Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please sub

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

I spent 850 dollars for a 60 amp constant current lab power supply for my 808nm bar diodes

d00d, you're not looking hard enough.

I bought a used 0-7.5V 0-125A bench supply for $150 a few months ago. You can also modify used <$50 high current server SMPSUs to operate in constant current. Google knows how.

Re: PERMANENT THREAD: Ebay& other internet FINDS of interest- read all the OP please

Is this a deal? Jenoptik Jenlas D2 3 Watt 532nm Green Laser Head

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jenoptik-Je...ead-w-Heatsink-Tested-3W-6W-Max-/331134062405

I bought one from him by offering 1000 dollars, I have tested it off and on over a period of three days now and it works great. Puts out 3 watts at close to 19 amps and can be driven to 25 amps for more output. I've purchased two high power 532nm lasers from him and both work great, but one member recently received a Halfnote 2.5 watt laser head without anything in its chassis! No optics, no laser diode, nothing inside and the seller not offering to pay for return shipping so best to work that out with him before bidding.

d00d, you're not looking hard enough.

I bought a used 0-7.5V 0-125A bench supply for $150 a few months ago. You can also modify used <$50 high current server SMPSUs to operate in constant current. Google knows how.

The AC powered CC supplies can be found easy enough, for a price. I have two of those 0-7.5V 0-125 bench supplies too, found them a few months ago and also paid a lot less for them than my 0-20 volt 60 amp high current power supply, 200 each.

I had been looking for what this guy sells ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-24V-60A-l...SS-YAG-diode-stack-driver-808nm-/231357067035 ) for two purposes, for use with a high current power supply I already had and also, much more important to me and what a AC powered CC supply can't do without a inverter or generator, to run my lasers off of my trucks 12 volt battery out in the hills. This is what I couldn't find until his recent listing.

OK, I can't respond more in this thread on this subject, I had it explained to me this thread is for ebay "deals" and some don't consider it a deal.. I can understand, the price isn't cheap, just that it is hard to compare with any other seller when no one else makes one. I thought worth posting in the ebay thread, since that is where I found it.

I should have posted it in the DRIVER section, stupid is as stupid does.

Last edited:

rhd

A sub $200 125A bench PSU is exactly what DOES belong in this thread. Any links?

ARG

A sub $200 125A bench PSU is exactly what DOES belong in this thread. Any links?

They pop up on ebay every once in a while, but they are heavy and large which makes the shipping price to Canada not even worth it.

I think I bought the last two listed on ebay months ago, all I can find now close to them are these: Xantrex XFR 7 5 140 Variable Rackmount DC Power Supply 0 7 5V 0 140A B | eBay

The best deal I can find for a constant current power supply right now is this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sorensen-DCS40-25-DC-Power-Supply-0-40V-0-25A-1000W-TESTED-/321465476259 but it isn't uber high current, unfortunately. Offer him 160, he will probably take it, he often prices his stuff about 30-40 percent higher than what he will take with his buy it now's.

I bought a 2.5 watt 532nm Halfnote laser from him for more than 40 percent less than his asking price. Only thing is, they don't know much about lasers and when they say "tested" it means they drove them with enough current to see green light coming out, that's all, they don't have a LPM to know if they are putting out rated power or not. Regardless, I did get two good high power 532nm lasers from him.

Last edited:

My thoughts, too. It is a used diode and who knows how used.

Hmm. I wonder why they would switch to
462nm in a projector when 450nm is cheaper
per watt and probably works better because
of the shorter wavelength. Unless it's
from a new gene sequencer or something.

3Pig

Hmm. I wonder why they would switch to
462nm in a projector when 450nm is cheaper
per watt and probably works better because
of the shorter wavelength. Unless it's
from a new gene sequencer or something.

Higher visibility wavelength? I actually have no idea of the purpose of lasers in projectors.

Pretty cool though, can smash them at 2a+ without worrying much about your investment because you can get another one for a pretty low price.

That sure looks like a projector pull. Now if that green diode projector would finally be released...

rhd

That sure looks like a projector pull. Now if that green diode projector would finally be released...

It's a stock photo though, so don't read much into that.

I have a working theory. Without getting into it, the nutshell is that I think I DO NOT think these are NDB7675, but I DO think they are going to center at 455 to 460.

But, time will tell.

It's a stock photo though, so don't read much into that.

I have a working theory. Without getting into it, the nutshell is that I think I DO NOT think these are NDB7675, but I DO think they are going to center at 455 to 460.

But, time will tell.

Yea, I realize now its laserlands, not techhood. TH is uaually pretty accurate about what they sell, im not so sure about laserlands.