Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

XJ-A150 News

DrSid

Just an idea .. a guy from projector manufacturer just joined this forum and we want to be friends with them right ? They are pretty scared with possible law suits. Maybe you could mask company name in the photos, as a sign of good will ?

dnar

Just an idea .. a guy from projector manufacturer just joined this forum and we want to be friends with them right ? They are pretty scared with possible law suits. Maybe you could mask company name in the photos, as a sign of good will ?
Would that be a guy named Mary?

Kevlar

DTR: I tried to +rep you, but "I need to spread the love" according to the forum software.

Thanks for doing this.

I'll take care of that for you dnar!! :wave:

Thanks for taking the risk for the community DTR!! :thanks:

Serac

:thanks: to DTR & all the people who chipped in, I was not on much over the last few days and just saw this thread

A big thanks to you DTR and all who donated to the purchase of this new A150 projector. Thanks

Agreed! Big ups

But lets not forget to put these diodes through the ringer and see if they might be better then the 140s! 2.5W at 2A? Who knows...fingers crossed

vk2fro

Thanks for guinea pigging the A150 DTR. +rep for ya. Glad theres going to be a continual stream of these diodes.

Roll on the 6 watt 445 build :D

DTR---A+++ member-- offered to refund my $$ for an A-15 diode just because they are seemingly the same as the A14s-- I am happy to pay 60$
for the A-15 diode-- the info learned is an added bonus---TY Jordan

+rep when I am allowed

Hmm. Doesn't the guy from the LED Museum have a USB Spectrometer? Wouldn't it maybe be worth at least getting a reading from that, to see if anything is going on here WL wise?

X FLY

Hmm. Doesn't the guy from the LED Museum have a USB Spectrometer? Wouldn't it maybe be worth at least getting a reading from that, to see if anything is going on here WL wise?

Yea we should convince him to buy one diode :p (Maybe give it at a discount in exhange for the tests?)

DTR

Thanks guys. Shipping is the most time consuming part.:)

All diodes went out today except Morgan's. Just waiting on an address.:D

All domestic shipments say expected delivery 11/08/2010. International ones estimate 6-10 business days:beer:

I have a spectrometer. I'll post the data when I receive my diode.

Here's an easy way to tell if they're different. Aim a regular diode (at low power) at a point. Aim the new diode at the same point. Hold a diffraction grating to your eye and view the point.

^^^^ or, something i noticed with fp and scope guy. stack the 140 and a 150 (complete laser of course) on top of each other, and then put a diffraction grating in front. you'll easily see the different wavelength.

michael