Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Krypton 1 Watt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Subscribed.

Nice HM. Love your Detailed Reviews. One of the best on the forum.

:pop:

Cool. Will be interesting to see how much is IR. Hopefully not much.

Need some beamshots! :D

Well that's... surprising!

Not really. The vets have had a long history with Steve from WL. Most bad, but some good.
32769d1305972348-blast-past-wink.gif

Mike the most important questions would be IR leak, and TEM. If you can shoot the picture of the dot through a set of goggles the image would be much clearer.

Thanks for still coming here and sharing your experience with us. :beer:

Hmm. 2 week delivery, right on spec, first on the forum. Are you sure we are talking about Wicked Laser here?? LOL

Lets face it, the review units are all cherry picked. I'd consider this proof of concept, and not much more.

i dont care if its a cherry picked! its a fuc**** laser man! :drool:
:wtf::thinking:

@Mike

Nice review!:gj: Glad u got a nice unit :yh:

a question.. how would u compare the beam/dot with those firedragons from dinodirect?

Very good Review!

Of course is not 1W, but it's worth.

WL won 250.000$+++ From Kryptons ONLY.

But i'f i had ~1100$ :)wtf:) I'll choose the Rigel HV Pro 50mW or (Cheaper) PGL-III-A 589nm 50mW.

Last edited:

jakeGT

Hmm. 2 week delivery, right on spec, first on the forum. Are you sure we are talking about Wicked Laser here?? LOL

Lets face it, the review units are all cherry picked. I'd consider this proof of concept, and not much more.

I would consider you exactly correct.

I would love for somebody to ORDER and pay for one themselves, without calling or talking to anybody, and THEN posting that experience.

My guess is , long long wait time.
Underspec
Bad TEM
Tons of IR

But that's just my educated guess :)

Looks like Hemlock Mike got a sweet laser.

I did pay for this laser but Steve knew it was me ordering. There were no special marks on the packaging to indicate a plucked cherry but it is possible.
I admit that the beam seems to dance a bit when on at full power but that's only observed with the expander lens and the power meter. When the beam is running without a lens, it is too bright to see. I'll try a shot through a goggle - good idea. Problem is that when I take the picture, it may be stable at that moment. Steve states in the instruction book that mode hopping may be observed at some temperatures and shows picture examples. He admits this condition and I may need to run it longer to heat up the innards.

Depending on your needs, the dancing doesn't bother me -- 850 mW or 1.05 Watts is way bright for most purposes. I have work to finish tonight (I have to pay for my lasers too!) so I may not have time to do more measurements now.

HMike

Last edited:

Arayan

Thanks for this review, Mike... your words are always a guarantee!

My words are NOT always a guarantee --- It's been the luck-of-the-draw here for years. I don't know if I got a cherry or not. LPMs also can vary in this hobby.

HM

Nice review Mike, can you get a current reading on what the laser is drawing from the Lithium cell, Thanks...

Didn't someone else post about current draw for this laser? He's likely pretty close - within a few mA. Holding current probes and punching in the "code" would need more hands than I have :)
This draws lots of current but never seems to get warm but I've only run it for about 3 minutes at a time. The battery monitor lights are quick to warn of a cell depleting but the first LED to warn doesen't seem to indicate the end. I havent run a cell to the end point. This is a portable and as such does not have unlimited on time. There's lots to test on a laser like this.
HMike

This laser is hell on an 18650! The battery condition lights start a countdown real fast on this laser. maybe I need to clean the contacts again!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.