Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NUBM07E 465nm 2.9W Diode Test (Hitting 470nm+)

That one is listed as TEM00, whereas the NUBM07E is listed as multi-modal.

Yea that's not the right sheet. I just glanced at 3500mw and 465nm.
It's probably the same diode. I'm looking it up now.
NUBM05T is a 455nm diode/array 3800mw each or a 30w block of 8
NUBM07E is this threads 465nm-470+
NUBM057T ? TechHood has his info all fkd up because I will buy a dozen of anything visible that's 1.5mm beam dia. and 1.5 mrad for 140 bucks if it's putting out 3500mw, but we know that's just a one size fits all sheet they use for everything.
I suppose I will have to message him and find out what he has.
Hopefully he has 465nm 07E and not 455nm 05T

UPDATE:
I emailed him as follows with his reply:

My message to TechHood

You have a laser diode with the ball lens listed as 465nm and 3500mw pulled from a NUBM057T array.

I know the NUBM05T 445nm diode and the NUBM07E 465nm diode but I don't know of the NUBM057T

Is this the 455nm or the 465nm diode?

Is this the same as the NUBM07E?

Also your spec sheet says TEM00 and 1.5 beam dia. and 1.5 mrad, I know that's not correct.

Is this a 455nm diode or a 465nm diode?

Thank you.

His reply

LaserTechhood

11:47 PM

to me

Hello,
We only have array of NUBM07E but no NUBM057T.
Please let us know where yo got the the data sheet of TEM00...?
Thanks,

Ringo

My reply

Your E-bay advertisement for an extracted NUBM057T is wrong.

Please fix it so we know what you are selling.

Is it a NUBM05T or a NUBM07E

IS THIS A 3500mw 465nm diode or not?

Your spec sheet says TEM00 and 1.5mm beam diameter and 1.5 mrad

THIS IS WRONG!

Please fix your advertisement so we know what you are selling.

Thank you

Last edited:
Yea that's not the right sheet. I just glanced at 3500mw and 465nm.
It's probably the same diode. I'm looking it up now.
NUBM05T is a 455nm diode/array 3800mw each or a 30w block of 8
NUBM07E is this threads 465nm-470+
NUBM057T ? TechHood has his info all fkd up because I will buy a dozen of anything visible that's 1.5mm beam dia. and 1.5 mrad for 140 bucks if it's putting out 3500mw, but we know that's just a one size fits all sheet they use for everything.
I suppose I will have to message him and find out what he has.
Hopefully he has 465nm 07E and not 455nm 05T

UPDATE:
I emailed him as follows with his reply:

My message to TechHood

You have a laser diode with the ball lens listed as 465nm and 3500mw pulled from a NUBM057T array.

I know the NUBM05T 445nm diode and the NUBM07E 465nm diode but I don't know of the NUBM057T

Is this the 455nm or the 465nm diode?

Is this the same as the NUBM07E?

Also your spec sheet says TEM00 and 1.5 beam dia. and 1.5 mrad, I know that's not correct.

Is this a 455nm diode or a 465nm diode?

Thank you.

His reply

LaserTechhood

11:47 PM

to me

Hello,
We only have array of NUBM07E but no NUBM057T.
Please let us know where yo got the the data sheet of TEM00...?
Thanks,

Ringo

Lol umm...from your listing, dude. Haha. These sellers are starting to make me think they're all super sketches.

Yea, I don't know. Techhood has been around for a while, but it's like he's possibly intentionally trying to mix up 3 different things so they can send you a NUBM05T because they cost 600 a brick where as the 07E cost 1000 a brick.
But maybe they just messed up their ad.
What I hate is how they speak pretty good English when they want something and confused broken chickenhole when you try to pin them down on something.
p.s. I have bought from TechHood in the past and I don't remember ever being cheated, but when we start getting over 100 bucks I like to be sure.
Hopefully our guys will have them up for sale pretty soon, anything close to that argon color becons me.

UPDATE: Anyone else check DTR's page today? :) :) :)

Last edited:

Pman

Yeah, saw it & did you notice the "8" more diodes awaiting testing;) Hold onto your hats:)

Last edited:
Yea, I don't know. Techhood has been around for a while, but it's like he's possibly intentionally trying to mix up 3 different things so they can send you a NUBM05T because they cost 600 a brick where as the 07E cost 1000 a brick.
But maybe they just messed up their ad.
What I hate is how they speak pretty good English when they want something and confused broken chickenhole when you try to pin them down on something.
p.s. I have bought from TechHood in the past and I don't remember ever being cheated, but when we start getting over 100 bucks I like to be sure.
Hopefully our guys will have them up for sale pretty soon, anything close to that argon color becons me.

UPDATE: Anyone else check DTR's page today? :) :) :)

Yep. Ordered one yesterday! I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve right now. Lol.

I think I will cannibalize my "old" Cypreus II XL 462 nm 1.7W 24k Gold Plated to put inside this beast :na:

Last edited:

DTR

Good news I will be able to have a good option with the driver in the back of the module. Just built one and with the new SXD it ran set to 3.5A for 120 seconds before the temp sensor in the driver went off. I will also have an option with the driver external for those that want to push the driver harder or sink the driver for longer duty cycles but this also means a 510 threaded 22mm module will be available.:beer:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Good news I will be able to have a good option with the driver in the back of the module. Just built one and with the new SXD it ran set to 3.5A for 120 seconds before the temp sensor in the driver went off. I will also have an option with the driver external for those that want to push the driver harder or sink the driver for longer duty cycles but this also means a 510 threaded 22mm module will be available.:beer:

You are the man. How much power do you recommend for your 22mm 510 threaded heatsinks? To keep the run time above, say, 30 seconds or so? I know there are many variables, but just a ballpark estimate? Would they work with this diode at 4 to 4.5 watts and still keep a 30 seconds or more duty cycle?

Last edited:

DTR

Just put one together in a 22mm 510 threaded module with a three element lens and yea 30 seconds is doable. It does get pretty warm but not a problem. Not anywhere near as warm as the arrays get running in the projectors continuously.:eg:

7Jq9gJ.jpg

Last edited:
I dont know where to start with the diodes that we have tested and experimented with over the Last 12 months, we have come along way
This diode is CURRENTLY at the top of my list, who knows what will come out in the next month though..

Thankz LPF,

Just put one together in a 22mm 510 threaded module with a three element lens and yea 30 seconds is doable. It does get pretty warm but not a problem. Not anywhere near as warm as the arrays get running in the projectors continuously.:eg:

7Jq9gJ.jpg

Awesome. So does that still have the ball lens on it? Did we officially end up deciding that we can work just fine with the ball lens and our normal lenses?

Is it possible to be in love with a laser diode? :yabbem:

Right? I never even ordered an NUBM44 for myself. I ordered this one the moment it hit DTR's store. I'm considering ordering another right now. Lol.

DTR

Awesome. So does that still have the ball lens on it? Did we officially end up deciding that we can work just fine with the ball lens and our normal lenses?

No I ditched it for this build. More splash out of the ball lens plus I went with the three element lens for a smaller spot. The focus is not terrible on the ball lens but not perfect either and not adjustable.

Last edited: