Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review: ARGLPM Ophir

I got the hard work done today ;) I just have to cut out areas for the control buttons and the ophir input. Then the lid should be easy it will get 4 screws holding the lid down and 4 holding the arduino in place. I am going to put it at an angle when it is all done it's just easier to work on it while it's flat! I was also considering adding on a little box for a 9v to sit in... what do you guys think? If you guys have any tips or ideas let me know!

BottomPart2_zpsa67ca730.jpg

ARG

nkBWMSw.jpg

Hope I can have it done when the case is done :)
One of the belt pulleys arrived cracked so a replacement is being sent, will have to wait a couple weeks for that.

I got the hard work done today ;) I just have to cut out areas for the control buttons and the ophir input. Then the lid should be easy it will get 4 screws holding the lid down and 4 holding the arduino in place. I am going to put it at an angle when it is all done it's just easier to work on it while it's flat! I was also considering adding on a little box for a 9v to sit in... what do you guys think? If you guys have any tips or ideas let me know!

BottomPart2_zpsa67ca730.jpg

Wow that's coming along great. I like the idea of a box for the 9v as long as its something you don't have to use because I also you a wall plug. As it would be like of the meter could stand straight up as well as lean back a little.

Andrew

nkBWMSw.jpg

Hope I can have it done when the case is done :)
One of the belt pulleys arrived cracked so a replacement is being sent, will have to wait a couple weeks for that.

Awesome you got it from Makerfarm. Colin is an awesome guy. If you have any problems at all he will help you all he can. I will try to get to the case tonight or tomorrow. I am printing out some parts for some guys at our makerspace for tomorrow night. They are building Prusa's and some how I got suckered into printing their parts for them. :) It's all good.

ARG

Awesome you got it from Makerfarm. Colin is an awesome guy. If you have any problems at all he will help you all he can. I will try to get to the case tonight or tomorrow. I am printing out some parts for some guys at our makerspace for tomorrow night. They are building Prusa's and some how I got suckered into printing their parts for them. :) It's all good.

Yup, Colin answered all of my questions. :)

The printer is pretty much done just waiting on a belt pulley because one arrived cracked :(

Last edited:
Yup, Colin answered all of my questions. :)

The printer is pretty much done just waiting on a belt pulley because one arrived cracked :(

Which pulley is it? I am sure they are actually all the same but I just want to make sure. I could print you a temporary one and send it to ya.

Rusty

ARG

I've already got a replacement one coming to me via priority from Colin, but thanks for the offer :)

Sure, not a problem. Here are some extruder drive gears I am printing for the group tomorrow.
7831-img-1204.jpg

ARG these cases are going to be SWEET!!!!! i cant wait to see what you can turn out with that printer! getting even more excited for my LPM now

Reactions: ARG
For the first go around, not to bad. I know it's tempting to make this thing look cool but the overhang is very difficult to print properly without fill or support material. This print took a little over 2 hours and still, as far as printing goes is extremely rough. The size needs to be expanded just a bit as you can see in the pictures with the arduino laid on top. It does not fit down into the cavity but the screw mounts look like they are in the right place.

I would say all in all a success for the first print. I have a couple ideas up my sleeve and in fact printing an enclosure back at the moment and we will see how that turns out.

7832-img-1206.jpg

7833-img-1207.jpg

7834-img-1208.jpg

That came out great for the first go around! What about a little sanding would that give you that perfect fit? Because a little touch up work to clean it up wouldn't be that big of a deal!

No sanding would not be an option. It needs to be a little larger but again the overhang is real tough to get to come our nice so I would say a box structure at this point would be best.

No sanding would not be an option. It needs to be a little larger but again the overhang is real tough to get to come our nice so I would say a box structure at this point would be best.

Tonight I will fix the size issue. Also I will make it more box like..... I did the over hang for easy port access but I'll figure something out. This looks great I really appreciate you spending time and money to help me figure everything out.

Did you see if the top board looks like it has enough room. Also should I make the screw holes bigger. If you don't mind trying to install a small screw to make sure it doesn't crack.

Thanks again and we need to give you some +'s

Tonight I will fix the size issue. Also I will make it more box like..... I did the over hang for easy port access but I'll figure something out. This looks great I really appreciate you spending time and money to help me figure everything out.

Did you see if the top board looks like it has enough room. Also should I make the screw holes bigger. If you don't mind trying to install a small screw to make sure it doesn't crack.

Thanks again and we need to give you some +'s

Not a problem. Don't forget to make a slot to allow the wires from the sensor into the box and maybe make the cutouts for the power and usb just a little wider, not a whole lot but a little. Yeah I will have to go find some small screws, how about just some nubs a little smaller than the holes in the boards, maybe hmmmm say 5mm tall and about 2 to 2-1/2 mm in diameter? It wouldn't really be screwed down but with the top on if it's snug it would be fine I bet. Another idea you might put slots on the sides as well just for airflow. The slots I am thinking about are about 4mm wide or so. Anyway just a few ideas I am kicking around.

ARG

Wow that case is awesome! Glad to see it's working out! :) Out of curiosity how much does it weigh RBC?

+ to both of you again when I can.