Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Should DeiselMarine be banned?

Ban DeiselMarine?

• Yes

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • No ... but try to withhold threats

Votes: 26 59.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm getting pretty tired of these threads. Not the fact that they are created, but the fact that I've come to realize we really need at least one moderator to sort these things out without having a member create a thread every single time something like this happens.

BanHammer!

forums

EDIT: Voted No. Give serious warning, have him apologize, etc. etc. (^ apology up there :)!).

I understand. You have my word no more bullsh#t from me i am just here to learn and and share some info and ideas

Reactions: mfo

Fair enough. If he was man enough to come and apologise, then no worries.

Without having experienced it, true understanding is impossible. Being in theater changes a man (or woman). Combat brings to the fore, things in the human mind that are best left buried and controlled. You are gong to have to trust me on this one. If you have never experienced it, your brain is incapable of imagining what it is like. Stories and movies do not even come close.

My war was Vietnam. I fully understand the difficulty of coming home again. However, I also understand that the combat mindset is unacceptable here in "The World."

When you encounter a combat veteran, give him some space (and tolerance). If his actions are out of line, whenever possible, let the authorities deal with it. No one wins in a confrontation between a combat veteran and a civilian.

I do not agree that it is an "excuse" for any behavior. However, it could be a good reason for that behavior. He does not need to be chastised, coerced, forced, or made to understand. He needs help and (mostly) time to adjust.

The number of my brothers who are in jail, living on the street, and/or addicted to drugs and alcohol are clear testament to what the results of not being able to "come home" truly means.

With all my heart . . .

Peace,
dave

I had a patient last night that was seeking help for suicidal ideations. Apparanty he is a former Navy SEAL suffering from PTSD and is unable to cope with some of the things he had to do overseas, but refuses to speak of them (aren't SEAL missions classified anyways?) He was a very nice guy luckily for me. For some reason the thought of being stuck in a confined space with a pissed off Navy SEAL did not appeal to me ;)

Anyways, I looked at the post. Even though the threats are wrong, they were provoked and both of the people involved are to blame. Just as death threats over the internet are wrong, so is calling someone an "alpha-removed"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8382

I vote no because he apologized, but seriously, no bullshit here, we try to be professionals ;)

Hhmm..I got banned for 11 years (2010) for posting a picture of a dead rat which was misinterpreted as a death threat. A Marine, fresh from Iraq, PM's a direct death threat and there is just a warning.

A. Picture of a dead rat = 11 year ban

B. "dead man walking who the fuck asked for your two cents ill put one in your head bitch you think your tough over the internet come see me in person you aint even worth my time dick " from a dude just back from war, who owns and plays with guns. = Its OK, just apologize.

My father was in the infantry and the Battle of the Bulge. He saw 2,000 of his brothers, friends, and country men die a day in one of the most bloodiest battles in US history. It made him so F'd up he eventually took his own life. But what it didn't make him do was threaten civilians with death threats.

What's even more messed about this whole situation is, if he acts like this on the internet, how does he act in real life?

I think he should have gotten at least a 2 week ban and had to write an open apology when he got back.

WTF I had too. http://laserpointerforums.com/f57/im-back-34196.html

mfo

Without having experienced it, true understanding is impossible. Being in theater changes a man (or woman). Combat brings to the fore, things in the human mind that are best left buried and controlled. You are gong to have to trust me on this one. If you have never experienced it, your brain is incapable of imagining what it is like. Stories and movies do not even come close.

My war was Vietnam. I fully understand the difficulty of coming home again. However, I also understand that the combat mindset is unacceptable here in "The World."

When you encounter a combat veteran, give him some space (and tolerance). If his actions are out of line, whenever possible, let the authorities deal with it. No one wins in a confrontation between a combat veteran and a civilian.

I do not agree that it is an "excuse" for any behavior. However, it could be a good reason for that behavior. He does not need to be chastised, coerced, forced, or made to understand. He needs help and (mostly) time to adjust.

The number of my brothers who are in jail, living on the street, and/or addicted to drugs and alcohol are clear testament to what the results of not being able to "come home" truly means.

With all my heart . . .

Peace,
dave

Damn, my respect just literally tripled for you Dave.

Thanks for all the positive support i am sorry and it won't happen again i got heated and lost my cool i wasnt serious about going after Crazyjay or any member of this forum i love this forum so my apologies to all that had to put up with my bullshit thanks for your understanding
semper fi

Its all good Marine. I was just following standard procedure. Thats why in the pole for no I said "but try to withhold threats". And it wasn't me who was apart of the argument, you and tech junkie were going at it.