I figured out how to make a cutout instead of argmeter sticking out the side. It should help with vents and with glow that the side of the LCD gives off it should look pretty cool Hopefully all i have left to do is the top which is going to either be a pain or really easy lol
Also I wanted to know if everyone will want the final case to set the meter at an angle for easier viewing and if they want it to be done by adding a leg or make the whole base at an angle. You can see the two options in great detail in the picture below :beer:
Glad my 600th post can be about the ARGMeter :beer:
I think if you can design something removable that would be best. i don't think always having the case at an angle would be ideal, at least not to me. personally if the only option was a flat case or one with a permanent angle, id get the flat one and find something to prop it at an angle. im tired ATM so i cant think of a good option or example but if i think of something before you i will post it here.
As i said to ARG, i think this whole open source project is absolutely amazing! Peregrine and the ARGMeter are amazing works of passion. Without members like Trevor, ARG, mhemling33, awillis and rbc (sorry if i didn't mention you and you have helped) these projects would be nothing. Even Mrcrouse for making Ophir heat sinks. It is truly amazing to see what this community is capable of accomplishing. Keep designing and creating new innovative projects for laser enthusiasts! Great job everyone!!!!!
Pics of the print. We certainly are making progress. This was a print before Marc added the letters. I have a little warping issue but I can deal with that. There are a few more tweeks that I think need to be done but I think I can handle those with my limited cad work. Once I do I will send the file back to Marc. I think we are ready to start the lid for the thing though so we could start that . Anyway here are the pics.
Oh yeah I think I figured it's about $1.50 depending on the cost of the spool of filament. That is one reason these printers are so awesome for prototype work. I think we could even reduce this by probably half by thinning up the walls but let's get the design done then we can think about tweeking it for cost and printing time. Right now the print as it sets takes about 2 hours to print, so I would like to get that down if I can but again, we can work on efficiencies once we get the basic design done. Also as far as these printers go, I believe they accelerate the prototyping a lot. I mean a few years ago we would be sitting here cutting out plastic and gluing it together or a wood case or something. These printers are awesome for DIY work and prototyping.
Dang, sorry. It's good filament too. I have tried one spool. That is the problem with getting it directly from China. You might get a good spool one day and the next it's crap. I think I will order a few more from this guy and see if it's consistent. Otherwise I order most of mine from Amazon and thinking of getting some from Makerfarm as well.