Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1W polished 405nm 3.8mm diode Lazeerer

A Beamshot ... WHAT DO YOU WAIT FOR?! POST IT! :D ( and the spot on your door ;) )

Haha, well i took this picture of the beam, but not of the door.
The door is a bit more behind me from were the picture bin taken :) ''doh''

75nDavu.jpg

Very nice. I cant wait to get my 405 running. Will also be in a polished host. 405 and shiney go together really well :)

The newer 206's are using much more efficient 3.8mm diodes. It's been mentioned here and there on the forums. Although there hasn't been much testing exclusively on them recognizing them as a sepperate diode from their 5.6mm counter part found in the S06J. Excellent looking laser by the way!!

Last edited:

DTR

I have to say that is an amazing laser. One for the all time greats. Congrats on that amazing unit and for snagging one of those diodes from Lazerer.:)

The Pioneer BDR-206 has one in it. This site sell them
Pioneer BDR-206 12x Laser Sled with 500mW 405nm Laser Diode
I know there are other sources but I forgot who else has them.

I can tell you for sure the 3.8mm diodes Lazeerer got are not the BDR-206 3.8mm 405's. They are a completely different beast altogether. I have tested quite a few of the 3.8mm 405's from the 206 and got no better average efficiency out of them and they all LEDed before the S06J's. If they had been better I was planning on switching but it did not turn out that way so I stuck with the 5.6mm version. I even went back and tried again after Lazeerer found that diode. The 3.8mm diodes Lazeerer got from the data shared with me are very efficient in comparison and act much like the 445's when given too much current. They dim as apposed to LED and this happens well over 1W. Then you turn it back down and it comes back to life. We are all hoping that he can get some more.

I don't think it's a bdr-206 diode guys. I think it's the new 3.8mm out of the lg "14x"
:shhh:

Do you know of a 14X drive sports a 3.8mm diode? If so I would want to do some testing but the only one I know of has a 5.6mm diode. There is a teardown thread on a 14X drive that I did. The diode showed the exact same efficiency of the S06J, had identical markings and was a 5.6mm just like the S06J. I am pretty confident to say at least with that driver the only thing they upgraded was the software/hardware to be able to burn @ 14X speeds.

Reactions: ARG

ARG

I can tell you for sure the 3.8mm diodes Lazeerer got are not the BDR-206 3.8mm 405's. They are a completely different beast altogether. I have tested quite a few of the 3.8mm 405's from the 206 and got no better average efficiency out of them and they all LEDed before the S06J's. If they had been better I was planning on switching but it did not turn out that way so I stuck with the 5.6mm version. I even went back and tried again after Lazeerer found that diode. The 3.8mm diodes Lazeerer got from the data shared with me are very efficient in comparison and act much like the 445's when given too much current. They dim as apposed to LED and this happens well over 1W. Then you turn it back down and it comes back to life. We are all hoping that he can get some more.

Ah, okay. :) I haven't been following the status on 405nm diodes too closely, I thought this was a freak 3.8mm 405nm diode. I've killed every 12x diode I've had :rolleyes: I would love to have one that acts like a 445nm diode. Then maybe I wouldn't be killing the diodes :p

Lazeerer gets all the goodies, first the more powerful 660nm diodes and now these :D

Last edited:
yeah he's holding out on us! but that's ok because he always comes through for us!

I have to say that is an amazing laser. One for the all time greats. Congrats on that amazing unit and for snagging one of those diodes from Lazerer.:)

Do you know of a 14X drive sports a 3.8mm diode? If so I would want to do some testing but the only one I know of has a 5.6mm diode. There is a teardown thread on a 14X drive that I did. The diode showed the exact same efficiency of the S06J, had identical markings and was a 5.6mm just like the S06J. I am pretty confident to say at least with that driver the only thing they upgraded was the software/hardware to be able to burn @ 14X speeds.

I ve bought the 14x sled from the chinese that looks different than yours. Most likely the seller gave me some wrong information:yabbmad:

Btw I was thinking about buying an s08j drive. It does 8x for BD-DL. Do you know if someone tested it already?

Gun

I think you'll need to wear safety goggles while looking at that host, it's so damn shiny! ;)

Very nice work :)

Wow, I'm out of words. Lazeerer is a hell of a guy.

Congrats on your new laser! :beer:

Awesome, great job SM!! That is a beautiful host & I believe you now have an empty seat waiting in the 1W 405nm club :D There's a lot to be said about seeing 1W of purple in a laser beam, pictures never do it true justice. Well done!

:beer: