Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

GGW-H20L 6x Sled GB!!! THE EPIC GB THREAD LAWL!!!

Re: GGW-H20L 6x Sled GB!!! THE EPIC GB THREAD LAWL

Yeah, I say give up for the time being. I don't want to po-po on anyone's parade but we have to understand that 6X writers are still upwards of $250 so it's not so hard to imagine that just the sled alone is going to run us $120. This technology is still pretty new. The price hasn't even come down that much. DVD-rw's can be purchased for less than $20! When bluray burners reach less than $100 these things will pop up all over the place. Until then, I don't see anyone willing to let those sleds go for cheap!

AMK, you've done an awesome job trying to procure for us this amazing sled and I don't want you to think that your efforts are not appreciated. They are!! However, for the time being, I think that this should close and money's refunded until such time as a FOR SURE supplier can be located.

I think I might pull out in a few days if nothing happens :-/ if the sled isn't going to come for a long while then I may as well take this money and buy a few driver boards, aixiz modules, maybe a few hosts or a few phr 803t sleds....

maxkillz said:
I think I might pull out in a few days if nothing happens  :-/ if the sled isn't going to come for a long while then I may as well take this money and buy a few driver boards, aixiz modules, maybe a few hosts or a few phr 803t sleds....

This should not drag on while individuals get frustrated enough to drop out, one at a time, until it reaches the "tipping point." AMK should decide how long he will hold the money (based on our wishes) before a decision is made. It is not necessary to hold the cash in "ready." This can be used as a "feeler" thread. We now know that we can generate close to 100 purchases of this sled at around $55 dollars each. That information can be used to search for the sled. If he finds them at a higher price (i.e. $120 each) then he will need to do a new feeler anyway.

I think that the decision should be made VERY quickly about whether to refund or offer to switch over to the 4X and see who wants, how many of them. Hanging onto the cash while doing the search, is not acceptable to me.

Peace,
dave

I would have to agree with daguin, chopper, Kenom, and maxkillz, unfortunately :(

AMK, is there really any doubt the suppliers would contact YOU when they have the sleds? I have even had a supplier PM ME about PHR sleds, and I have never even done a group buy...

I think investing a bit of money in Igor's lenses, when they are ready, would be a good way improve performance in the interim. They would be needed to get the best power from the 6X's in any case ;)

It looks to me like it could be a long time before a supply of 6x sleds is available; actually it's been looking like that for a while, but I haven't said anything, not wanting to shake the GB unnecessarily. But maybe now is the time.

Now I see Kage has slipped in a post while I've been pecking this out...

But I definitely want to second Kenom's thoughts commending AMK's efforts... when this does work out to be a real buy, I think you should give yourself a bonus - charge us an extra $ or so per sled.
 :)
DanQ

this thread is an epic LAWL indeed

in your searches have you come across a lower priced 4x to match the other GBs? If so, I'm on favor of continuing this as a 4x.

I agree.... the 6x is just proving to be too elusive at this time.  I know you put a lot of time into this GB amk and should be commended for this.

Ted

Edit: This started out as a GB for 6x sleds. I am not interested in 4x sleds. I, as of late, have been finding my interest diminishing quickly in this hobby :-/ I realize GB's do not happen over nite, but when it takes months.... i lose interest quickly.

To anyone who used paypal for this GB and is now thinking they want to pull out, could I suggest that you wait to see what AMK comes up with in the way of a plan before you do anything. If everyone starts pulling out using a chargeback it will cause all sorts of problems for AMK and ourselves.

I for one will wait and see

Regards rog8811

I am also willing to wait a bit to see what happens.

On a side note what happens with the 3 percent charge that paypal gets with every purchase would that "disappear" or does it just get refunded?

It is a long time since I did a chargeback and I cannot remember exactly how it works with the fees, but what I do know is that if there are a number of chargebacks on one account Paypoo freeze everything and if causes all kinds of grief.

Regards rog8811

rog8811 said:
To anyone who used paypal for this GB and is now thinking they want to pull out, could I suggest that you wait to see what AMK comes up with in the way of a plan before you do anything.  If everyone starts pulling out using a chargeback it will cause all sorts of problems for AMK and ourselves.

I for one will wait and see

Regards rog8811

I would definately not want to cause amk and problems with PayPal, nor others that want to stay in this GB... I am more than willing to allow time to figure out pay back/refund.

Ted

EDIT: I would also be willing to absorb the PP fee from my refund. I think that with this many refunds, it would be way too much for AMK to take the total hit. I hope I'm not the only one that is willing to offer to cover the fees for our own transactions. :P

When the 'seller' gives a full refund with PayPal, all PayPal fees are refunded as well. PayPal will automatically do this.

Now, with multiple refunds, it may be a different story. I don't know... We definitely don't want to do a bunch of 'chargebacks' to Amk's account.

I will be waiting Amk, to see what happens with the batch 3 funds.
Jay

definitely, I will not take unilateral action to cancel - will wait for AMK to make the move.
I'd be ok with 4X if that's what's happening; but frankly right now would prefer the $$... but again, would take any PP fee hit myself.

DanQ

I am ok with a little wait, or a switch over to 4x diodes, pretty flexable here :)
BTW, I echo the thanks to AMK for trying to capture the elusive 6x, maybe this will still happen.

I can take one positive from this - your msn display picture is awesome!

I think we should have a vote, then maybe Amk could put a number next to everybody's name in the list on reply #3:

1. wait for 6x (who knows how LAWLLLOOONNNGGG!!!! :-/ :-/)  :P
2. convert to 4x (Still a good deal  ::) ::) :-/ )  8-)
3. refund  :o >:( :'(

And let majority rule.  

I personally would say wait, but not knowing how long that will take and knowing that I'm not in the best living situation, that money might be more important, and I might not have the same address in a couple months, although I'm sure I could arrange it with Amk, I think I'd vote for: 3. refund.

For example:

3 Ace82: 1 PAID

Again, I’d hate to have such a request, but this wasn’t quite expected and I’m really not so stable at the moment.  HOWEVER, I won’t bee too upset and will respect the majority vote in what ever direction it takes, I won’t be disappointed.   ;)

That’s just my 2cents, what does everybody else think?  :-?

And Amk, Whatever the turn out, know that I greatly appreciate your efforts.

Back