Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I bet your Blue HotLights don't Look Like THis.;)

jakeGT

if i sent you a hotlights or two would you do this for me lazeerer?

Kenom

guys, I know that a dremel is "easier" but the heat associated with the spinning pad and the clay like rouge has a tendency to eat up the aluminum. If you leave it too long in one place, you'll actually end up melting the metal. I would like to recommend a wonderful product for polishing after you've gotten it down a little bit for getting a really good and quick high sheen polish.

05100-05101.jpg

I started with something like this
kryton2.jpg

and ended up with something like this in literally under 10 minutes.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3175365/DSC00079.JPG

Just to show you how effective this is at polishing, I took a hotlights I'm going to anodize for someone else, and polished it up for a grand total of 4 minutes and here is the result.

BEFORE:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3175365/BEfore.JPG

After:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3175365/After.JPG
pay attention ONLY to the head. I just put the stuff on a microfiber cloth, and spun the head in the cloth.

Last edited:
Ken You do bring up a good point. I have a jar of Mothers right in front of Me, and I use it for the final polishing. I don't let the aluminium get that hot with the dremel, because 1) it burns your fingers, and 2) it melts the rouge causing it to lose it's effectiveness as a abrasive.

My 1st Small Sun polished one is almost done, and there is nary a blemish on it. Damn but these cast hosts take forever to polish to a mirror finish. It will have a 12x doing 583mW stuffed into it now and not a 445. Lazeerer you really should try the jewelers rouge for the final buffing it's extremely fine stuff.

Kool. I use better stuff then that IMO.:)

Ryobi 4 oz. Plastic Rouge Buffing Compound H.

if i sent you a hotlights or two would you do this for me lazeerer?

PM sent.

LaZeRz

How much would you charge to make one for me like that
Looks so nice!

yup i use mothers as well.

Some ripped up old jeans and some of that rubbing compound works great...

that Mothers can also be used to buff scratches out of a CD.... (did it with my black ops cd)

Blord

That looks very shiny. :gj:
I wouldn't dare to touch it, leaving fingerprints on it.

Is there no safer way to de-anodizing it ?

The only other way that i know of is using High Heat. and Bringing it up slowly.

But i have not used this method and i do not know the exact way to do it. Sorry.

Sure did.

My dog had knocked over the xbox while i was playing it, so left an entire ring around the center of the disk.
It took me about 6 hours, but i buffed that scratch out by hand to the point i was able to copy the disk to the xbox hardrive.

Lazeerer I'd love to enlist your services as well, please let me know what your intersts/options/limits are... I assume you've got a few PMs ahead of me about this and I know this takes time & is all manual labor, so I'm in no hurry. BUT if a line is starting to form & you're taking numbers :eg: please add me.

I wonder if doing this to an S3 arctic (famous, or infamous?) would increase or devalue the unit (?)

:beer:

Last edited:
If Anyone is interested in Sending me their Hotlights to do I will know 100% for sure Next Week if i plain on making them at your Request.:)

The Reason for waiting till next week for an answer is because iam waiting for my Polisher wheel to come in the mail.

I want to make sure that it does just as good of a job as when i use my Dremel witch i think it will do Great.

Using a Dremel is good for doing personal ones but when you get to doing 5 to 10 host it wont happen and i wont be offering them if that is the case. I would just do a couple here and there for a few members if i have to use a Dremel.

This will Cut out alot of the time. So i can make it as cheap as possible for you guys.

These Host are not Perfect underneath the Anodizing. But like i said in the OP i can get them Pretty UN noticeable to the point where you Really have to look for it.;)

I will have 2 options:

I can De-Anodize the host and Polish it as shown in the Original Post.
or
I can just De-Anodize the Host and ship it to you Blank Unpolished. SO then you can Polish it yourself or just leave it like that UN finished.

I can Also Polish your Aixiz Module top half if you send that with the host and including the focus ring too.:beer: For FREE.:p
I still have to polish mine so i want to first see how it comes out before i give the OK on that. I will have it done tomorrow.

Last edited:
So did you find out? how much are you charging?

I let Stonetek know about this thread in case he wanted to offer them on his site as well.

Iam still waiting for my polish wheel to come in.:( It said 7 - 10 business days. Iam hoping by the end of this week i will have it.:)

Once it comes in and i do one i will let you know.:)

Sorry for the delay.