Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Should DarkArmyofOne be Banned?

Ban DarkArmyofOne?

• Yes ... its been enough already

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • No ... dispite what he's done, he's still a good guy

Votes: 29 63.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asherz

"Reference in this website to any specific commercial products, process, service, manufacturer, or company does not constitute its endorsement or recommendation by Laser Pointer Forums, LLC. Laser Pointer Forums, LLC is not responsible for the contents of any "off-site" web page referenced from or advertised on this website. Conversely, Laser Pointer Forums, LLC does not take any ownership of the content found on external websites that link back to Laser Pointer Forums, LLC. Information or services detailed on external sites are not endorsed, warranted or guaranteed and are not necessarily representative of the views of Laser Pointer Forums, LLC. Laser Pointer Forums, LLC has not conducted any independent investigation or research regarding the claims, warranties, or representations made by third parties, including third party advertisers and thus, cannot verify any statements or implications made by such third parties displayed or posted anywhere on this website. Users purchase and use any third party products at their own risk."

I'm pretty sure that covers cold as for him being held responsible for anything.

I'm pretty sure this forum is not going to end because Tyler has said he returned a BR player with no diode. Advertising laser websites in the first place which endorse shipping to the USA and UK is illegal. But that is beyond the point, and I would definitly not want this forum to be closed down, I enjoy getting to know the people here and I enjoy learning from the more experienced members.

Anyway, that's the end of this for me I don't wish to make any enemies for casting my opinion... I try my best to get along with most people so I'll drop it now and see what happens.

Sorry if this shifted the focus of the thread I got a little carried away.

This is a forum Asherz - no one should attack you for giving an honest opinion (unless it is a stupid one:D)

Asherz

This is a forum Asherz - no one should attack you for giving an honest opinion (unless it is a stupid one:D)

:p Well... I'm going back to my corner now. I really don't like arguing and my fingers hurt from typing :)

:p Well... I'm going back to my corner now. I really don't like arguing and my fingers hurt from typing :)

Hey Asherz do you find yourself out of character when you are involved in an argument? I tend to feel less intelligent with the more I argue with... crazy huh

Jaseth

I think a ban is over the top. Tyler is usually a nice guy, he has messed up several times but each time he has apologised, even if he has ranted a lot first.

I say give him another chance and keep the ban-hammer for if he does something really big and bad. At the moment many people are dealing with him and having good experiences.

Seb

Asherz

Hey Asherz do you find yourself out of character when you are involved in an argument? I tend to feel less intelligent with the more I argue with... crazy huh

Yup, but at least it's over a forum... It gives me some time to count to 10 before I post rather than just saying something :)

IDK... I've been following this since this morning....

I'm not taking any sides in this... just stating some facts as I see them...

This whole thing started because Dark_Horse needed to post his views
about Dark Laser's web site looking too much like his own... before
even contacting Tyler to ask why...
He automatically assumed it was done maliciously by Tyler..

It was clearly shown in the first few posts that the reason for that was
not Tyler's fault.. but the web site designer that admitted to his error...
and that it will be corrected... even Dark_Horse said he was satisfied..

That should have been enough of that Thread... problem solved..

But some members took that opportunity to accuse Tyler for all the other
wrongs he may or may not have done (I wasn't there... I don't know
anything for a fact) which had absolutely nothing to do with the issue
that Dark_Horse brought to light.

Now we have a ban Dark Lasers thread.. started by a member who not
long ago might have been a target of a ban poll himself...

I agree... bragging about swapping out 8X diodes and returning DVD
burners is completely wrong and unacceptable... even if a few members
on that famous thread didn't think so..

As to shoddy Laser building practices... I seem to remember Jake21
building lasers that fell apart by just looking at them according to some
members that dealt with him... but he wasn't banned for that..

If I went out right now and shot someone.. then came here and bragged
to all of you about it... there is no way that c0ld would be held responsible
for my actions or what I posted...

No Joke... some of you guys sound a little like a lynch mob to me...

Just my
2c.gif

Jerry

Jerry

I don't appreciate that comment Mr Jerry. You seem to hold a grudge against me.

Jaseth

We agreed that we should create polls about this stuff and that the poll starter should not be held responsible for starting the poll but only for what he/she wrote. Crazy Jay is not in the wrong for brining up this issue.
If anyone disagrees with banning DAoO (like I do), simply vote "no"

Seb

I don't appreciate that comment Mr Jerry. You seem to hold a grudge against me.

It's only a grudge if you think it's a grudge... I have absolutely nothing
bad to say about you nor have I done so in my post above... Like I said
at the beginning of my above post...just stating some facts as I see them...

As a matter of fact I'm quite proud of you turning yourself around and
becoming a contributing member of the Forum...;)

Jerry

my "reent" action on the forum was ONE pm to someone who prooked me, and w have since shook hands, and cleared the air.

I am not a thief, i did the wap trick once, go back and read if you want, and that was FAR before dark lasers. i got my ass chewed for that a LONG time ago, this has nothing to do with that.

And i have a deal with Avery yes, a good one at that, am a descent supporter and donator to this forum (check the raffle out), and there isnt anything i've "said" or "done" within the past handfull of months that would even REMOTELY make LPF look bad. Cold wont ban me guys, this really is just about personal quarrels, and verbal altercation with such and such.

There were no products, money, or anything stolen, taken, damaged or anything at all for that matter.

This is basicly just a ple if you "lik me or not"

You guys make i seem as if i go around the forum causing damage left and right, check my posts, you al are the ones who provoke me into verbal conflict. and that not what i want, hence why IM never the instigator, in every situation im willing to gulp my pride just to stop all the drama,

So vote on me if you like, this is truely dis-respectfull IMO crazy jay, i have done nothing to you, nor spoken to you, and you dont have a single fact of any forum abuse on me... why are you trying to start trouble?

C0ld will not ban me unless i PURPOSLY set out to do direct or indirect damage to someone, wich hasnt happened, and will not happen.

Your all the judges aparently, do as you please, i think deep down you all know im the LEAST of anyones worries on this forum. i dont sell on the forum at all (minus the 50 modules i sold) thats because it would have been futile to list a 50 pack on my site. So what is everyone so afraid of? Like i said, this isnt even about wether im good or bad for he forum, this has turned into "do you like tyler or not" poll, wich is completely irrelevent to it's original purose.

I can believe the bandwidth you all waste trying to attack me, how many times are you guys gunna try, you tried 3 or 4 times now, each time i came out on top because i turned out to be... right each time. falsly put under attack because of a VERBAL issue. not very mature.
And not a good way to start your way on LPF crazy jay, you've basicly instantly made a NON-associate (me) by doing this. i expect you to avoid me given your stance and opinion on me.

Ultimately C0ld will descide in the end.

Dark

IDK... I've been following this since this morning....

I'm not taking any sides in this... just stating some facts as I see them...

This whole thing started because Dark_Horse needed to post his views
about Dark Laser's web site looking too much like his own... before
even contacting Tyler to ask why...
He automatically assumed it was done maliciously by Tyler..

It was clearly shown in the first few posts that the reason for that was
not Tyler's fault.. but the web site designer that admitted to his error...
and that it will be corrected... even Dark_Horse said he was satisfied..

That should have been enough of that Thread... problem solved..

But some members took that opportunity to accuse Tyler for all the other
wrongs he may or may not have done (I wasn't there... I don't know
anything for a fact) which had absolutely nothing to do with the issue
that Dark_Horse brought to light.

I agree... bragging about swapping out 8X diodes and returning DVD
burners is completely wrong and unacceptable... even if a few members
on that famous thread didn't think so..

As to shoddy Laser building practices... I seem to remember Jake21
building lasers that fell apart by just looking at them according to some
members that dealt with him... but he wasn't banned for that..

If I went out right now and shot someone.. then came here and bragged
to all of you about it... there is no way that c0ld would be held responsible
for my actions or what I posted...

No Joke... some of you guys sound a little like a lynch mob to me...

Just my
2c.gif

Jerry

My thoughts exactly, lynch mob. they get on me for one issue, it gets resolved, and other people use hat opportunity to attack me over past issues that did or didnt happen.

And i addmitted my wrong on the 8x thing, it only happend once, and i never did it again, and i DONT suport it, nor brag about it (i did in that one post months and months ago, but thats it)

and the lasers i built didnt fall apart at least lol. nothing i have EVER said on this forum could even get me CLOSE to a ban, Jerry is right.

again, this poll is a "do you like me or not?" poll, not what it should be. waste of time.

Dark

Last edited:
So vote on me if you like, this is truely dis-respectfull IMO crazy jay, i have done nothing to you, nor spoken to you, and you dont have a single fact of any forum abuse on me... why are you trying to start trouble?

Tyler the poll will decide how the majority feel about the whole situation. Don't you DARE say I have disrespected you. I refrained from Voting myself just for the fact of respect. Many members have messaged me saying it was needed so tuck in your pride and accept that I had the balls to finally put an end to this bickering. This poll is no danger to you if you honestly feel you have done more good than wrong.

This is a severe overreaction guys...that thread started by Slipstream was simple flamebait, slipstream wanted everyone to just onto the bandwagon because he couldn't handle a few swear words from Dark, and Dark probably has good reason to swear. From what I could make out from Slip's thread, he is a bit of a baby. And now everyone is overreacting on one issue because one person decided to make an issue being handled privately into a public one. This is just like a big media frenzy, everyone being brainwashed by an exaggeration.

Jerry

I agree 110% Jerry but not getting into that... :whistle:

This thread is a waste of time. As far as I'm concerned he has not done anything to make me feel compelled to press yes. I really couldn't care less about his apparent "illegal" or "immoral" actions in regards to the 8x drives. Has no affect on my life what so ever. What I will base my decision on is direct dealings from member to member, with Dark. Since I have not delt with him before, I am going from what I have heard/seen on the forum. I always have promoted his $10 laser build service and I don't think I will stop. FYI I highly doubt that the forum will be affected in any way by the actions of one member, no matter his status. The only way we could be affected is if people use the information that he has provided and follow suit. Meaning, its not so much the Shepard's fault, as it is the sheep for following.

Summing up, if you don't follow suit and resist jumping on the bandwagon, jumping the gun, coming along for the ride... ect you will be fine. Try distance your self if all else fails. By making a thread like this you really aren't doing anything else other then bringing attention to some one that should be distanced from (not an attack, just saying).

I feel you crazy jay have not had enough experience in this forum (not saying I have) to be making a thread like this. Dark has earnt his rep, just as others of this forum has. With out fully knowing what you are doing, you are actually discrediting each and every rep point he has rightfully gotten. If you were truly trying to bring about the greater good for the forum, PM's are there for a reason. This is not an attack on crazy or dark. I feel this has been blown out of proportion and the only other thing i can do, other then rant is to vote no, and I hope that you will see how stupid this all is and make your mind up, not from a bias, influenced or uninformed way. If you have never spoken to dark or have never heard of the "incidents" I personally don't think you should be voting!

With that all said... I feel a stern warning should be imposed. I'm not the one to do so, if c0ld or another member could do so I feel this would be the best option. [/rant]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.