Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pioneer 8X Blu-Ray-- BDR-203

How do you actually identify the diodes, when you've got a sled in front of you and no idea of what each diode is? I'm guessing it's either the size or shape of the diodes, the pin configuration, or the colours of the optics near it? Anyone want to enlighten me? ;)

daguin

pseudolobster said:
Any markings on the violet diode?

There is a small, black, "square bar code" (what are those things called?) on the rear of the diode.  It is smaller and different than the one on the 6X diode.   Plus it doesn't have any of the green color.  There are no other markings on the diode.

charlie bruce said:
How do you actually identify the diodes, when you've got a sled in front of you and no idea of what each diode is? I'm guessing it's either the size or shape of the diodes, the pin configuration, or the colours of the optics near it? Anyone want to enlighten me?  ;)

Are you asking about how to tell the violet from the red from the IR, or how to tell what violet diode it is (i.e. 6X vs. PHR)?

Peace,
dave

dave i know everyone is asking but you done any 405nm power testing yet?

i have an interesting project coming up that i could use a high powered 405nm diode for.

andy

daguin said:
[quote author=Rangedunits link=1236464366/0#6 date=1236468950]I knew it! Will you return when broken?  ::)

Nahhhh!  I gotz da peeciz in da closet in case we needz em

The_Muffin_Man said:
what are your plans for this diode?   :-? I'm curious :D

It will be a high powered laser (if I don't destroy it).

Spyderz20x6 said:
Sweetnes!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

So, you can just break the 8x diodes heatsink like you would a PHR?
BTW, where did you get it?
Can i have a link?

Ooops!  Sorry.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=310122380880

Yes.  It is even thinner than the PhR heat sink.  I broke it with my small cutters in my office.  I use full size dykes on the PHR's.

Peace,
dave[/quote]
ouch.....the price tag of that thing almost burnt my retinas :-[..........

daguin

Mohrenberg said:
ouch.....the price tag of that thing almost burnt my retinas :-[..........

That's because you never had to pay $385 for the "new" 6X blu-ray burners ;)

My weekend is pretty full. I'm just dropping by here from time-to-time between "Honey do's" and scheduled outings. It will probably be Tuesday before I can get to this

Peace,
dave

Awesome Dave! good luck with powering up that bad boy. I'll be checking this thread to see your results :)

-Kendall

Boy I'm Glad we have Dave-Kenom-Hemlock Mike -Igor-they are always setting the path for my sickness aka laser Addiction

hey why is there crap on my nose :-? :p :-/ ;D ;D ;D

I think you need to send one to me...  You know how good I am at destructive testing.... *evil genius laugh*

BTW... what ever happened to the original "6x club" haha... I think all of us killed at least one...we know how it REALLY feels to lose a pricey diode.... :p

daguin

GooeyGus said:
I think you need to send one to me...  You know how good I am at destructive testing.... *evil genius laugh*
BTW... what ever happened to the original "6x club" haha... I think all of us killed at least one...we know how it REALLY feels to lose a pricey diode....  :p

I heard that you had reached the "toy saturation" point, and thus were gong to have to wait on acquiring any new toys until you broke one. :D

The 6X club has grown. I've inducted about 20 people into the club in the last month all by myself ;) IgorT has just begun to induct hobbyists into the club. :eek:

I guess I'll have to start the 8X club ;)

It wouldn't do to simply be one of the faceless masses, now would it? :cool:

Peace,
dave

Dave --

Please don't start an 8x club .... go to the 12x ;D Beat the rush ;D

Mike

daguin

Spyderz20x6 said:
What would REALLY suck is if it were the same diode as the 6x :-/

Well, as I said above, the mark on the rear of this is different than the marking on the rear of the 6X.

We shall see . . . . .

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
[quote author=Spyderz20x6 link=1236464366/16#29 date=1236566104]What would REALLY suck is if it were the same diode as the 6x :-/

Well, as I said above, the mark on the rear of this is different than the marking on the rear of the 6X.

We shall see . . . . .

Peace,
dave[/quote]
I think the marking is the manufacturer's way of identifying when and where the diode was made.
I think it may be different for each diode...