Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

It might be demand. I think these diodes are only attractive to projector manufacturers. I can't see the appeal to use these for a pointer as the beams are not even close to parallel. You could use 2 or 3 lower output diodes at less expense to get a better effect.

594 HeNe - Complete.

Not a bad deal on this, if anyone is interested, Junktronix. Although it is low power - it is a complete setup.

Next closest one is over double the price.

It flagged on one of my search parameters, so I thought I'd post it :)

wow this thread has more than 4600 posts!!
The OP must be brilliant.

Pop up deal-- buyer has stopped replying after saying
'I will take it'

I sweetened the deal way too much but needed to sell asap.
SO>>>
It's now back up for sale.
Brand new --w/ full JL warranty--
900-1W 520 PL-E Pro
black host--- comes in a 'hard case' with 8 batteries (good/tested 'pulls')
Charger- nylon camo holster w/ lanyard- two keys.
Lens cloth.$ 320 shipped to CONUS (only)
PPal as F&F
add $95 if you want a BE that fits & is made by JL.
it is NOT black so not matching exactly.
Its a sliver grey color.. looks fine to me .
With the laser AND BE its a tad TOO long for this holster.
FULL specs on this at jl.org/520nm Pl-E Pro

DTR

Yeah, the $150 price should have been the tell here. No one sells these for that price new.

The math rarely lies. Looks like a drop ship seller that set up shop on ebay. If so they probably don't know much about what they are selling and might be unknowingly selling used as new. Quick look at their store and I see lots of copy paste errors, mismatched specs and pictures. Just on the first page I see one of my photos on the listings for a different diode. Usual fake datasheets, part numbers that denote an "engineering samples" The most telling that they may not be familiar with the business is that most sellers and suppliers know not to list this anyplace outside of China.
https://www.ebay.com/itm//312409075281

This diode caused quite a stir as it not only fake documentation but was of very poor quality not meeting the made up specs being provided with it. Many people contacting N!ch!a about the issues or complaints about it. The result was a very aggressive campaign anywhere it was possible to leverage their trademark rights. The real issue with this one was it was not just unauthentic documentation but the poor quality of this device was poorly reflecting on the image of the company and was not even a product they manufacturer. For obvious reasons not much they could do about entities or listings in China so for those all they could do was issue this press statement warning people about them.

If they had been around during that they would know this could get them kicked off ebay. You can get these diodes from most the established sellers on ebay but only with direct sales. They will not risk their accounts by listing them there.

On that block being used yes go back to the money making sense. Harvesting from new projectors is pretty much done with the exception of two diodes from product lines that are near the end of their life cycle and threatened by lots of used projectors being dumped on the market. For example of a current gen projector which can get 5000 lumen from two NUBM08 blocks so try and find a new projector even if buying with the most amazing bulk discounts where the cost would justify the value you can get for parting them out compared to the wholesale price for a bulk of new blocks(clean pin no PCB). Is is not even close with the value of the parts being being many times lower. Right now best to assume anything that is tinned pin or has a PCB attached are pulled from used projectors with unknown hours on them which also starts causing issues with the overdrive currents that are commonly suggested and used. For instance a large dump of used NUBM06, NUBM08, and NUBM46-81 blocks pulled from organizational dumps when turning over their 2-4 year old projectors recently flooded the market. Right now listings are popping up with pricing under $150 for them and expect as more of them get out there and the end sellers start to compete with each other it might drive pries to sub $100 range. You will notice a lot for sale without taking measures to remove the QR codes or serials. If sourced new this would be an issue as they are tracked to find those abusing the no resell requirement to be eligible to purchase direct.

I have been collecting block serial numbers and if pulled myself from projectors attacking the manufacturer date to start to get an idea of how old the blocks are. I might start a thread for tracking these to help bring some more transparency to these units being offered for sale around without removing the numbers. I have found traking the block number and projector manufacturer date to be very linear so a graph could be made with lots of datpoints which can be useed to narrow down age of a block.

For an example if we are tracking NUBM08 as of a production run of projectors with these blocks on 4/2017 the NUBM08 blocks were up to 412973.

Last edited:

diachi

Looks like he's got a reserve on it for at least $200.00. That is ridiculous.

I'm sure he'll still find a buyer.

Someone took a bunch of those PL 530s that are $10, slapped them in an old B&W Tek head with a driver and sold them for hundreds of dollars, and they sold, even after I pointed out (quite publicly) that the cost was at least 10 times higher than the parts cost.

Being a binned diode will surely help getting it moving, people will pay extra for that.

Maybe a little extra if he binned some 486 or 487nm diodes but 494-495nm .......ehh
However that's just my opinion, is there something special about 494.9 ?
I thought 487-488 was what everyone really wanted, oh wait these are the old diodes he is selling.

GH04850B2G is the better diode that is typically 487-493 or there about, where as GH04955A2G is the older diode that won't do 488 and runs more around 495

So he's trying to get that high price for the older diode..........I suppose there's one born every minute or so they say.

Last edited:
My point is that I binned many of these diodes and did so for far less money than the $300.00 this guy is hoping to get.

diachi

My point is that I binned many of these diodes and did so for far less money than the $300.00 this guy is hoping to get.

I'm not sure where you're getting that $300 number? Buy it now price is $200, but bidding starts at $40 and there's no reserve.

kecked

You can bin a diode in like 10 sec. on a spec. heck if you have a known diode you can even match them off a grating sans spec

I actually responded to this thread just to get a notification next time.

I'm not sure where you're getting that $300 number? Buy it now price is $200, but bidding starts at $40 and there's no reserve.
Sorry. That was a typo. I remember working with singlemode laser to get him some high 495nm diodes as he was trying to get a high wavelength one to diffraction tune to ~498nm. It was an atomic transition wavelength he was trying to get. That was awhile ago now.

Look at that little weak driver, I bet it is a very low power 532 nm laser. Cheap stuff, I would believe 40 mw, and under 2 mRad isn't much to boast about, for a DPSS laser, that isn't very tight if near 2 mRad. Many small DPSS lasers are closer to 1.5 mRad, which would be OK, I'm guessing it is closer to that than 2 mRad.