Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

445nm Laser Diode Compilation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grix

Re: 445nm Casio Laser Diode Compilation Thread

This will be bigger than red and blu-rays! I bet in a few months everyone owns a >500mW blue handheld :D

Grix

Im definately switching the bluray module in my upcoming projector with one of these, yes.

EDIT: So beautiful:

attachment.php

attachment.php

^^ That's running 45 minutes at 1 watt, no smoke in pic

Last edited:

Is that a lasorb in that pic above?
How many people use them?
I cant wait to put this in my scanner i wonder how much green and read it would take to get a good white at that power?
time to google chroma.

I have my own torture machine so there will be some good data to follow ;)
svq45s.jpg

Hey dudes, Where is IgorT now?

I never saw the finish if his 12x lifetest, also his torture machine would come in handy here as one of these cost around $60, not $200.

Anybody heard from IgorT lately?

He's been offline from Skype awful long time now.

jayrob

I like all those clean labels!

Maim... Torture... :crackup:

I thought this was appropriate
i-pooped-a-little.jpg

HIMNL9

On the serious side (well, someone have to do also this :p :D), if anyone is planning to use these diodes near their maximum output, or over, for long duty cycles, please considerate also the thermal problem, if you don't want to kill them too much easily.

I mean, these are probably the 500mW CW (not 1W, imho, cause i never seen 1W in 5,5mm cases, for heath transfer problems), but as you can see in the pics, they are cooled with a HUGE heatsink with 3 fans, in the projector .....

Ofcourse, the heat produced from one diode is not the same that from 24 of them :p, but still they tend to heat a lot .....

^yup! Pretty incredible!!

The power level alone is incredible, than add the fact that they are 445nm blues:D:D:D

Im pretty happy right now, cant belive these just popped up so cheap overnight, im in for the 3rd round groub buy, cant wait to get ahold of one!

ReNNo

Even if these are 50mW that would be great, imho.
I just want to see blue photons first time in my life :D that I can afford.

Beam is not bad, but can be better by using correction optics.

I have small cylinder lens (CYLINDRICAL LENS, PCX - 4" LONG x 1/8" WIDE x 3mm FL ).
Maybe this lens can correct "fast axis" and also can fit inside module (maybe not aixiz module, but in one from O-Like)

Can this work?

Grix

On the serious side (well, someone have to do also this :p :D), if anyone is planning to use these diodes near their maximum output, or over, for long duty cycles, please considerate also the thermal problem, if you don't want to kill them too much easily.

I mean, these are probably the 500mW CW (not 1W, imho, cause i never seen 1W in 5,5mm cases, for heath transfer problems), but as you can see in the pics, they are cooled with a HUGE heatsink with 3 fans, in the projector .....

Ofcourse, the heat produced from one diode is not the same that from 24 of them :p, but still they tend to heat a lot .....

They run at 700mW each in the A140 projector. That means they have to be rated stronger than 500mW, no matter how big of a heatsink. They are meant to last 10000 hours in the projector, your know

HIMNL9

They run at 700mW each in the A140 projector. That means they have to be rated stronger than 500mW, no matter how big of a heatsink. They are meant to last 10000 hours in the projector, your know

Yes, but, 700mW of consumed power, or 700mW of given light ?

I suggest that, for the next GB, when the organizer get the projector, to make some measures, so we can have some more precise data .....

Just as example, the first measure can be take the module as in the posted pic (beams coming out, but still in the fans flow), then masking all the diodes except one, make a power reading with an LPM (or from more than one diode, still one at a time, if you want to have an average reading) ..... then, acting with care, is possible to cut one of the power tracks from one of the LDs branches (or, alsoin this case, on all them), and place an 1 ohm 3W precision resistor in serie of the track, and then measure the current of the LD serie, and the voltage of the serie (maybe better place the resistors before take the power measure, for get more correct data) ..... this can give us the actual VF, the current for the "normal" use, and the power output (through the stock lens) at these VF and current ..... so, also if we don't have precise datasheets, we can still have some more data, and decide how much they can be "pushed" in our builds .....

Just an idea ..... ;)

Grix

Yes, but, 700mW of consumed power, or 700mW of given light ?

That's optical output. :drool:

brtaman on PL said:
White-light: In one of the other 445nm threads, dream beamz tested the output of a single diode with the projector intact. Results were a very encouraging 600-700mw output per diode after lens.

That's optical output. :drool:
Folks check out the OP in Casio GB3 thread, they have been run at 1W of optical output for 45 minutes without LED !!

Now that's promising!

I'm selling kidneys to buy this.
Kidney, anybody?

diachi

The LDs run pulsed in the projector at 250Hz and 50%/66% duty cycle depending on power settings. The 700mW reading is therefore not accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.