Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Should DarkArmyofOne be Banned?

Ban DarkArmyofOne?

• Yes ... its been enough already

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • No ... dispite what he's done, he's still a good guy

Votes: 29 63.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree 110% Jerry but not getting into that... :whistle:

I feel you crazy jay have not had enough experience in this forum (not saying I have) to be making a thread like this.[/rant]

Experience is irrelevant. I made this poll so get used to it. Vote no if you feel he shouldn't get banned. It's all really simple actually.

daguin

In coming after Crazy Jay for any reason, you are forgetting one huge concept here.

c0ldshadow asked that these polls be created whenever there was a potential problem. He does NOT have time to peruse the the boards as he would like.

Debating the "purpose" of the poll is really irrelevant. Trying to talk others into or out of anything is really irrelevant.

Vote "yes" or "no" and c0ld will take it under advisement.

And yes: (in case you have not been around long enough to know the history of LPF), pissing off enough people IS a reason to be banned here ;)

Peace,
dave

cmon, lets stay on topic guys, you two dont need to start fighting too, then everyone will get banned lol (J/P)

This will run it's course, the majority vote already predits the outcome. so lets keep this thread "light hearted" if you will. others need not fight over something that hasnt a thing to do with them, thats just bad for the two people arguing.

Everyones welcome to their opinion and vote though, best of luck to all, Voting no is the obvous choice, maybe if i had commited a crime yes, but i have not. only a simple PM was sent, and a mistake made several months ago. and thats what sparked the fire.

So you all be the judge, do i, a long time contributing member, deserved to be banned for sending one rude PM, and making a mistake months and months ago that i already corrected... the statistics are heavily pointing towards no...

Just my thoughts, peace, and good luck to all, dont get into any fights over this and end up in the same dumb position im in. it's a waste of time, and it isnt fun. not to mention it makes allot of people look bad. as bob sais, my hard earned rep is tainted now due to a newb who couldnt handle profanity.

in the present, i am clean. no fouls on my part. and i kept my word, and i no longer offer lasers for sale. so again, you descide, is this really right? or is this just an opportunity for my "competitors" to get me off this forum? it's un-deniable that a competitor would naturally want me gone, its business. but i dont have anything to fear.

So im done with this thread until 10/27/09 - or until C0ld contacts me

Speak with you all then, if you DO need to speak with me, simply PM me. i will still be around. but not feeding the fire in this thread.

Tyler - Dark Lasers

Last edited:
cmon, lets stay on topic guys, you two dont need to start fighting too, then everyone will get banned lol (J/P)

This will run it's course, the majority vote already predits the outcome. so lets keep this thread "light hearted" if you will. others need not fight over something that hasnt a thing to do with them, thats just bad for the two people arguing.

Everyones welcome to their opinion and vote though, best of luck to all, Voting no is the obvous choice, this poll shouldnt have been started to begin with, maybe if i had commitd a crime yes, but i have not. only a simple PM was sent. and thats what sparked the fire

So you all be the judge, do i, a long time contributing member, deserved to be banned for sending one rude PM, and making a mistake months and months ago that i already corrected... the statistics are heavily pointing towards no...

Just my thoughts, peace, and good luck to all, dont get into any fights over this and end up in the same dumb position im in. it's a waste of time, and it isnt fun. not to mention it makes allot of people look bad. as bob sais, my hard earned rep is tainted now due to a newb who couldnt handle profanity, and did the imature thing, and posted a private matter, in the forums, thus starting the fire, wich led to bring up the PAST, not the present. (and also loaded him with rep he didnt EARN)

in the present, i am clean. no fouls on my part. and i kept my word, and i no longer offer lasers for sale. so again, you descide, is this really right? or is this just an opportunity for my "competitors" to get me off this forum? it's n-deniable that a competitor would naturally want me gone, its business. but i dont have anything to fear.

So im done with this thread until 10/27/09

Speak with you all then, if you DO need to speak with me, simply PM me. i will still be around. but not feeding the fire in this thread.

Tyler - Dark Lasers

The poll was needed. I have been watching many threads about it not just the most recent one. I still didn't vote against you Tyler :)... thats to show my good will. As for me being so called "inexperienced", Reputation means almost nothing to me so in my view anyone can be as wrong as any other.

I've read all of the threads about this issue, and the links provided as examples. I see no reason to ban, perhaps this poll is a warning in itself. laserbee's post #40 is spot on.

Couple more hours :) The verdict is clear ^_^, i have proven that i am not a threat to this forum, or a scammer/conman, but am a usefull asset, as well as a descent contributor/Donator to this forum, the place i know and love so much :D I've always done whatever i could to help LPF, wether t be donations, or the raffle, or jus helping a newcomer out on his first build :)

Thanks to all who saw the REAL light, took the time to check me out, and realize im really not a bad guy, everyone makes mistakes, the mistakes i made were minor, and have been dealt with thourghaly.

the 14 "no" votes im sure came from the handfull of people/competitors who dont like me. im thinkin thats why i got 12-14 no's off the bat, and nothing but yes's after that :D my enemies tried, but failed again. so to the 14 people who voted no "you know who you are ;)" It's time to move on. it is now the past, I am no longer the person i was 6 months ago, i have matured, and grown allot since then, and gained invaluable knoledge from this awsome forum :) so Peace to those who have issues with me, or had issues. This is my formal appology for whatever it is that i may (or may NOT) have done, I appologize to those 14 people, and my best wishes to you and your future success.

Now that the pole is almost done with, we can now say, i have proven my worth, and i am not a threat to anyone, or this forum. hopefully newbs wont start polls on me over PM's, and a screw up months and months ago again lol. My hopes are we can move on staring with a clean slate. :) I just want to be a ragular member of the forum, I dont want to be treated "special" or different just because im a seller, im just as normal as everyone else here (even though were all laser junkies lol!) I'd just lke to contribute knoledge and advice from now on, no more build service, no more repairs, no more custom orders. I just wanna be like you guys, treated normally, not held up high just because i own Dark Lasers .com .I Dont plan on being a big-shot so to speak on the forum, i'd like it if people would let me just keep to myself most times, and provide advice, or parts when needed :) Is this a possibility do you think guys? Can we start a-new? I think LPF would be a better place if we wash all this past bitterness away... As im sure everyone knows, there wont be anymore issues with me on this forum financial or business wise, but i wont let people walk on me either... I will be here, but in a neutral position.

Now we can just have PEACE on the forum guys, you all have had your opportunity to stike out at me, and voice your thoughts/opinions. and the time is almost over to do so, so can we all just make amends now? and be at peace with one-another on this forum that we ALL love? This place would be so much more peacefull, and we can dedicate our time to knolegde, and learning, and making sure our forum stays alive, instead of fighting and arguig over petty things such as PM'S

Can we let the past, be the past, and move on to a better future for LPF, meaning, lets not fight, compete, or argue over trivial things anymore. Lets all just work together in a sense, lets all just share our knoledge, and derive as much pleasure from this hobby as possible!

I am still sticking to my word, i dont take orders for lasers anymore. the only thing i would offer for sale on this forum is products (spares), or a FINISHED laser(s), with a graph, and a video of it being metered LIVE, so there can be no doubts of output power and such. but that will be a while from now, for now i am concentrating on DarkLasers, and DarkLasers alone. but when i get the spare time, i will put together some low-cost PHR builds in pocket mini's, and maybe a few other hosts, meter/graph them live, and list them for sale, meaning no wait time like with my old service. where you'd order a custom laser. i wont be doing custom lasers anymore. i will only sell what i have pre-built, and ready to be shipped the same, or next day payment is made. thats all im willing to do, wich im sure no-one will have a probem with, as i will provide w/e proof necisarry, and even let others meter my builds and give me a stamp of approval :) (Example, since some people think i try to sell under-spec lasers, i would be willing to send each and every one to Daguin, a VERY trusted and respected member, and have him verify the output, so no one can say otherwise) Dave is a very trustworthy man, and im sure if he sais my lasers are up to spec, people will believe it, also the graphs, and videos will help too :)

Thats if Daguin, or someone else would be willing to meter them for me to prove their power. I do have an LPM, but i want people to feel comfortable, so if it takes sending it to a VET for authentification, then so be it :) i dont mind, but thats way down the road. Im not building for a while. just going to massivly upgrade DarkLasers .com and sink as much cash as possible into parts and the site itself (nomore ZenCart ^_^) thats my main focus for now, to make DarkLasers an awsome DIY laser shop, thats easy and quick for shoppers all over the world to get premium quality parts for a descently low price (no im not going to lower the prices any lower, there has to be a standard somehweres) my goal is to NOT effect other's business's. hence why the prices will remain the same, except on S03 sleds. (and i my have found a source for REAL 203 sleds, not sure though, the seller doesnt speak english, and is VERY hard to communicate with) but the photos tey sent me ARE real BDR-203 sleds, not S03's with the copper heatsinks on the red and IR diodes. so i know their reall, i just need to test one first. i'll keep people updated when the seller writes me back (very slow communicator, probably du to them being half way accross the world) lol

Anyways, thank you to all my suporters, i dont know who voted yes for me, but thank you to the 24 that did :) And thank you for everyone elses support who remained neutral.

Peace to all, and i hope everyone can enjoy LPF a little more now :)

Tyler - Dark Lasers

daguin

Couple more hours :) The verdict is clear ^_^, i have proven that i am not a threat to this forum, or a scammer/conman, but am a usefull asset, as well as a descent contributor/Donator to this forum, the place i know and love so much :D I've always done whatever i could to help LPF, wether t be donations, or the raffle, or jus helping a newcomer out on his first build :)

Thanks to all who saw the REAL light, took the time to check me out, and realize im really not a bad guy, everyone makes mistakes, the mistakes i made were minor, and have been dealt with thourghaly.

This "proves" NONE of the above. The only thing it proves is that more of the people who voted want you to stay than want you to go.

Stay REAL, Man.

Hyperbole and exaggeration is what got you into this boat to begin with.

Peace,
dave

T

You idiot. You've proven nothing at all except that you will continue to bend and distort the truth as long as it serves you best.. Luckily for you it seems you've made a few friends here.

Got somethin' to say to me about this? Feel free anytime!! I relish any opportunity to hand you your ass.

Oh, and they built spell check into the post boxes so people like you don't look like they never made it past 2nd grade.

Steal anything today Dark? (posts 50 and 75 in the link)

Last edited:
Who cares who came up with the idea? The idea is ages old. He executed it, and then bragged about it.. He's a self-admitted thief.. you want to try defending that to me now? I f*cking hate thieves.

Last edited:

Grix

I'm willing to bet that there are more members that have done it.

Maybe, but they had the good sense to NOT BRAG ABOUT IT LIKE IT'S OK!!!!!! There's no defense or justification for stealing. You can try and justify it to yourself, but it's still stealing, plain and simple. I'd like to think that we don't condone illegal and morally unacceptable activities here, but maybe I'm wrong.. Am I wrong Grix?

Last edited:

daguin

It wasn't even dark that came up with the idea of doing that.

Your logic is as wrong as it is incomprehensible to me.

My neighbor was NOT the first person to break into a house to steal someone's belongings and certainly others have done it too. However, he still went to jail for it. Should he too have gotten off because he wasn't the first or the only? Should he get off because he did not "invent" the crime?

Should the second person that steals your second car get off with a lighter (or no) sentence because he was not the first to steal your car nor was he the only person to steal it?

I'm willing to bet that there are more members that have done it.

And if they did, they too would be thieves (and probably shouldn't get involved in this conversation). If you or any others have done this, then you or they need to re-read my writing above and measure yourself against the law and moral character.

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
Your logic is as wrong as it is incomprehensible to me.

My neighbor was NOT the first person to break into a house to steal someone's belongings and certainly others have done it too. However, he still went to jail for it. Should he too have gotten off because he wasn't the first or the only? Should he get off because he did not "invent" the crime?

Should the second person that steals your second car get off with a lighter (or no) sentence because he was not the first to steal your car nor was he the only person to steal it?

And if they did, they too would be thieves (and probably shouldn't get involved in this conversation). If you or any others have done this, then you or they need to re-read my writing above and measure yourself against the law and moral character.

Peace,
dave

Well put Dave,

It really does not matter if other people do something. Lots of people steal, but does that mean that a single person who is caught should not be punished! he should not be allowed to sell stolen goods on this forum, period!

Status
Not open for further replies.