Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

Hak, I guess you must have been charged sales tax. I found out quite awhile back that if the supplier has a warehouse or distribution center in your state, they will charge you sales tax. I got in the habit of checking where it might be coming from or if they have a sales tax added. It is usually hidden at the end of the listing or far into the description. Some times I have paid the sales tax if it was still a good deal, but where I live the sales tax is close to 10%, so it must be a really good deal. Sorry to hear this happened to you.

That's what I was about to suggest. Because if it's a same state sale , then they have to charge whatever the local tax rate is. I've been asked to do the same thing in some cases.

Last edited:

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

NO-- THE listing sez Upland Ca. so they cant tax me(Tx) AND I won another from them RGB trio for about same $$ and they did not add tax to that one... THEN I read the neg FB and saw several others with same issue-- I have contacted PP and Greedbay about this-shame on me for getting fooled.

anyway if you do yer homework and use my snipper you can get good RGB trios with enough 'tries' to never pay much more than $10 w/free ship--..

I will let you know how this turns out an the mW of all coming in (13 pcs so far)

& I WON"T be bitching if they are overspec--(WAZ up with all that lately??)
for every member WANTING 5 mW or less there are >dozens hoping for overspec.

none are safe for direct shot to the eye so....

any wanting 3 free snipes --send me yr. email addy ( I get 3 free ones too--yeah)

you wont want to ever bid again.

Multiline 594, 604, 612 HeNe on 4 mw

But pricey of course :)

Sounds similar to the one Sam had for sale a year or so ago.

Multiline Helium Neon Laser Orange Orange Yellow RARE | eBay

That's the laser a member had for sale not too long ago (DJeric or something close). 142laser bought it and is now selling it for several times more than he bought it...

That's the laser a member had for sale not too long ago (DJeric or something close). 142laser bought it and is now selling it for several times more than he bought it...

wow, OK. good to know

Doesn't Sam still have 2 of those o,o,y on the classifieds page?

Here's an interesting item that I've had in my watch list a while...

Novalux Laser PLR HPC Laser Diode Green | eBay

Information is very limited on this from the internet, but it may contain a fairly strong 532nm DPSS unit inside, with some places claiming >1W output IIRC. $140 is a bit more than I'd like to drop on it to see what it actually is, but someone else might find working on it to be interesting. There are also some of these Novalux laser modules in blue available from the same seller.

Those are VECSEL's :) Or rather, "NECSEL," Novalux's own name for them. Not sure what the fundamental differences are between them and VECSELS, or if there is any at all.
oleint2_116-04.gif

source: Redesigned VCSELs take a leap in power
another neat image:
getImage.xqy

Check this out for more info:
http://ewh.ieee.org/r6/scv/leos/archive/2006/June/Mooradian.pdf

Those are the same things found in the Novalux Proters 488's (well, different WL obviously) that used to pop up from time to time. Pretty awesome technology!