Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GGW-H20L 6x Sled GB!!! THE EPIC GB THREAD LAWL!!!

drlava

Re: GGW-H20L 6x Sled GB!!! THE EPIC GB THREAD LAWL

Igort if the die was under stress as a result of the decanning procedure or a slight bend in the mounting, it could result in a lower bend. That plot you show with the lower bend looks more like what I would expect a 2x PHR to have

jayrob

Really great work Igor!

Amk, are they sending a 6X sled to test? Or are we just going to go off their pictures?

I'm pretty sure if we test one, and it proves to be the GGW 6X, your order will be much more than 100...
Jay

I am assuming pictures will do. They are 10100291309834093505940% sure that these are in fact GGW-H20L's (6x), and not GBW-H10N's (4x)

They still haven't e-mailed pictures, but due to the time zone differences I guess I could give them till tomorrow.

As soon as the pictures are sent, I will upload and post right away, and will get to Western Union for Payment ASAP. I REALLY want to get this over with.

NOTE: WE CANNOT PLACE THE ORDER UNLESS THERE ARE AT LEAST 100 ORDERS!!!

SIDENOTE: IF YOU ARE PAYING FOR A DIODE THAT IGOR IS USING TO MAKE A LASER FOR YOU, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SAY SO IN THE COMMENTS TO SENDER, It makes it A LOT harder when you e-mail me separately saying so. We want this to go through as fast as possible, so cooperation is helpful.

regards,

amk

amkdeath said:

Are we now waiting for the complete order of 100?

I'm not complaining since I'm sure we'll get 100 orders, but I'm excited to get these!

amkdeath said:
ok so im adding everyone to batch 3. Batch 3 list is a few posts down on the first page.

I am not gonna wait till 100 orders, though that would be fantastic!! I will add to teh list/spreadsheet as they come, and I will try to close it up by monday/tuesday, in time to go send payment, and they guarantee 2 days delivery time.

Kenom

I as always will await the first plotting of the 6x before plunkin down $$$. I've already committed a barrel in trade for one and will be sorely dissapointed if it's not up to snuff. Certainly not at AMK though. what with all that hard work. Whew. I can't imagine what that's like *snicker*

Kage

I would add at least 2 more to my order if these prove out to be 6x diodes :)

IgorT

amkdeath said:
As soon as the pictures are sent, [highlight]I will upload and post right away, and will get to Western Union for Payment ASAP[/highlight]. I REALLY want to get this over with.

Amk, DON'T rush in, until we decide together it's all good! One day delay is nothing compared to the agony that could be caused otherwise.

Besides, i believe many people are waiting for the -all clear- to place (more) orders!

I'm pretty sure, that many are still considering this to be a risk, and are making small orders just in case. They are waiting for proof. But i can't afford a screwup! The order i placed (and that others added to), is for proper 6x's! I won't accept anything less this time! I got stuck with other people's 4x's last time already!

amkdeath said:

Good, good, that gives us some more time (i hope)...

I might have to add a couple. I have to check...

IgorT

drlava said:
Igort if the die was under stress as a result of the decanning procedure or a slight bend in the mounting, it could result in a lower bend.  That plot you show with the lower bend looks more like what I would expect a 2x PHR to have

Well, if the die was under stress, it was from the broken window piece.
The de-canning bent one of the pins internally and made it touch the pedestal, but not the die, and i carefully bent it just a little so it wasn't shorting out.

The pedestal itself was not harmed in any way and the die was untouched by anything except maybe the broken piece of window but i'm not sure about that.

But if you're talking about the kink, according to the graph it's pretty much in the same spot as others i have seen - at least relative to the current. But the power is much lower. But when it warms up, the kink moves up and the diode becomes "better".. It went up to 230mW today. That's how much it took for the spot to fill out again, and stop being deformed. Warm the kink visually started at 130mA, and didn't end until 240mA... But i don't have time to re-plot it.

EDIT: The diode just changed dramatically, after being pushed a little!
Before it only did 110mW at 150mA, now it does 131mW at the same current! I think the kink must have moved, or something. Now it deserves re-plotting. Yup, the kink shifted and doesn't start visually untill 150mA (115mA before). When it starts it's also less noticable.

I don't know what happened, but the diode just became much better!  :-?
Of course, it could also just be a part of the degradation process, in which case, one could hardly call it "better", but it does behave better.

Hemlock Mike said:
A warning to all that Blu's don't seem to have good window attachment.  Be careful
Mike

I heard that about PHRs, but in the ~100 i extracted i never saw a loose or weak window. This was the first window that broke on me, and it was my fault. I wasn't carefull enough, when bending the heatsink, the pliars must have been on the can, exerting pressure on it.

Zom-B

IgorT said:
[quote author=Zom-B link=1223438970/1160#1162 date=1228157505]Can I see the raw data? I think I see a distinct bend near 70 mA.

I saw those bends too.. That's why i stopped at 115mA for the first plot.

I was doing the plot at 3mA resolution, after seing those bends, i redid 67-73mA and 79-86mA in 1mA resolution, but it turned out to be nothing special, so i didn't even put that data into the graph.

I can put it in and replot it, and send to you, if you want. But i already wasted so much time on this!

The ebay diode plot i've seen had distinct bends at 90-95mA, 130-135mA and 175-180mA... I think the resolution there was 5mA but the bends were VERY noticable. Here, they were barelly there.

I just tested the "12x" diode again, by shining the enlarged spot on a fluorescent surface and going through the kink.

The kink in this diode is the worst i've seen! PHRs just "flatten out" - the spot splits into two parts, a larger and a smaller, one moves to the left, the other to the right. The deeper in the kink you are, the more split it is.

This diode has an abnormally round spot. And when i approach the kink, it looks normal, then all of a sudden, and without a warning, slightly over one half of the spot goes dark! It's instant! Then, as i increase the current that darker area of the spot slowly becomes bright again, but the distortion remains. With PHRs, the spot fills up again as you leave the kink. Here, the distortion remains noticable. And it looks bad....[/quote]
Remember how much the PHR vary, and that some have a bend that is barely visible, both in the graph and by visually observing the spot? I don't think these "12x" would be that different. Seeing as how low powered they are (even lower, according to the round beam) don't you think it's totally plausible that they have the same varying, and you just got one with unique features, like all have their own unique features?

IgorT

Zom-B said:
Remember how much the PHR vary, and that some have a bend that is barely visible, both in the graph and by visually observing the spot? I don't think these "12x" would be that different. Seeing as how low powered they are (even lower, according to the round beam) don't you think it's totally plausible that they have the same varying, and you just got one with unique features, like all have their own unique features?

I don't understand what you're trying to say..

I said this in the post before the one you quoted: "The diode is different from the diodes from the e-bay auction, but probably no more, than one PHR is different from another - standard manufacturing tolerances."

I was just describing the diode i got for testing.... :-?

Zom-B

What I'mn trying to say if that these '12x' diodes probably vary as much from other '12x' diodes as PHR diodes differ among themselves. There are PHRs with a very faint bend, but they are rare. It's possible that your '12x' diode is a rare specimen too.

IgorT

I agree. The lower the power of a diode, the more inconsistent they are.. I think we will find the 6x's to be much more consistent than PHRs or 4x's.. But there will still be some variations.

Real 12x's are probably gonna be more consistent than open cans. Or maybe not. 405nm's are strange diodes...

drlava

chopper said:
[quote author=amkdeath link=1223438970/1160#1173 date=1228196006]

Are we now waiting for the complete order of 100?

I'm not complaining since I'm sure we'll get 100 orders, but I'm excited to get these!

amkdeath said:
ok so im adding everyone to batch 3. Batch 3 list is a few posts down on the first page.

I am not gonna wait till 100 orders, though that would be fantastic!! I will add to teh list/spreadsheet as they come, and I will try to close it up by monday/tuesday, in time to go send payment, and they guarantee 2 days delivery time.
[/quote]

Ditto this.. why the change in plans??

IgorT said:
I agree. The lower the power of a diode, the more inconsistent they are.. I think we will find the 6x's to be much more consistent than PHRs or 4x's.. But there will still be some variations.

Real 12x's are probably gonna be more consistent than open cans. Or maybe not. 405nm's are strange diodes...

Forgive me, im quite confused..... :-[ The diode you tested Igor, was not actually a 12x?

daguin

Montana64 said:
Forgive me, im quite confused.....  :-[    The diode you tested Igor, was not actually a 12x?  

Not even close :(

Peace,
dave

Please allow me to weasel out of this GB.
Faded expectations.... :-[