Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Crowd-Source: Can anyone find a source for the new 1W Mitsubishi 635nm?

Garoq

I asked them for small quantity pricing on the 300mW, and a spec sheet.

rhd

Its so tempting but soo much money. I don't want to miss out though!

I wouldn't be totally shocked if six months from now we'll look back at this price tag and laugh. They were paying $500 range prices for our 445s before KasEO stepped in to help us out.

At the same time, I'm yet to figure out why KasEO doesn't replace the 24x LDs with 1x LED emitter. I think long-term, the approach of using laser arrays for full sized projectors might not last.

I'd bet these type of diodes will stabilize at roughly 1/2 the price of a decent pico projector. I think people will end up harvesting the diodes, with green and red representing the majority of the value, and the blues proving less interesting to most.

But until that happens, sign me up for one of these :)

It depends on what the output of the blues looks like. Not everyone is all OMG MUST HAVE 2W+ IN HANDHELD... :p If the output is singlemode and is relatively dotlike.. I'll be quite interested in them. You can't put 2W builds in MDXL hosts anyway.

If you want to see beams.. Well, that's why they make fog machines. heh. (30mW 473, ~50mW 445, ~80mW 405)

IMG_0265.JPG

Last edited:

rhd

It depends on what the output of the blues looks like. Not everyone is all OMG MUST HAVE 2W+ IN HANDHELD... :p If the output is singlemode and is relatively dotlike.. I'll be quite interested in them. You can't put 2W builds in MDXL hosts anyway.

If you want to see beams.. Well, that's why they make fog machines. heh. (30mW 473, ~50mW 445, ~80mW 405)

Well, you're preaching to the converted. I took apart the ShowWX almost entirely for the singlemode blue 60mw diode ;)

But in terms of there being enough people that share yours and my perspective on the benefits of a single mode blue - I'm not sure.

I'm still waiting on you to put it in a 3.8mm housing and tell what the beam profile really looks like. :poke:

Helios

I wonder if photonlexicon has caught wind of this yet?

I would imagine that you would get more people to jump on this GB there.

These diodes only have a divergence slightly better than the 445nm diodes. The final beam specs of course depend on emitter size and could easily end up worse than the 445nm diodes. 635nm diodes with horrible beam profiles aren't new. Let me know when there's a group buy for a single mode version :D

Eh, I'm sure the bias goes both ways though.. Most there think everyone here is an inbred retard two likes shining 2W pointers in people's faces.. And most here think everyone there is a stuck up egotistical know it all a**hole...

To be honest I actually have a lot more interest in projectors than I do pointers.. However.. I don't really fit in with the mentality over there.. So i'm over here heh..

That's exactly how it is , and unfortunately there is a lack of comunication and respect on both sides. I remember when 15 mw's of green was 1500.00 !!! and now 15 mw's coasts , what I5 bucks !!! When I was sixteen , it coast me 350.00 for a 12 mw 632 head and 120.00 for the hv supply. Now I can have 10,000 mw's 0f 445 for 200 bucks. So the old school guys are afraid that kids today dont appreciate what they have in their hands. I know not every kid is going to do something stupid with ther lasers. So my name is Norm and If you guys have any questions on , yag lasers, co2 lasers, argon lasers , ktp systems , HV and LV power supplies let me know. Anyway have a good 4th !

Last edited:
My main beef with PL is mainly the attitude towards new people in general. It seems that if you don't have an ILDA membership and a degree in photonics, you get jumped on for asking questions about pretty much anything. I know it's only really a handful of people that act that way, but it only takes one bad apple to ruin the whole pie, so to speak. On the flipside, Yes there are people here who completely disregard safety and cause trouble.. However, at least here, those types of people are run off fairly quickly.. While on PL, the people responsible for making life difficult for the 'lower peons' as they see it, are deeply rooted in the upper echelons and aren't going anywhere any time soon.

Anyway.. Enough OT PL ranting heh. Back to high power reds.

I have found the people on PL to be extremely helpful and amicable. There are many knowledgeable people and I often find myself drowning in the wealth of information.

Although I have heard of the tension between the two forums many times, I have yet to see it. The supposed tension continues to exist because of a few people who say it does.