Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

'Tis a Sad State of Affairs

billg519 said:
Sorry to hear about the loss and all the hassle. I hope that you get reestablished soon despite the insurance issue. When I was younger, I also liked firearms and owned several rifles, shotguns and handguns. I never believed in gun cabinets or trigger locks as these things can be drilled, pried or smashed by the thugs. What I did was remove the cylinder from revolvers, remove the clip and slide from automatics, remove the bolt and trigger group from my mini-14 and so on. These removed critical parts were stored hidden separately from the guns. Sure enough, while I was away on business, my home was broken into. I lost stereo, CD's, boom box, loose change, etc. They left the freezer open and my food rotted. Typical punk stuff. They broke the gun cabinet open. They went through the incomplete guns, and threw them all on the floor in a pile. I'm glad that I stored my guns with parts missing. The investigating officers were also glad that no guns made it onto the street that day. Insurance sucked, took over a year for them to pay out.[highlight]Did you notice anyone watching as you moved boxes in? Odds are that either the punks themselves or a close friend of theirs live within 6 houses of you, saw you move stuff in Tuesday night and leave, and then decided to go help themselves. [/highlight]

My condolences, Dave. Please be careful though, these punks may not be done.
Sic vis pacem parabellum.

Angel

ColdStl said:
[quote author=billg519 link=1239550497/0#30 date=1239570426]Sorry to hear about the loss and all the hassle. I hope that you get reestablished soon despite the insurance issue. When I was younger, I also liked firearms and owned several rifles, shotguns and handguns. I never believed in gun cabinets or trigger locks as these things can be drilled, pried or smashed by the thugs. What I did was remove the cylinder from revolvers, remove the clip and slide from automatics, remove the bolt and trigger group from my mini-14 and so on. These removed critical parts were stored hidden separately from the guns. Sure enough, while I was away on business, my home was broken into. I lost stereo, CD's, boom box, loose change, etc. They left the freezer open and my food rotted. Typical punk stuff. They broke the gun cabinet open. They went through the incomplete guns, and threw them all on the floor in a pile. I'm glad that I stored my guns with parts missing. The investigating officers were also glad that no guns made it onto the street that day. Insurance sucked, took over a year for them to pay out.[highlight]Did you notice anyone watching as you moved boxes in? Odds are that either the punks themselves or a close friend of theirs live within 6 houses of you, saw you move stuff in Tuesday night and leave, and then decided to go help themselves. [/highlight]

My condolences, Dave. Please be careful though, these punks may not be done.
Sic vis pacem parabellum.

Angel[/quote]

"If you want peace, prepare for war"

jayrob

Bummer Dave...

I hate thieves. Too many messed up people in this world. Nice guys finish last.

But the saying applies... 'You can't keep a good man down'. I have no doubt that you will always have lots of friends, be respected, and act in a dignified way.

That's just from knowing you from afar. But man, this really sucks... All of it man.
Jay

I scan several laser categories each and every day on Ebay, so if I see anything like your missing pointers I'll let you know. However, if the idiots list them as pointers Ebay will probably pull the plug pretty quick...

The guns are a pretty serious issue, so hopefully that will give the police an extra impetus to hunt the crooks down if possible.

I have had stuff stolen from me, including some of my artwork. That's almost as bad as family photos - also irreplaceable. The way I see it is everyone eventually pays for the wrongs they do - even if the law never catches up to them. It would be poetic justice if they did blind themselves....they may know what they are doing with the guns but as we all know most people are utterly ignorant of lasers and the damage they can cause.

rkcstr

Wow, really sorry to hear about all that.  The most I've had was my car broken into more than a few times (which is bad enough), but you lost so much.

If the neighborhood has a lot of families or people who might care, you could possibly write up a letter or even go around and talk to people... who knows, they might have some info for you.

Really does sound like it was somebody nearby that noticed you moving the boxes in and that you left and didn't come back... or a REALLY lucky criminal.  Maybe a neighbor noticed the kid next door with some new "toys"...

Dave I'm so sorry. I agree with your "fool me once" attitude. Woman suck. They are always looking for the better deal, and that is bullshit. I don't know you personally but I think its obvious you are a decent man. Its her loss. The rest of stuff is just material. Yeah it sucks but you can always rebuy, or rebuild most of it. I doubt you will ever see the guns again. I wouldn't go on any missions because it could lead you into way worst circumstances. We can only learn from our mistakes, and move on. That's all you can do. The quicker we do this the faster life gets back to normal. Call ADT, and next time you move bring the valuables last. I had to learn this lesson a few times myself unfortunately.

Good luck Dave.

That sucks hardcore. Wow, when it rains it pours, right?

But you're a good guy Dave, I don't care what anybody else says, I'll stick up for ya (as will everyone else here, it appears).

They'll get theirs, that's for sure. Whether it be the wife or the thugs, I believe people all eventually get what's coming to them.

Razako

I wonder what they'll do with the lasers. They'll probably either blind themselves or have some fun shining them at helicopters. On the news you'll hear about some punks getting caught shining your RPL-400 at a chopper ::)

This is a horrible thing to happen to anybody Dave. I really do hope they catch those guys out there before they hurt someone else or themselves. But from my experience, this life is lived in ying and yang, so just look forward at the good things that should be coming. :)

jwc

I'm truly sorry to hear about all these horrible things that have happened to you.

Since those RPLs are FDA-approved and have serial numbers, make sure the police know about them... Like Coherent said, they'll probably shine them at helicopters and planes and when they get confiscated (if you find out, of course), you can try to claim them.

That suuuuucccccckkkkks!. I don't know about any lighter side to that story. Other than
know you'll have more time to work on your research w/out the Mrs. thing. The theivery
will be differant to handle cause of distrust of new neibors and all.

I will say that to me in all the lost stuff barring the guns is the 8x diode backup. :'(

In my years of dealing with this sort of thing Dave, I have said that :

A) Friends
b) Family
c) strangers

is the order of how people screw other people whatsoever the case maybe. :-/ check them all

I doubt if I could help and would be discourage to due so untill the security of your new homestead
is established. ( When you do I'm good to send some small parts to help, some drives or something).

Dave, keep your chin up and keep with the faith cause after this test you be the one to have the last laugh. Funny how things work.

in closing, just think when those idiots power up one of those units with a perfectly dialed retnea.
just to pinprick the optical nerve in the back of the eye. An eye for an eye...............

Damn Dave... My condolences on your losses.

It is times like these that test one's faith in Karma. Take small comfort in knowing that they will get theirs in time.

Your tale has reminded me of the intense feelings of violation I felt myself when I was robbed. (Shotgun in my face... not nice) The fantasies of vengeance, the paranoia, the rage. It takes a few years to trust again. But that paranoia has served me well since, and kept my family safe. So some good came of it I guess. I wish the same for you.

I'll keep an eye out for any new SoCal eBay sellers of minerals. I know you had a good collection of spheres and they will stand out if posted.

Abide these trying times with wisdom gained...

CC

Blu-Ray_Junkie said:
Woman suck. They are always looking for the better deal, and that is bullshit.

Come on, now - we're not all bad! There are plenty of decent women out there, Dave just happened to get one that isn't. There are plenty of men in the world who screw decent women over too. ::)

I can't (and won't) post Daves PayPal account here, but those of you that know it, let's help him.

Our words can help, but they can't heal. Our support will keep this incredibly knowledgeable, selfless, insightful, creative, fearless, diode-torturing person that Dave is on his path of "Self" ... And I for one want him to know that we are all here for him as he has been for us.

'Nuff said.

BCM

Schrecken_Licht said:
[quote author=Blu-Ray_Junkie link=1239550497/32#38 date=1239595278] Woman suck. They are always looking for the better deal, and that is bullshit.

Come on, now - we're not all bad! There are plenty of decent women out there, Dave just happened to get one that isn't.  There are plenty of men in the world who screw decent women over too. ::)[/quote]

Then explain, Jerry,john_lawson, dave*.. .. Im not sure now.. Not sure il marry her.
*Thought john lady came back...

But having a gf atm is cool. She was almost my fiance until i broke, looking for another girl. I didint want to cheat her so i broke her.. Later that night i was with the other girl. Atm im with that last one, in an open relationship.

EDIT: Oh shit, i dont think i should have involved personal life in this thread...
-Greg