Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Blu-Ray 8X laser Saved My Ass!!!

I had a similar situation with a passenger in the car that at the time seemed drunk.

I had my kid in the Jeep so right there I'm not playing any games, well these folks were in the fast lane in a smaller car and it was listing to the passenger side (the man was huge) I'm assuming they thought I had on my brights when indeed I DID NOT.

After being flicked off and cussed at I happen to catch the next red light, I was thinking of running that sucker when this car pulls up and sure enough this hulk of a man (picture Grizzly Adams on steroids) starts spitting on my ride and coming toward my Jeep... at this point my son is saying "DAD", "DAD". I pull my gun
bag... remember in FL if there is a forcible felony law and if one is taking place you have the right to defend yourself, anyways with out going into state gun laws I pulled my rayfoss waterproof 100mW 532nm out and put a dot on his head he put his hands up like he was getting arrested or something. That is when I made my escape and thank God it did not progress any further. jander6442

Good topic!

lol i just woke up and when i saw it i thought it said "shaved my ass"... i was like WTF? :D

Xer0

Oh gosh. I wish i would had lasers when i was 13 :D in those days some guys tried to rip me at night and pulled a folding knife. to my luck it was short before newyear so i was carrying around my fat turbo butane lighter thing with long blue flame. that scared them off long enough to seek cover in a near shop ;)

Nice. However the 45 would have sent a pants sh*tting message and probably would have changed this guy's behavior for life.

Yea! never pull a laser unless you have something bigger behind it. I do NOT condone violence, but you have to do what you have to do sometimes.

Asherz

Ha epic story, still should've hit the guy, zip tied is legs to his hands and left him on the bonnet of his car :p (if you have zip ties handy of course)

Nice. However the 45 would have sent a pants sh*tting message and probably would have changed this guy's behavior for life.

Initially I thought he was going to pull a firearm out so I reached for mine,
but when I saw that he didn't have a gun I felt that there was no need to brandish my firearm for a few reasons, First there were alot of innocent people around, second with my military training I felt this tiny little man did not pose no immediate threat to fear for my life, So now my thoughts were about just getting the bat away so me or my car don't take a hit. Shining the laser at his face worked better then I thought it would, I thought I would shine it at his face and then while he was temporarily disoriented I was going to charge him and disarm him of the bat, but it turned out better then that!!!

-Sarge

dieselmarine;

Defocused Green lasers are being used to incapacitate people temporarily with good results,
and without damage.

The high intensity beam flash takes out vision for a minute or so.

LarryDFW

dieselmarine;

Defocused Green lasers are being used to incapacitate people temporarily with good results,
and without damage.

The high intensity beam flash takes out vision for a minute or so.

LarryDFW

I know Larry I used such a laser in Iraq, It's basically a green laser designator, but military spec, they work so well that the mirror trying to engage us... gets hit by one they don't know what to do mostly they surrender or try to flee! That what gave me the idea to use my 8x for protection !!!!!

Attachments

• laser designator.jpg
    laser designator.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 175

Asherz

Just out of curiosity, can you get any long term damage from shining a heavily de-focused 110mW PHR at someone... or your self?

Its because of people like you, that get lasers banned and all.
He can sue you for loss of vision

You can replace an arm, and leg. but not eyes.

Btw, i almost got hit by a taxi last night.. i had a p7 and flashed him and made a bump on his cars..

You had a firearm, use it!

ZRTMWA

Btw, i almost got hit by a taxi last night.. i had a p7 and flashed him and made a bump on his cars..

Something tells me no-one is going to like this post.

and had he shot him, you would have said.
it is because of people like you, that guns are trying to be outlawed.

so would you rather be temporarily blinded for an hour, or be shot in the face?

removed.

Asherz

You are such a waist of virtual space.

I'm waiting for Dave's

Don%27t+feed+the+troll.jpg

:D

Once I was out playing with my lasers (LEDshoppe 50 at the time) when some people started setting off some HUGE fireworks in the desert behind my house. BIG problem here in Nevada summer (fire) so I shined it at where they were setting them off, and they got spooked and left. lasers can be good :D
-D