Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New 3.8mm red Diodes on the Block.

Blord

I said earlier that AMC7135 drivers could be possible be used for these diode but I am not certain. I don't know if the drivers would work with a case-negative diode.
What are the pin-out of the diodes ? I re-read the whole thread and I didn't found it. :thinking:

Fiddy

I assume the pin out is same as LPC-826 so they certainly will not, unless you isolate the diode from the case.

Last edited:
Yes Guys Its the Same Pin Out as any other Red diode. Case Negative.

If you want to go 1 cell Its Not going to happen without a Flex at the moment.

There are some more drivers out there that iam waiting on a Update on if its Case Continuous. So Ill let you guys know.

Nothing Wrong with Going Linear.:)

In fact If you guys want, I can Wake the Dead and get some Jib77 linear drivers.:scared:

If you guys want they would be 10$ + 3$ shipping.

Ill have them Pre set to the Currant ~760mA.

But in order to get them we probably need to get ~50pcs.

THese Jib77 Drivers where the best.:)

Last edited:
I'm going to try direct drive with a AAA sized 3.7V LiIon. Any thoughts on this?

Looks like a great candidate for direct drive one cell builds because it has very good resistance to fluctuations in current. Someone more knowledgeable feel free to state otherwise.

Well, you have five on the way and they aren't TOO expensive so I say why not give it a try? :D

Let us know how it turns out... It actually would be pretty cool if it turned out to be that easy for these!

That is pretty fricking awesome! Really, I never cease to be amazed at the skills (and ideas!) some of you guys have!

Last edited:

Blord

I have two ST-Drives from Kiyoukan. The drivers have a very low voltage overhead. Maybe it is possible to use only one 3.7V battery but I still have the problem of continuous negative.

I have two ST-Drives from Kiyoukan. The drivers have a very low voltage overhead. Maybe it is possible to use only one 3.7V battery but I still have the problem of continuous negative.

No linears? I think that I have some of Moh's laying around with low currents. Maybe I can change the sense resistors on them and use them for these diodes.

Presented with an old problem, somebody is bound to find a solution :beer:

A lot of times everyone sits around and waits for somebody to find the solution. YOU actually DID the work and created the solution. THAT is what is important. (To me anyway... +1, as if you need it.). :D

Last edited:

Blord

I have bare LM317 chips. It is going to be old school build like this.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f67/barebones-c6-driver-73887.html
DSCF4643.jpg

Last edited:

AnthoT

I'll see what I can come up with quickly, I'll be able to make a linear similar to moh's, or you could use the jib's whatever you guys like but I'll look into a low dropout linear version :beer:

Last edited:
I'm going to try direct drive with a AAA sized 3.7V LiIon. Any thoughts on this?

Looks like a great candidate for direct drive one cell builds because it has very good resistance to fluctuations in current. Someone more knowledgeable feel free to state otherwise.

You will need a resistor to drop some of the voltage.

The Red diode will use about 2.8 VDC.

I used a 4.3 ohm resistor to drive a larger host @ 300ma.

Watch the heat rise in that small host.

I would prefer a AA size 14500 cell.

LarryDFW

Last edited:
Would a ben boost set at around 760mA do the trick? I'm kinda still learning the whole battery/driver/diode relationship, with a ben boost, what type of batteries could I throw in?

Blord

You don't want to boost a red diode because the Vf of the diode is lower than the voltage of the 3.7 battery.

Last edited: