Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi laserfriends, I broke my foot.

Very sorry to hear of your mishap and best wishes for a speedy and successful recovery.

As an aside,, just what DO you use your feet for when building LASERs?

Follow your doctor's orders and get well soon, old friend. Das tut mir ser leid.

I feel for you... Luckily it is the winter
and you can stay inside...

BTW... I would put some Non Slip material under
your bandaged foot. That cloth wrapping and
Ceramic floor could be slippery enough to break
your other foot as well.
Now that would really suck...

Heal and get well soon..:beer:

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:

Pman

Sorry to hear that Blord. Fun for a day and then the novelty wears off.

Reminds me of a joke...
An agricultural salesman is visiting a farm with a view to flogging a new type of combine harvester. "No, sorry son," says the farmer, "my pig takes care of all the harvesting - I have no need for your fancy gizmo." "Could save you money in the long-term" tries the salesman. "No, your combine would never match my pig's productivity - you should see him go - swishing away with that scythe." The salesman is intrigued about this pig and asks to see the creature. The farmer leads the salesman to an enclosure. Standing within - tall and proud - is the most magnificent pig the salesman has ever seen. But the pig has got a wooden leg. "That sure is an impressive pig, sir, but why's he got a wooden leg?" asks the salesman. "This pig is more than 'impressive' mister - I'm sure he's unique! Do you know he can also drive the tractor!?" "Really? But why's he got a wooden leg?" "He drives our children to school and back!! - even helps them with their homework!!" "I'm impressed" admits the salesman, "but why the wooden leg?" "THIS PIG is also a leading authority on organic farming; thanks to him we've managed to branch out, and now our revenue is higher than that of any other farm in this county!! "Yeah, yeah!! You've got one hell of a pig - I can see that by just looking at him - but why does it have a wooden leg!?" Insists the salesman. "Did I mention the publishing deals? This pig's just written a best seller - we're going to be even richer now!!" "Amazing, truly amazing - but why the WOODEN LEG!!!!!!!!!!" The farmer looks admiringly at his pig and then turns to the salesman: Son, with a pig like this - you just DON'T eat him all at once."

Ouch!!! ..... I broke my right ankle ~25 years ago, didn't have to get any metal though. The cast was bad enough. The only advice I could add is.....don't try to do too much, too soon.

I'm also with laserbee on the slippery wrapping, maybe some wide rubber-bands around the wrap for traction :beer:

prJ1ACW.gif

I had something similar happen to me ~ 25yrs. ago. I didn't break anything but I tore about every ligament around my ankle. It was no picnic, so my sympathy to you. Hope ya heal up fast buddy.
rob

ouch, sucks man. on your down time you can dream up some new amazing lasers though. hope for a fast smooth recovery.

ARG

Ouch, that sounds painful, get well soon Blord!

Blord

Thanks all.

Right now I can't put any weight on my bandaged foot. The pain is too much. I am eating pain killer pills now.
I will put put some non slippery material underneath it when I can use my foot again.
Now it is hanging round like a third leg. ( not the other leg :) )

sinner

Oh man thats so sorry for your accident.. i hope you have a speedy recovery, i remember when my dad broke his ankle , well he fell off a quad bike.. and the surgeons drilled the bones and inserted the plates like they were some kind of metal fabricators.. He had his excersices started from 6th week, and pain started reducing.. All i can say is, this is one hell of a loss and the bones will recover to a 70-80% of the strength in about a years time.. Wish you good luck!

daguin

I feel for you
Been there: done that: Got the plate and the screws to prove it ;)
It's the same foot too :)

Mine happened in a cave in, in a mine I was digging in
I had to crawl out
It took many hours before someone came along to find me lying outside my truck with my leg up on a cooler
It was two more hours before they could get down the hill to call the paramedic and for the paramedics to get to me

You should have seen there faces when they saw a 300 pound man lying there :crackup:
The road up to the mine was so small,that the firetruck couldn't make it
It was only the two paramedics up there with me
Getting me onto the gurney was no problem
I could help with that
Getting the gurney up into the van however . . . . . .

After we were in the van, going down the hill, when I had a good load of morphine onboard, the paramedic told me that they were only going to try it once
If that failed, they were going to call for a helicopter :yabbem:

I got about 200 grams of really nice tourmaline crystals out of mine, though

I lectured for three months from a wheelchair

There is light at the end of the tunnel

Peace,
dave

hey sorry man take it easy.
Dont worry about my order till you are feeling better. WISH YOU A QUICK and good recovery

Last edited:
Aw crappy Blord! I too am sorry to hear about this.

If it makes you feel any better - I rolled my left ankle skateboarding about 6 yrs ago down a set of 8 stairs. After the break, my left foot was also turned inwards (re: rolled it good) & I thought they'd need to cut my foot off to clean up the mess. Years later it healed nicely & my ankle is healthy & normal as if it never happened :D I hope you have the same recovery, good luck! :beer:

Ouch Blord, Hope you get better soon :angel:
Having a broken foot must suck in not being to easily move around.