Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

445nm Laser Diode Compilation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 445nm Casio Laser Diode Compilation Thread

Oh god.... what the hell happened when I was gone? This is HUGE! Did this just happen over the last few days, somehow they started mass selling 445nm diodes?

It all started yesterday for the most part..

Just in the last few days :D

LOL! Do we have a reliable source for these diodes, or did someone just stumble across a DLP projector?

As long as they make these projectors we've got a reliable source. Round 3 of the group buy for diodes is currently active.

that's ridiculous. Is the projector a good source of green and red tech too?

daguin

that's ridiculous. Is the projector a good source of green and red tech too?

The green is produced by fluorescing a phosphor disk with the blue light and the red comes from an LED source

Peace,
dave

It's kind of interesting how it works. It uses red high-power LEDs and a phosphor wheel that is illuminated by the blue laser light which causes the phosphors to fluoresce to make a brilliant green.

EDIT dammit Dave.. fastest fingers in the west.

Ok, cool. And is it just me, or are these diodes more powerful than anything we have right now? I've heard some people say rated at 1 watt in the 5.6mm package. That's higher than anything I've ever seen.

As of the most recent testing of the diodes from the A130 projector, 500-600mW has been obtained but only briefly. It's a little early to tell how long they'll last, but I intend to meter the lasers while they're still in the projector to estimate a safe power level for maximum lifetime.

By "only briefly" do you mean they died at those power levels? Even so, that's still way up there with 8x/12x diodes.

no I don't think they're dead, it's just too early to say if they'll last at that level.

Whoa. Maybe these will be like BR diodes and we will be able to drive them at like 5x the rated power. 3 watt handhelds, here we come :D

daguin

It's kind of interesting how it works. It uses red high-power LEDs and a phosphor wheel that is illuminated by the blue laser light which causes the phosphors to fluoresce to make a brilliant green.

EDIT dammit Dave.. fastest fingers in the west.

Nah. Bored. I am avoiding putting my visor on this evening

Peace,
dave

Whoa. Maybe these will be like BR diodes and we will be able to drive them at like 5x the rated power. 3 watt handhelds, here we come :D

Heh, that would be awesome but I think the heat generation at those power levels would turn the diode chip into a crater - it's already crazy the power outputs we are getting from a 5.6mm diode can

Status
Not open for further replies.