Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

AixiZ 445nm lens...

The AixiZ glass lens for 445nm diodes is the lowest priced one available AFAIK-- that being said-- if anyone wants the best lens they can get -those are out there. If you think aixiz is makng a lot of money on these- IMO you are sadly mistaken.

as far as the 'bribes' comment-- your J/K ---right??

see photo

taken yesterday at the HEB in Pearland, Tx

I just got my weakly 'bribe' from him(very weak-ly)

He drives half-way to deliver my lenses and blanks in person.

We chat laser talk-- he hasn't offered to buy me anything- I get the same discount he gives any LPF members who buy in quanitity. We chow down on the free samples...its the biggest HEB I have ever seen. Great samples too.

You dont know me or Chuck either, if you want anything fixed or replaced you need to email AixiZ- if you dont get satisfaction-- email them again--that works for the rest of us!!!

you have a swell day ya' hear!!

hak

Attachments

• Dr Chuck n me (Medium).jpg
    Dr Chuck n me (Medium).jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 81

Boo :(

Earlier I noticed a 650-g-1 lens made this 445 laser heat up quickly compared to the temporary acrylic. I guess from the internal reflections.
This new aixiz lens seems to do the same thing.

I wish I had an infra-red thermometer type thing to verify this. (my hands aren't very good thermometers and there's the mental bias of knowing a different lens is in the module)

I'm still keeping a positive attitude until a few more people w/ more knowledge and test equipment get a hold of these.

IR thermometers have a hard time reading some surfaces, particularly shiny metal. They ought to work ok on black anodized but you are still much better off with a contact thermometer when the situation allows it. I have one I made using one of those sensors that has a linear output proportional to temperature that I plug into my multimeter. I also have a thermocouple adapter for measuring higher temperatures. Far more accurate than my IR thermometer even under ideal conditions.

DTR

They're the ones aixiz used to sell. They give a predictable beam, they're pretty much never dirty or smudged, the coating is consistent, etc..

Thanks for explaining.

I will have to do some power tests when they get here. Any thoughts on how the power output would compare to the G-1/405-445 Aixiz. Sorry if I am running a little off topic.

jayrob

That's the lens that I originally tested for my 445 lens comparison thread:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f65/445nm-a130-lens-comparisons-51456.html

Then I asked AixiZ to get us the exact same lens in a full length threaded nut.

And then this new set up came. Personally, the new set up is ok, but the original (half threaded) AixiZ 405 lens is better. At least the one I have is.

The AixiZ 405 is about 15% less power vs 405-G-1 for 445...

The new AixiZ 445 is about 20% less power vs 405-G-1. But there are some variances of course.

You have to remember that they are only a $10 dollar lens...

jsyco

New opinion ?

Hey jayrob, I have been following this AixiZ 445nm lens thread and as I have a S.S. 18650 kit on order from you I am wondering if you have changed your opinion on what is the best all around lens for this kit with an A140 445nm diode?

If you want to wait till you come back from camping / this thread matures before you answer this thats cool.

DTR

Re: New opinion ?

Hey jayrob, I have been following this AixiZ 445nm lens thread and as I have a S.S. 18650 kit on order from you I am wondering if you have changed your opinion on what is the best all around lens for this kit with an A140 445nm diode?

If you want to wait till you come back from camping / this thread matures before you answer this thats cool.

In case he is on his way camping and can't respond I will throw this out there for you.

It is not really a matter of one being superior to another. It depends on what you want to do with it. If you want to have more burning power then the G-1 is you best bet. If you want the best looking beam and dot for pointing then the 405/445 Aixiz glass it the one for you. I personally have both for the best of both worlds. Then there are the ones from O-Like that are still more for pointing but with a 5% increase in power over the 405/445(still nowhere near the 20% increase you get from the G-1) but you might have issues with the lens not being in a full length threaded nut.

Hope this helps

jayrob

Re: New opinion ?

Yep, DTR pretty much said exactly what I would have answered...

jsyco

Re:eek:pinion

Thanks DTR & jayrob. I think the AixiZ will suit me fine for now. I plan on doing another one of these 18650 kits in green once I find a module in a power/price range I'm happy with. As I have a fairly large woodworking shop I probably will get more interested in burning as time goes by.
Thanks for sharing your opinions.

DTR;

There are several lens options for the 445nm diode.

For burning wood, the best lens is an aspheric short F.L. single lens assembly like the one provided by myself (and jayrob).

There are slight differences in the ways we minimize the "wings".

I use a stainless aperture before the lens,
while jayrob uses an aluminum cylinder after the lens.

I have profiled the beam from the Hi-Power lens assembly at various distances from the lens,
in this Laser Pro Shop thread:

445nm Beam Profile Link

LarryDFW

P.S. The Aixiz 405/445 lenses have proven to be inconsistent.
There seems to be at least four different versions on the market.
I have received 3 different types.

Last edited:

DTR

DTR;

There are several lens options for the 445nm diode.

For burning wood, the best lens is an aspheric short F.L. single lens assembly like the one provided by myself (and jayrob).

There are slight differences in the ways we minimize the "wings".

I use a stainless aperture before the lens,
while jayrob uses an aluminum cylinder after the lens.

I have profiled the beam from the Hi-Power lens assembly at various distances from the lens,
in this Laser Pro Shop thread:

445nm Beam Profile Link

LarryDFW

P.S. The Aixiz 405/445 lenses have proven to be inconsistent.
There seems to be at least four different versions on the market.
I have received 3 different types.

Thanks Larry

Sounds gooood. I like to have lots of options. I'll head over to your thread an pick a few up.:D

ReNNo

How much do you guys wait for respond?
I sent them another mail, but not lens-ralated.
They even don't respond to that mail.

I need to buy 532nm module and need more information, but cannot contact them.

DTR ---
I usually use ~ 30' and 150' for divergence testing. Dark flat charcoal as a target so there is no reflection or other error.
Going over 150' might annoy too many neighbors! The two back yards I use -- well they understand.
HMike

DTR

DTR ---
I usually use ~ 30' and 150' for divergence testing. Dark flat charcoal as a target so there is no reflection or other error.
Going over 150' might annoy too many neighbors! The two back yards I use -- well they understand.
HMike

That is a good distance that should give some accurate readings. I have been using about 30 feet for some of the divergence pics that i have been posting but they have not been real scientific yet since I have been too lazy to even remember to pick up a ruler.

ReNNo

I received lenses today, they were 445nm coated.
Thanks to Chuck and Aixiz, this is another time that they solved my problem.

ReNNo

These new 405-445nm lenses very irritate me.

Scatters around dot are very noticeable.
I plan to use them for my blue diodes in laser scanner but scatters are very noticeable that people who watch laser show will not see beam but reflection of blue light coming from scanner.

Any idea how to fix that problem?

Kevlar

I noticed with a few of mine that the retainer ring was not screwed all the way down.

Try putting the lens up to your ear and shaking it, if it rattles tighten the retainer ring and see if that works.

Hope this helps!!