Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Veteran Status Revoked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I received word that my veteran status has been revoked.

It's a very disappointing turn of events. I do understand the reasoning (to be fair and strict to the rules), but it still stings.

So, for all the vets that were bothered that I was allowed to be a vet, you need not worry anymore. I'll do my best to continue to be a contributing part of the community.

This thread is only a means to vent my disappointment. It's not an F-you to the mods/admins/forum, nor is it a plea for appeal. It's just an "aww, man!" thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: ARG

Aww man, sorry to hear that.

It's nice of you to calmly accept the recovation, as things could have gone much worse. :beer:

ARG

You weren't singled out, others got their vet status revoked as well, so don't worry :)

The mods needed to enforce the rules because a lot of people were getting in without meeting the 1yr requirement.

See you back in 2014! :beer:

Last edited:
You weren't singled out, others got their vet status revoked as well, so don't worry :)

The mods needed to enforce the rules a lot of people were getting in without meeting the 1yr requirement.

See you back in 2014! :beer:

Thanks, guys. ARG, like I said, I get it. It still sucks on a personal level though.

IsaacT

Sorry to hear that SBA :/ although, for a 4 month member, you have more rep than a lot of vets! So keep yer head up mate!

ARG

He didn't break any rules, he, and others were admitted to the vets section without having 1yr membership, it was a mistake by the admin.

Last edited:

Stin

Since it's an aww, man thread...

... too bad you didn't lurk for a few years like me (sarcasm).

I'm sorry to hear that.
You still contribute amazingly to the forums and I wish you the best of luck in the future!

(this is coming from someone who has never seen inside the pearly gates of of the veterans forum, so I don't know what I'm talking about... do all the venting you need)

Last edited:

tonyt

I feel u bud.. I was hoping to get vet status when i hit 1000..which by my calculations will happen in less than 3 months.. But looks like I have to wait. :-( Owel.

Ah to be Enoch :thinking: At least you have known the secrets of heaven unlike us mere mortals ;)

250px-Figures_God_took_Enoch.jpg

~ LB

Things

You act like interesting stuff happens in the vets forum :D

Don't worry mate, you'll be there again in no time :)

Avery made a few little stuff ups forgetting about the 1 year rule, had to make it fair.

Last edited:

IsaacT

Yeah not too terribly much goes on there...so it's not like you lost out on a queso fountain or free drinks :p

ped

But your rep is high which indicate its more a case of quality over quantity :beer:

Gun

That's a bummer SBA. But don't worry, as long as you keep posting time will fly and you'll be a vet again in no time! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.