Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NUBM07E 465nm 2.9W Diode Test (Hitting 470nm+)

These are awesome and I have some on the way for testing but i am very concerned about selling diodes you have to rip the can off to use leaving the dye exposed. I may not carry them till I can find a source with a regular can on them like the NUBM44's compared to the NUBM41's.

Doesn't look like he is going to sell these.:cryyy:
I think I wouldn't mind decapitating the LD, Lazeerer said it was easy. (on Photonlexicon)

@Lazeerer, since you have one of these diodes and a LPM, do you measure any degrading?

Last edited:

We will both have these diodes available. Just takes time to get them in. If one cant wait then Overseas is an Option.:)

I mentioned i have several of the 41 diodes that are the same style as these for a month or 2 now and have not seen any issue with power degrading on those so iam pretty sure these are the same.

Degrading will not be something short term as Ive had these diodes for nearly 2 months even this one i posted in this thread and have been messing with it since then. No signs of it slowing down. So if it would have happened i would have seen something by now.

You are more then likely going to get power degrading First from running these harder above the recommend current just like most run diodes at then because of other things like some mystery back fill. My 0.02 cents.

I too prefer buying from DTR when I can and I will be getting 1 or 2 of these awesome wavelength diodes when available.
As for MTTF we do push them hard and even under perfect conditions they won't last forever.
I don't think running them open can is going to be an issue unless you have a show queen unit that hardly ever gets used and even then we have not seen any evidence that they degrade via oxygen exposure over time.

Last edited:
There is no reason anymore to fear that a secret gas is allowing these to survive. They will probably die due to the usual causes. However, we need to install them with every effort made to avoid initial contamination. I always use an ESD mat and bracelet when working with diodes. Now, we also need to look for potential sources for contamination and aggressively clean the workstation and the nearby environment prior to opening these. If there is a solid floor then wetting it for the operation really keeps down the dust. Washing your hands and even a fresh shirt is a good idea. The threads that hold the collimator should be cleaned and the lens run in ant out a couple of times with PTFE tape to pick up tiny particles and then inspect the housing with an intense light and a lens prior to the final assembly. The lens should only be removed under the same conditions and as few times as possible.

These lasers are unlike the last generation of diodes which had more in common with the early harvested DVD burners. These are REAL lasers and the techniques familiar to laser technicians at universities and labs will need to be adopted by enthusiasts if they want them to survive. The same goes for safety. These lasers don't just threaten vision. They burn the skin and start fires.

You guys just let me know when you want my money. I want this diode more than any other right now. I would gladly take a little over 4 watts of this beautiful sky blue over a possible almost 7 watts of 445 from the NUBM44.

You guys just let me know when you want my money. I want this diode more than any other right now. I would gladly take a little over 4 watts of this beautiful sky blue over a possible almost 7 watts of 445 from the NUBM44.

Ditto

Put me down for one as well, I'm going to wait as long as I can stand because it takes weeks to get one from china, but my trigger finger is getting mighty itchy. Actually if anyone wants to split a whole block of 8 I could be interested.

I'd be all for that but we would need someone to do the extraction. I don't have the proper tools and experience to do it personally.

I'd be all for that but we would need someone to do the extraction. I don't have the proper tools and experience to do it personally.

I know I could make cuts in the block and break it apart just from the pics I've seen, or saw it into 4 pieces, but there will be a learning curve involved in getting the diodes separated from the backing. ( Without destroying them )
What we need is someone with a femtosecond laser LOL
I have the feeling they will be for sale through our favorite domestic suppliers soon but I keep looking at flebay and my trigger finger is getting itchy.

Last edited:

Put me down for one as well.
If 3 other people wanted to split a block I would take 2.

Nichia NUBM07E 465nm 3 5W Blue Laser Diode Mount with Ball Lens TO5 9mm | eBay

Yes I have seen that listing but the delivery date is Aug 26th to Sept 29th
That's as much as almost 8 weeks.
I see a dozen different sites from tractor supply to industrial laser supply that all link back to that add.
I have messaged him about express shipping.
I'm not trying to put the cart before the horse but if express shipping is available then maybe we could do a group buy?
Then again lazeerer did just say: { We will both have these diodes available. Just takes time to get them in. }

Last edited:
Nichia NUBM07E 465nm 3 5W Blue Laser Diode Mount with Ball Lens TO5 9mm | eBay
I bought mine over two weeks ago and its not shipped yet.

Last edited:
I bought mine over two weeks ago and its not shipped yet.

This is only part of the reason I am waiting to purchase this from one of our trusted sellers here. I want this diode very much, but I am not willing to take what I believe is a pretty big risk on $130+. Keep us updated with your purchase.