Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

AixiZ 445nm lens...

jayrob

Glad you got it built!

Yeah I turned mine up too... :crackup:

Now we're all spoiled on awesome power and nothing else will do...

jib77

I just finished my build in Jayrobs 18650 host. For starters, thanks Jay it looks sexy lol.

As far as the lens goes, the beam is nice and rectangular. Had it at about 650mA then turned it up to 920 about 20 minutes later haha. I'm nearly sure that I have the right lens as it does look like ambush more golden reflection but I'm still very impressed by the laser itself.

Couldn't be happier. Thanks again Jay for your host and Daguin for the diode.:D

So if I see a blue beam emanating from Bedford Ill know it was you. Doubt you will see mine, Im running it at 412mA (Im in Haltom City).

bhank

Jay, I'd have to agree that nothing else will do. Concidering this is about 6-8 times more powerfull than my other commonly used portable lasers, it's deffinately a new treat. And I gotta say again I love the host, I'll deffinately be doing business with you in the future.

And Jib, yeah you'll know where to find me haha. I'm using it as little as possible until my goggles come in. I've been shining it into the sky mainly, after one shot in the garage on a dark wall, it became very apparent that goggles are a must. I know it's been said over and over here on the forums and I never doubted it, but it is way too powerfull to be used without goggles. So one split second shot from
About 20 feet made me want to wait for my goggles before I use it anymore.

Finally, on the 3rd attempt ...

Aixiz sent me the correct AR coated 445 lenses for power comparisons.

They have the holes in the retaining nut.

It has taken over a month.

Thanks;

LarryDFW

Last edited:
I spoke to Chuck again today a few hours ago and he told me that he is going to send me the right ones this time.

This is going to be the 4 time hes sending me replacements. I hope they come right this time. I think they will.:can:

Exerd

I received one of the Aixiz 3-element 445s coated with the gold tint.

I noticed that my unfocused beam mimics the unfocused photo posted early in the thread, so I'm sure me and at least one other person have lenses in common.

Sorry if I missed this posted somewhere in the thread, as I tried to scan for it and did not see it posted.

So, what is your take on the giant wings produced by this lens? :thinking:

I am not entirely happy with the beam myself. It does produce a worthy beam shape, until you throw in the added splash on the sides. I was shining my 445 in the fog with this lens, and the wings created a giant bowtie shaped beam.

I have tried this lens from Aixiz, a 405-G-2 lens from Laser66.com which is the same as a 405-G-1, and the factory Casio projector lens. Well, call me crazy, but out of the three, I somewhat lean towards the Casio lens.

I personally do not care about power throughput unless it had a huge loss, because I just run the diode hotter to achieve the desired output.

GMH

I received some bad 405 lens also. blue tint. Think there for red wavelength. Waiting for replacements to arrive.

kiwi

Received a lens that i bought from AixiZ ebay shop. Sold as a 405m lens, reflects a golden tint. Haven't got a chance to try it in a laser yet tho...

Could it be that since these diodes were made(in S korea btw)for the C*sio projectors and not for a laser hand-helds- we are maybe expecting too much from anybodies' lenses?

Can all LDs be focused/collimated like we how they want them to??

If you compare the HeNe reds and greens or an argon blue to DPSS or diodes- the gas lasers win in every catagory(except cost and mWs)-- I am no laser pro- just a hobbiest- so I am just throwing this out there.

I do know that AixiZ is trying to get you all the lenes that you want- contact Chuck for any issues- so far he has tried to replace any 'wrong' ones w/ the correct lenses.
I have no idea why any of the 'replacement' lenses would be wrong too..but given a chance they always do what it takes to get it right.

hak

I have 3 coming -- I'm getting worried now that I'll get the wrong lens.
I hate returning wrong stuff.

HMike

I have 3 coming -- I'm getting worried now that I'll get the wrong lens.
I hate returning wrong stuff.

HMike

Chuck as far as iam aware of it he doesn't ask for the wrong lens back.

He said that he got the right shipment in last week and was sending my replacement out right away, This will be the 4th time in attempt for me to receive the right lenses.:) But he has been good to me even tho i almost gave up on the lens on my last wrong shipment.

I hung in there and i should be getting them in this week.:)

Last edited:
^^^ good to hear that-
mistakes happen-
the China lens makers sent some marked wrong-
AixiZ sends out hundreds of items and when they get busy-- they all tend to look alike- They ship out around 500 blank modules world-wide every week alone.

hak

Yea i dont Blame AixiZ If they received the right lens in the first place they would not have had this problem.

But because they received the wrong lenses from china its AixiZ that was taking the heat for it. Also i think they handled it well even tho it took a little time, but at the end of the day Chuck will make sure you have the right len.:D

I got my Aixiz 405 lenses today. I put one into my HM445 (DIY) laser and OMG. It looks good at first test. This may put me ahead of my Arctic comparison test.
It's just too hot outside to do a divergence test. I will post results soon.

HMike

DTR

I got my Aixiz 405 lenses today. I put one into my HM445 (DIY) laser and OMG. It looks good at first test. This may put me ahead of my Arctic comparison test.
It's just too hot outside to do a divergence test. I will post results soon.

HMike

I too had an OMG moment when I put in my first Aixiz 445 lens as well. They are sweet and after the wait it was just that much more enjoyable.:eg:

DTR ---
It's too hot and humid to make the divergence test outside but I am going to report on a comparison of my HM445 (DIY) against Steve's Arctic. This lens makes us comparable.
Understand that power won't be a basis since I can go for a one hour power life and Steve can't. Also, my Microboost has its limits too.

HMike

Also who wants to stand down range of a class IV to measure the beam specs?

Last edited: