhwollen mentioned the crashing issues to you and they are still in the software. You said the issue was operator error but I still experienced them nevertheless, I'm sure others have too. As for the bug free statement: http://laserpointerforums.com/members/arglaser/albums/laserbee-bug/7094-laserbeebug/

Also, why did you not answer all the other questions in the thread? I'm still curious what damage you think may befall the laserbee's from Pergerine reading the serial data.

Last edited:

Trevor

Jerry

So you're not interested in having your MacOS customers have a native datalogging program? Something that actually runs well on a Mac?

Why are you not addressing the concerns raised by members in this thread?

Do you care to address the imaginary and entirely fabricated problems that Peregrine could cause? The problems that CANNOT PHYSICALLY HAPPEN because the Rx pin (the pin on which the LaserBee would receive data from the computer - where any "damage" could be caused) is electrically isolated? And in the case of two of the three LaserBees I have here, not even connected, with no wiring even going to it? Even if someone wanted to damage a LaserBee by sending data to it, it would be impossible because of the way the device is constructed. You took that into account when you designed it.

I'm honestly surprised that you would tell lies in order to pigeonhole your customers into using a particular software package. Your behavior is akin to Microsoft telling customers that they forfeit any customer service if they use an internet browser other than Internet Explorer - citing reasons that are entirely fabricated. Even Microsoft has never done that. I thought better of you.

Jerry, I'm disappointed in you. I've come to expect monopolistic and anticompetitive behavior from you, but I never thought you would stoop to downright lies in order to preserve your market position. The market should be driven by innovation - you know that, and it's obvious that you're trying to stifle it. The market should be able to choose their own software, and have a seller treat them reasonably. Sellers should not be able to knowingly lie to retain a monopoly and get away with it.

But... at least through my efforts, the community knows enough about LaserBees for third parties to be able to service them. At least those whose warranties are reneged on will still be taken care of, even if you're unwilling to do it.

If you want to stop people from using Peregrine, do it by improving your software - by making them want to use it because it's easier to use or better.

Don't do it by threatening your customers.

Trevor

Last edited:

TLYdsJc.gif

You have been told there are issues by many people, yet you still claim "bug free..."

lul.

Reactions: ARG

csshih

Let me just come out and say this:

Jerry, (laserbee, J.BAUER Electronics) Do you not know how to run a business? I know your website spouts a lot of experience in many other industries, but with so many posts and time spent on this forum it's obvious you're not doing that anymore. I'm surprised your customers have not ousted you for your extremely poor behavior on this forum.
Then again, you dominate in posting on this forum, so I'm sure the negative sentiments against you are buried in a wave of :thinking: smileys.
This post will probably be reported as trolling and deleted. This forum runs on money, and you're a paying customer.
That being said, I don't have a problem with ads anymore. Business is business, and people are still paying. Av, if you're reading this, you might make more money by making the forum cleaner and making the banner ads more orderly. PM me, let's talk.

Regardless of the longevity of these posts, here are some tips:

*Quit posting on the threads of potential competition to try to discourage people from making their own LPM. It's pretty obvious.
Actually, quit posting on any LPM threads that do not directly mention your company. If you have a good product, others will do that for you.
Putting down individuals(as you are a company) does not look good for your company.

*Posting on a forum *as a merchant* with such a large signature is unprofessional.
Attaching an additional signature advertising your company to every post you make is downright rude.
I know you're just trying to advertise to the new users whenever you post in the welcome section and increase your SEO, but come on, it's just a single forum. This forum won't rank too highly in google's search algorithms because of all the banner and text ads. Besides, the time you spend on this forum could be spent on developing and sourcing components for new products.

*Never threaten the customer. Seriously. Especially if they're trying to improve your product without affecting possible support. It's automatically assumed that 3rd party tools aren't supported.

*Placing the trademark sign whenever you mention your product is silly. Why bother? There's already another product on the market with the same name, though it's a java app for laser safety.

The moment a competitor comes out of the woodwork and markets a LPM at a lower price, people will jump ship.

If you think this is trolling, please let me know what's wrong.

Craig

ped

I don't remember MarioMaster objecting to your DL-Module and it invalidating warranty if it was used on his Alpha meter?

In fact (Sorry, forgot the ™ on DL2-Module™ above) , in fact , he actively encouraged co-operation between yourselves and even offering an official endorsement of your product.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/n...d-data-logging-your-lpm-62132.html#post882400

I understand that the DL2-Module™ wasn't exclusively for the alpha, but you see where I'm going with this..

Trevor

Well, seeing as Jerry fled this thread, I guess we can go back to our regularly scheduled progress.

I've uploaded a new build targeted for Mac OS X that fixes some display issues of serial devices.

Trevor

Still not accepting data from the serial port. I keep getting a message saying "waiting for input..." Also the Bluetooth list is still visible and set as default. :undecided::huh:
The menu system looks better. :gj:

Last edited:

* IMPORTANT INFO FOR ANYONE HAVING PROBLEMS*
using Trevor's Peregrine on MacOSX

I can now say that right now I am running Peregrine on MacOSX 10.8.2
I now figured out why Peregrine failed to see the incoming serial data before.
Any application built around Processing is NOT independent of the Processing serial library.
IF you intend to run Peregrine you must first download Processing and then install the Serial library.
After doing this final step, only then will the serial data be visible to Peregrine.

I now will prove that Trevors hard work is finally working!:beer::beer:

Attachments

• laserbee 405nm.png
    laserbee 405nm.png
    70 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:

* IMPORTANT INFO FOR ANYONE HAVING PROBLEMS*
using Trevor's Peregrine on MacOSX

I can now say that right now I am running Peregrine on MacOSX 10.8.2
I now figured out why Peregrine failed to see the incoming serial data before.
Any application built around Processing is NOT independent of the Processing serial library.
IF you intend to run Peregrine you must first download Processing and then install the Serial library.
After doing this final step, only then will the serial data be visible to Peregrine.

I now will prove that Trevors hard work is finally working!:beer::beer:

Great to see your LaserBee is working on your MAC...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Great to see your LaserBee is working on your MAC...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Yes. I am happy I don't have to install windows to do it too.
This program is still a work in progress, but it's a start.
I especially like the fact that I can output a .csv file with it. :san:

Well, seeing as Jerry fled this thread, I guess we can go back to our regularly scheduled progress.

I've uploaded a new build targeted for Mac OS X that fixes some display issues of serial devices.

Trevor

Really outstanding work Trevor! I just got mine to work on OSX 10.8.2 following the instructions here, which enabled my mac to see the USB-Serial-device. I then used a couple of terminal commands Trevor suggested to make a directory and change permissions and it all worked!! I wont list them as I don't know what Trevor has planned, so if you are having the same problem as I was ie you couldn't select usb.serial as a com port and the connect button wasn't working, then send him a PM.

Here's a graph from Peregrine! Its not a laser output; I was moving the head near to a heat source...Alright I was blowing on it;) :beer:

7724-test-jpg.png

Last edited: