Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Peregrine - The Free, Open Source LPM Interface

94Z28

I'd love to go back and do a rewrite of this, but wrapping up grad school and having a full-time job has sort of killed that. If you do decide to make moves, let me know and I'll try to help in any way I can.

If I could somehow stimulate the hobby LPM community a bit with some code or something... that'd be great. Getting rid of lasersbee/Jerry was the first step in having a healthy hobby LPM community, but the vacuum never really got filled and life got crazy for me and I think ARG as well.

Thinking about releasing some previously unreleased code, like what's on the Rubicon, or some side projects that were cool but never got off the ground. The whole goal of this project and a couple others was to help remove the barriers keeping people from making LPM's... which is why Jerry resisted it so heartily. :D

I appreciate you rehosting the files... it's like that famous quote, "Open source projects die two deaths. One, when the creator stops maintaining the code. The second comes when the links to all the source files are all 404."

Trevor
I know how that is, I spent lots of time in Diablo 2 automation/bots when I was younger and had a very successful open-source website and support forum. I got so busy after kids, that someone stole the domain and all the files are on my PC but not many links left to them online! Oh well, if I do find some time to begin a port to apk I will let you know for sure. I would prefer to have this portable than PC. I haven't done much in droid yet, other than basic ODB1 read bin stuff for my Z28 Tuning RasPI.

Hope my link helps, I will keep it alive if it was to ever die I always have a server or shared/reseller somewhere!

Last edited:

paul1598419

I remember the flack you took bringing the Peregrine software to fruition here, especially from Jerry. It seems like awhile ago now, but you did this mostly at your own expense and though I never used it personally, I wanted to acknowledge all your work in bringing it here. Thanks, Trevor.

94Z28

I am a big fan of open source projects.. especially the ones who have opposition. I guess you can call me a black hat.

I'll look over the code tonight Trevor and see what could easily be ported to android. Being mostly java I don't see how it could be a large task other than getting the data stream via the USB Host in a tablet.. unfortunately a lot of older phones or tablets wouldnt support it but most everyone has a newish phone or tablet with USB Host capability. Would need a micro USB to USB converter that's all.. will be trying to get my hyperion to read to android soon!

Seoul_lasers

Seems like something changed inside processing

pconfig.load(openStream("Peregrine.conf"));
is not a recognized command and errors under Processing 3 :thinking:

I am going to try and get Peregrine working using a scalable window using at least 800x600. Also MacOS Sierra supports metal. P3 also supports metal as well. :thinking:

Trevor

Seems like something changed inside processing

is not a recognized command and errors under Processing 3 :thinking:

I am going to try and get Peregrine working using a scalable window using at least 800x600. Also MacOS Sierra supports metal. P3 also supports metal as well. :thinking:
I forget what pconfig was... will need to look at that if I get a chance.

Back when I wrote this, Processing didn't like window resizing. If that's different now, that'd be awesome!

Trevor