Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Don't buy from Stone Tek......

I order my driver for a week, and i have emailed him 3-4 days be4 I placed a dispute. so it isnt my fault, he made me no choice, ok if somethings goin on or hes still for the driver from rkcstr or whatever, "at least he should let me know earlier when I ask him when will my order arrive in the email like 5 days ago" because i got all the parts already from z-bolt.com and hightechdealz.com , but just except my driver, of course i have to do something!

If you where that concerned about your $20 then you should have called him..His number is on his site. Crap happens. Greg is a legit seller. I am a loyal customer to him. He has always shipped quickly and if you are nice to him in your emails, he will answer them promptly.

To be honest, to file a dispute with out warning me first....I would ban you too.

Guys he ordered it and then after a WEEK it hadn't shipped yet. Then he sent an email simply asking what was causing the delay and doesn't get a reply for 3 days. It shouldn't take 10 days to ship a little driver out in the mail or at least let the customer know what's up if you're having trouble obtaining the driver or w/e.

Have you ever heard of DX!!!hahahahaaa. Be patient. Like I said, Crap happens.

Have you NEVER had extenuating circumstances that pevented you fro fulfilling an obligation on time ? I KNOW I HAVE. What if you had found out that Greg had been in a car accident & was in a coma, how would you feel THEN. All I'm sayin' is that NOBODY KNOWS what's goin' on in someone else's life, & you shouldn't condemn them till YOU have ALL YOUR facts straight. Greg is a stand-up, # 1, guy in my book, I don't care what ANYONE say's................rob

I am sure Greg is great....to you. but this thread is about one of his customers being left high and dry for over week, having already paid his money. superkai doesn't know the size of greggs biz. for all he knows it could be a major corporation. you show sympathy because you know gregs circumstances. but if you ordered shoes from nike.com you would be pissed if you heard nothing for 10 days and you paid upfront.

ps. I would still buy from greg/stonetek!!!!!

I am sure Greg is great....to you. but this thread is about one of his customers being left high and dry for over week, having already paid his money. superkai doesn't know the size of greggs biz. for all he knows it could be a major corporation. you show sympathy because you know gregs circumstances. but if you ordered shoes from nike.com you would be pissed if you heard nothing for 10 days and you paid upfront.

ps. I would still buy from greg/stonetek!!!!!

Actually, no, I wouldn't be pissed at Nike. Stuff takes time. Even 10 days is too quick to file a paypal dispute. Maybe some people don't the disputes that seriously, but 10 days and one e-mail is NOT enough before filing a dispute in my book. I understand he was frustrated, but 10 days without shipping and only 3 days without answering an e-mail is NOT bad, and is certainly not worthy of a paypal dispute.

And I read very well, and understand fully that it had been a week before he e-mailed. And that's fine, e-mailing to check the status is not a problem. My problem was sending one e-mail and then waiting only 3 days from that time to go all the way to a paypal dispute.

That's just too quick, either way. 10 days is a maximum of 8 business days, and likely as few as 6 business days. It's not unusual at all for any company to go past 6 or 8 business days before shipping.

So I stand by me opinion that OP needs to chill out and be patient. Oh, and I completely agree that he should NEVER order anything from DX, or any company in China for that matter.

Actually, no, I wouldn't be pissed at Nike. Stuff takes time. Even 10 days is too quick to file a paypal dispute. Maybe some people don't the disputes that seriously, but 10 days and one e-mail is NOT enough before filing a dispute in my book. I understand he was frustrated, but 10 days without shipping and only 3 days without answering an e-mail is NOT bad, and is certainly not worthy of a paypal dispute.

And I read very well, and understand fully that it had been a week before he e-mailed. And that's fine, e-mailing to check the status is not a problem. My problem was sending one e-mail and then waiting only 3 days from that time to go all the way to a paypal dispute.

That's just too quick, either way. 10 days is a maximum of 8 business days, and likely as few as 6 business days. It's not unusual at all for any company to go past 6 or 8 business days before shipping.

So I stand by me opinion that OP needs to chill out and be patient. Oh, and I completely agree that he should NEVER order anything from DX, or any company in China for that matter.

Lets not take things out of context. I never once said anybody couldn't read. i thanked somebody for being the only one to read the whole thing! i dont want to make enemies here. I am just trying to help somebody out like you are. so i'm done here. i didn't mean for it to turn in to a he said she said. sorry guys.

Last edited:
I will admit to not having read the whole thread so this may have been covered. Greg runs his business from home with a staff of one, himself, he has never let me down and you are the first person I ever recall complaining about him. Have you considered that he may be on holiday? or ill? this is one very nice guy who has done very good service for us laserists.

my 2cents...

Regards rog8811

Hey superkai.... where do you live... I can't tell by your profile...:thinking:

For all we know you live on the moon... and shipping is delayed
until the next mission there...:crackup:

Jerry

Morgan

Hey superkai.... where do you live... I can't tell by your profile...:thinking:

For all we know you live on the moon... and shipping is delayed
until the next mission there...:crackup:

Jerry

I thought he was buying from Greg not China!!! They're the next ones going aren't they? Lol

Threadjack over...

I've bought from Stonetek too. You may not get a lightning reply to mail but his goods all arrived and were packed well. Bonus in my opinion is there is NO shipping charge, (unless this has changed). A rare thing these days but rarer is the support and extra time, freely given by Greg when I had questions after my purchase.

I always appreciate people giving their time to inform of bad service but my best advice, on this occasion, would be to put this in the, "one off", pile. Try him again sometime.

I hope your project is a successful one, and look forward to you posting some pics.

M

ok since there is some humor here. maybe we misunderstood him. maybe he was warning people to not go to another website and wanted them to buy from stonetek:

"DON'T!..... Buy from Stonetek!" see :D

I still don't know where he lives or what country he is in...:thinking:

Jerry

Morgan

... Could it be a message FROM Greg?

"Don't buy!", from Stonetek.

M

Greg -- Stonetek is a good man. He should have replied but he has a life too and sadly you didn't know about him. I hope you two guys can re-establish a good relationship.
Sadly, It's events like this which drove him from the forums.

Mike

I've known Greg for almost as long as I've been a forum member, have ordered from him numerous times, & have ALWAYS been treated like I was his only customer. With kindness, fast order delivery, & also VERY knowledgeable & willing to SHARE anything he could with me. I find it IMPOSSIBLE to believe that he was trying to scam you for a lousy $20.00. If you file a dispute with everyone who doesn't deliver what you ordered after only 3 days, I GUARANTEE that you'll be sitting in front of an empty work-bench. Not only that, but word travels fast on this Forum & soon, you won't be able to do business with ANYONE on the forum. Have you ever ordered anything from DX ? You'll be lucky indeed to get your items in 3 WEEKS let alone 3 DAYS. You're expecting miracles boy, give people a chance before crying for a dispute...............rob
it has been a week not three days

Guys he ordered it and then after a WEEK it hadn't shipped yet. Then he sent an email simply asking what was causing the delay and doesn't get a reply for 3 days. It shouldn't take 10 days to ship a little driver out in the mail or at least let the customer know what's up if you're having trouble obtaining the driver or w/e.
thats what im saying man, but ppl just cant get it!

Morgan

Mike - A voice of reason.

It is often all to easy to knock someone. I, personally, don't automatically LIKE everyone I meet in the REAL world. In this case I think latitude MUST be given, particularly considering the cyber-world we inhabit here. I'd love to meet some of you guys in person but the practicalities of global travel prohibit this as an easy means of contact. For now, I am happy in the knowledge that this is a community I am proud to be a part of, and have been told Greg helped to establish.

Whatever any visitor, or regular contributor to this site, should be aware of is the sincerity of most of its members. I have only recently passed the, "100 posts", mark and still feel like a noob. This is a precious resource to our mutual hobby. Let's all have a bit of trust in our collective judgement.

I think that's my diatribe done.

Can we get on with building some cool laser projects now?

M