Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review: ARGLPM Ophir

Nice :) I'm looking forward to seeing more use of 3d printing. The nylon sounds promising. I have a piece from shapeways and I'm really impressed by the tolerances. Printing your own bearings would be great. 3d printer is put on hold til I get a laser built :)

ARG

GFoc1yh.jpg

Some of my prints :) Battery holder, coaster, cubes, and a couple of Arduino bumpers (to prevent them from shorting) the one on the bottom didn't turn out right :p

I'm printing some replacement parts for the print at the moment, should anything break. Then it's onto LPM cases.

:drool: nice work ARG!!!! Should make some 18650/16340 battery holders and sell them here. i bet members would buy them

ARG

18650 holders can be found on ebay for 1$, cheaper than printing and better quality :p I can make 16340 holders if anyone needs them.

Looks good mhemling :D The G could also use some support at the bottom as the bottom of it will be printed in the air as well.

Last edited:
Ahhh good call I had to think about what you were taking about buy then I remember it is getting printed not stamped ;) I'll fix it in the tomorrow !

This is some great team work going on here with everyone! Its been enjoyable for me.

ARG

Modified your design a bit mhemling, tried extruded text instead of cutouts.
McaL61Q.png

Turned out pretty nicely. The rest of the case was pretty bad so I don't want to show it :p (because of my printer, not because of the design ;))
BDbHnfF.jpg

ARG

I like it I hope it was not my design lol. What caused it not to be good.

It was definitely the printing, the plastic was warping and that caused cracks in the corners. I'm still calibrating the printer, so things like that will happen :p
I think a higher bed temperature and lower nozzle temperature will help.

So does the case color come based of the material that the machine feeds it?

Yup, there's grey (what I have), black, red, green, yellow, white, GITD green, GITD blue and probably some others I don't know off the top of my head.
Some printers have dual nozzles so it can print in two colors.

Last edited:
I have red filament on my printer now and trying out a different slicing program. I will try to get a new one printed tonigh.

so when might I be able to get one of these?? I think the teasing has gone on long enough.

ill wait until they are perfect and you have more time to work the kinks out. i have something else i want you to make or try for me that goes perfect with this case :) mentioned it in a previous PM