Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like is stocking 445nm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno. Tinypic url's are always .jpg :undecided: but try to save it and it's .jpg.gif lol :p

Technical side - files can have both an extension and a "MIME type" - in this image case, the file is:

MIME type: image/gif

even though the extension is sent as .jpg - hence the browser uses the GIF "handler" to display the image, not the JPG "handler". When downloading, some (all?) browsers will use the MIME type to decide what extension to save the file as - similarly, some download scripts can be ".php" files but still handled normally.

On topic, I think they're going to find it challenging to hit WL's price when you remember the accessories they include, and all companies will struggle to meet quality and power standards that we're used to on here. Personally, I adore the WL hosts, but they aren't worth the potential risks I feel I might be taking when buying from WL. As for the other Chinese companies, I haven't ever been blown away with their presentation - but what they offer certainly isn't bad.

Yeah but they won't be in that SPYDER III HOST, one of THE BEST LOOKING HOSTS on the market, IMHO !!!!

I agree that, that host looks awesome....

The host alone makes me wanna fork out the 200 bucks....

But I saw a youtube video of a green spyder III, and it was pretty damn big.... a lot bigger than the pictures make it look. I guess thats good for cooling, but I would have liked it a lot more if it was a bit smaller

EDIT: ok apparently its not THAT big.... I just watched another video that was more clear.

jbtm

Thats why I pulled out the caliper to image its size.

8.976 inches long
1.409 inches wide

Measurements pulled from WL mm to inches (google)

The size is what made me think it had 2X 18650s ;)

That's just a hair under 9". That's not too big. At least it's not as huge as a HERCULES!!

jbtm

I'm talking to Faona as we speak.

They heard of these diodes but didnt get to them yet because the price of the projectors was too much for their market. I linked them some images of these, and she said she'll give the info to their engineer teems....So..Who knows. If we want them to produce them, we need to point them in the direction..As from what it sounds like, they dont know much about these at all.

She also said they deal with multimode diodes all the time, and their team can usually get most any to TEM00 with a matter of time and study. She will let me know how the results come out, once they can get ahold of these. They have ideas now, to get these cheaper...So time will only tell!

Just happy to feed them the information so we can get some sites up on these, so people can pick from WL, Olike, and rayfoss.

Last edited:
Its always a GIF fellas...

Can't wait to see what O-like comes up with. I like the Spyder host... it looks deliciously evil :evil:

O-like has been good to me so i think i'll like what they come up with, but i still gotta
get WLs 445nm just cause i love their host!

Then again, not everybody wants 1W of 445nm.

Personally, I'm waiting for a 50mW handheld or pen. Not some monstrosity of a diode in a lightsabre housing.

VERGiL

Yeah, a low powered 445nm would also do. I don't want to spend a $100 or more on a laser :D

If anyone has a nice offer to make me for a verry high powerd 445nm laser pointer just let me know.:D

@ Grix you said stocking, can you provide a link & price? I've been to the website & can't find them.

D

Deleted member 8382

What I really would like to see is a laser with a power regulator. If not an extern regulator, at least a pot that we can tweak.

buying a 50mW laser that has a diode capable of 1000 sounds weird. however, regulating the power to your needs sounds amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.