Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ROUND 2 SOLD OUT!! - CHEAP 445nm (true-blue) diodes group buy

These group buys are CLOSED and I won't be doing any more at this time.

ALL ORDERS HAVE BEEN SHIPPED!

ROUND 3 is now a NEW THREAD!

As soon as this round's projector has been ordered I'll start on ROUND 3.

SAFETY WARNING: Since these are CLASS IV LASERS, goggles are REQUIRED, and GREAT CARE SHOULD BE EXERCISED AT ALL TIMES DURING OPERATION especially if you're using these in portable systems. These things will burn and blind INSTANTLY. No one here is liable for your actions if they result in injury to yourself or others.

A new source of high-powered 445nm laser diodes has been discovered. A new DLP projector contains 24 high-powered 445nm 5.6mm blue diodes. We should easily be able to do a group buy for these diodes at $50 each shipped in the US.. These are the exact same diodes that can be bought on ebay for >$400, and they are believed to be as much as 500mW. They are multimode, however, so beam specs will be a bit rough. Also, international shipping will cost a tad more, and will be handled on a case by case basis.

Please indicate interest here, if there is enough we can buy a projector and get these diodes burning.

2708-000-0039.jpg

Pic is from Casio Beamer

The projector has been ordered. I should have it by this weekend or early next week! Here's the tracking info: Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!.

Round 2

Total - 19 ALL GONE!!!!!

Crazy Jay - 1 - PAID Thanks!
Silvershot - 2 PAID Thanks!
FlaminPyro - 3 PAID Thanks!
RA Pierce - 1 PAID Thanks!
ViperX1101 - 1 PAID Thanks!
extelon - 2 PAID Thanks!
solonar - 1 PAID Thanks!
lasersbee - 1 - PAID Thanks!
Bionic Badger - 1 PAID Thanks!
Renno - 1 PAID Thanks!
Hemlock Mike - 2 PAID Thanks!
Jayrob - 1 - PAID Thanks!
villalaser - 1 - PAID Thanks!
Scopeguy20 - 1 PAID Thanks!

Thanks to those who have paid! We're getting there!!!

Anyone who wishes to send payment can do so, just paypal money to pgstl07@live.com. BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR LPF NAME SO I KNOW WHO HAS PAID. Unfortunately I can only accept paypal currently but I am looking into Google Checkout. Sorry Google people.. I'll update whenever I feel ready to begin accepting payments from there.

Last edited:

Re: ROUND 2 - CHEAP 445nm diodes group buy

Put me down for two even if I end up with one from the first buy ;)

Put me down for two even if I end up with one from the first buy ;)

Done! I do want to make sure you know that only the people listed in Round 1 will be participating in that round. If you're not on that list (unless you've worked something out with someone on that list) you're not involved in that round.

Last edited:

I definately want one if it will be around $50, but if the price gets to around $100...maybe.

Hmm...when will this one be shipped out? I might transfer my order to this one so that I have the required time to get funds, because that would have been an issue. That way I don't hold anybody up while trying to get money for it ;)

I'm really trying to keep the price at $50 for now. It's possible it could change, but I'm trying to keep it set.

Yay I'm first :D

Thanks EF for starting another one.

daguin

Hmm...when will this one be shipped out? I might transfer my order to this one so that I have the required time to get funds, because that would have been an issue. That way I don't hold anybody up while trying to get money for it ;)

You are in the first group. I told you I would hold your diode. I have already paid for the projector. You are not holding anyone else up. Gather your money. Yours will be waiting for you.

Peace,
dave

I will also have some diodes available, although I am not specifically taking orders for a group buy. I will just post them for sale like a normal sale thread once I have the diodes in my hands :)

^So you're not participating in round 2 Mario?

You are in the first group. I told you I would hold your diode. I have already paid for the projector. You are not holding anyone else up. Gather your money. Yours will be waiting for you.

Peace,
dave

Thanks, I just didn't want to be a burden.

We need 10 more diodes to be claimed before this GB can proceed. I know there have got to be some more people out there interested in high-powered 445nm diodes for $50 each..

Burnsy

I'm very interested... but don't set me up yet

We need 10 more diodes to be claimed before this GB can proceed. I know there have got to be some more people out there interested in high-powered 445nm diodes for $50 each..

Wow 38 diodes altogether

you might want to update the first post, make people nervous on missing out

^?? :thinking:

I'm showing 6 spoken for out of 24. I need 16 paid for before I buy the projector.. 16-6=10.. that's my mathematical take on things.