Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

I would have if I had the money when it was posted. Hope it works for you :)

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

I actually spotted it when it was posted about an hour and a half after... But as no one seems to be doing anything with it I'll go ahead and grab it. I probably shouldn't I don't really have the money.... But I don't want it to disappear either :/

Last edited:

It is. But it's not a whitelight I don't think. The LICA is a custom one for microscopy iirc

The 643R-LICA-AO1 is multi line 457-647 nm apparently , assuming the LICA-AO1 are all the same , there was one in the UK a while back , the LICA BO2 is single line .

Last edited:

The 643R-LICA-AO1 is multi line 457-647 nm apparently , assuming the LICA-AO1 are all the same , there was one in the UK a while back , the LICA BO2 is single line .

I think most of them say that on them, but all the ones I've run don't give off full spectrum. though I do think they're meant to.

the B is a yellow only I think IIRC

455nm 28W Blue Laser Diode Bank | eBay
o_O
Looks like they beat Osram to the integrated diode block- doesn't show the back of it, but I highly doubt these have 8 seperate removable diodes in them. Also at the rated power, its 3.5W per diode, with a significantly higher wavelength. Maybe some odd characteristic of having a bunch of dies mounted on the same block? Who knows. Pretty cool either way.

Edit: Yep, look at the datasheet: "High safety structure for prevention of removing LD's."

Last edited:

rhd

Edit: Yep, look at the datasheet: "High safety structure for prevention of removing LD's."

Which is a fantastic theory ;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:

Those jerks! Safety my ass. Making them
harder to remove will never make them
safer. Even if they were welded in, there
is nothing to stop someone from powering up
the whole array. They are playing some
kind of game here, though I'm not sure
exactly what.

rhd

Go on...(via PM if need be)

It's not really anything super secret. Someone extracted a diode from an array and I bought it. It's a pain to work with because it's about 6.9mm in diameter and doesn't use a common diode form factor. However, the optics are integrated into the little unit you see, and do a "decent" job of collimating the beam without any further work required. Not quite as good a job as an adjustable lens, but certainly attractive output.

I had Eghemus all geared up to design me a host with a 6.9mm diameter instead of 12mm (because really all you'd need to do is stick this thing in there, without a model/lens). Then, a few minutes ago, I was testing some of the physical properties of this casing and ended up destroying it. So I no longer have the beautiful little guy. Now I have this:

broken.png

FYI the familiar looking gold diode structure you see is neither 9mm, nor 5.6mm, but somewhere in between, and the edges don't come out smooth. I'm attempting a repair job as we speak. It's going to involve arctic thermalling the underside of the gold circular extrusion to the inside of a hole of the same size drilled into a boring old 12mm module :(

Last edited:

Yes, but...whered you get it from, what was the price, etc...hence me saying PM