Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

TOP 10 - BEAMSHOT COMPETITION ONE -- final voting round!!!

Which beamshot should win it all??

Votes: 4 5.1%

Votes: 9 11.5%

Votes: 19 24.4%

Votes: 6 7.7%

Votes: 5 6.4%

Votes: 7 9.0%

Votes: 8 10.3%

Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 17 21.8%

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

So when is the next contest, the one where it doesn't matter who has seen the beam shot before.

I don't think I'm going to host any competition (maybe 1 eventually) where you can use old pictures. The point is to inspire creation, not repetition.

Is there a prize for last place :D:D:D:D

My undying appreciation ;)

Aha! So now we know who the culprit is! Please no more photos!:na:

*in deep, god-like voice* Only I know the true culprit muahahaha (besides the culprit himself of course)

I am curios how many people are there in the forum... Only 49 votes seems pretty small to me... Or are the others just browsers? :thinking:

In my opinion the quality of the photo's and the number of votes aren't that well correlated. The last round is done by the judges, right? I wish I could say more about my photo, but it'll have to wait I guess.

Voted :) The results of this competition were pretty good! :)

Just a question for the next competition, in christmas.. I don't have any white/red/green laser, so can I use my blue laser and edit the picture (monochromatic) in way to get a "white laser beam"? thank you and great work :)

Well I voted and I hope I'm eligible to have done so.
Sticking with the same choice this time around too.
Good luck to all and I'm trying to get an entry ready for the next one.

I voted. It was difficult for me to choose between 4 (awesome), 6 (zomg massive) and 13 (awesome, well thought out) but I've put in my opinion :D

As others above have said, I too am very interested in what was put into some of those shots. I am particular to the artistic side from all of this and I can see a lot of detail and thought went into several submissions overall. I look forward to learn who sent each submission and what was behind each shot, especially the trouser-beamshot to the ass guy hehehe! :crackup: :beer:

Great contest. Lots of amazing pictures and here I thought I had a chance until I saw the competition! lol. I will definitely have to step up my game for the next one!!! I ordered the O-Like Power Rock 250mW 650nm hopefully it comes in the mail in time or I will be SOL.

I recently got a O-Like Power Rock 400mW 405nm and it is an amazing host I really love it. When my LPM comes in the mail I will do a review on it. I am interested to see how much power I am really getting with the water proofing that this host has. Not exactly sure why a laser needs to be water proof I guess I will take it into the hot tub with me???

Good luck with the next comp guys. Hopefully we can see some more great shots.

I don't reccomend the hot tub, you're likely to get it all smeary and possibly overheat something. But I sometimes think it's cool to take mine into the shower or bath and I've once or twice used them in an outdoor swimming pool at night.

I don't reccomend the hot tub, you're likely to get it all smeary and possibly overheat something. But I sometimes think it's cool to take mine into the shower or bath and I've once or twice used them in an outdoor swimming pool at night.

water vapors can easily condense on the cold surface of aluminum or other part of the laser (not to mention the CAMERA) and some can enter inside making all kind of shorts, corrosion and other nasty stuff :D I don't like anything (which involves electricity) near intense water vapors! :can:

I think the next competition should be kept COMPLETELY ANONYMOUS! I already know whose are some of the photos here whether someone slipped it out of his mouth or on purpose... and so do the other guys .. and that makes voting unfair I guess. Just saying :D

Last edited:
I think the next competition should be kept COMPLETELY ANONYMOUS! I already know whose are some of the photos here whether someone slipped it out of his mouth or on purpose... and so do the other guys .. and that makes voting unfair I guess. Just saying :D

Complete anonymity might not be possible since people do like to post pictures... and personally I like seeing them:p

I don't want people holding on to awesome pics just for some contest.

Bottom line is people should vote for the photos, and not the people who took the photos.

that's exactly what I meant. :D They can tell which is which at the end :)

I totally agree. Once some mentioned which pictures were theirs and some info how they were made, I noticed the pic's votes jumping up..

Definately should be anonymous. Most members have a good idea who's are who's anyway.