Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PL520 Diodes - What Host Will YOU Use?

I'm going real small, I'll buy a diode for myself after we get the results from the GB ones.

I would show you what host I'm going to be using but it's a custom lathed one I'm purpose building for this, fixed focus :)
I'm aiming to get a 50mW green laser in the smallest space possible, still debating on if I should use CR2's or AAA or 10440. I would go even smaller but I want to have a decent amount of time before I have to recharge.

Go to 1:07 and check out this small little red I got from daguin, I think it will be harder to go smaller then this and it is focusable ;)

Why would you want something small? With something big and hunky, this thing should have no duty cycle ^_^

Why would you want something small? With something big and hunky, this thing should have no duty cycle ^_^

Well as you can imagine I don't think he was worried about duty cycle when building this. I bought it from his recent sale and didn't realize how small it actually was but I love it. You are good with a 30sec cycle plus the batteries are so small they look like fake mini relics. How many 250mw reds are there out there that are smaller then your pinky and can even be adjusted for burning! Up until a couple of weeks ago this was my most powerful red! So to sum it up I didn't build it and I don't know exactly why daguin did it but i love it and thats all that matters lol

Last edited:

IsaacT

I think for the 520nm diodes we aren't too worried about Duty Cycles....well, I am not anyway. At only 200mA I don't think it will heat up too terribly much.

ARG

I think for the 520nm diodes we aren't too worried about Duty Cycles....well, I am not anyway. At only 200mA I don't think it will heat up too terribly much.

They take 8V though.

8V*200mA - 0.05W = 1.55W heat + driver heat.
(for reference a 445nm diode at 1A is about double that)

Fiddy

Will be using the RL-118 Stainless steel with a copper heatsink and module, jayrob knurled focus adapter.

p1015234.jpg

Last edited:

IsaacT

Danefex, what host is that?! that looks magnificent! I feel like I am going to start spending more on hosts than lasers lol.

My 3 yr old daughter loves MLP, I'm ashamed to admit I know all their names & personalities after watching months of it on TV with her :crackup:

:beer: