Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Crowd-Source: Can anyone find a source for the new 1W Mitsubishi 635nm?

We don't have a VAT here (yet.. the liberals keep trying) and i've never been charged import duty on any of the stuff i've gotten from china, so it's probably not an issue. People in europe have done GB's for stuff before without issue.

I think it would only be a problem if you were trying to send over say a shipping container full of diodes.. Or sending in thousands of packages a month.

chefla

I just got a quote in for 190 EUR plus VAT, which is a total of 226,10 EUR plus shipping for a quantity of 10 units. It will take 6 weeks to get them once we ordered. This is pretty much the price Mitsubishi gave piferal.

Last edited:
You people do know that the 40um emitter width is pretty much double that of our 445's right? These things are going to have pretty horrible beam specs.

DTR

Yep the future is not looking as bright as we thought with all the new laser based displays coming out if they keep trending toward these types of diodes.:(

Last edited:
R&D is driven by the market, and currently there is a larger market for these large emitter diodes than there is a market for small emitter diodes. Lasers will never be a cheap hobby :banghead:

Garoq

Piferal, I agree with what you wrote. :)

I received the proforma from the U.S. distributor, the total is $3,698.80 for 10 diodes plus $16.37 UPS shipping. Re-shipping in the US would be $3, international Priority Mail $14 (not insured). So the total per diode would be $374.52 US, $385.52 international. But as Piferal said, it would probably be less expensive for European members to do a separate GB, if you can get enough interest.

Garoq

So nobody interested in a GB? I guess I'll buy one and report on the results. :D

See post #83.. With a 40um die width, these things are going be twice as bad as the 445's divergence wise. Fine for a pico projector, bad for a pointer/laser show projector.

Last edited:

Garoq

See post #83.. With a 40um die width, these things are going be twice as bad as the 445's divergence wise. Fine for a pico projector, bad for a pointer/laser show projector.

I saw that, and understand the implications. Doesn't mean that they're worthless for a handheld. Just depends on what you're using them for.

G-1 lenses are pretty awful divergence-wise with a 445, but people still buy them. :)

Not sure if for those living in the USA the final price can be attractive, and I mean, I imagine that on reaching the diode would have to pay a fee (tax), making the price is not attractive, maybe.

In my experience, because of the European VAT, it costs less for people in the US to import goods from Europe, including shipping, than it does to buy the same product from within Europe.

Look, I gave you a distributor for the Mitsu LD. I wrote a step-by-step alternative to the crappy kipkay red laser phony hack temporary laser joke and provided a real red laser alternative for the MiniMag. What does it take for for some respect here?

signed, Mr. 1 point of respect.

yzer

Reps are a funny thing, when you have none or just a few they seem to mean everything, then once you have a good numbrer of them they mean nothing to you.

Same goes with Top Posters, when you're not on the list, you want to get there, then once you're on it you could care less whether you remain there or not.

I was a member on another board for a completely different hobby, which had over 25,000 members, where I had the second highest reps and was in the top 10 posters. But, once I on was at that point it reall didn't mean much anymore, and I ended up leaving and starting my own forum because that forum became nothing more than a marketing platform and a venue for drama.

I don't have a lot of members on my forum, only around 400, but I already see the same thing happening with reps there too.

Garoq

Is it my imagination or are there posts here that have been deleted?? :thinking:

yes, is because the last problem with the server
I have lost several PM and post, too :yabbem:

They weren't deleted. The server had a hard drive die in the raid array and Cold restored a backup from the 23rd.