Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

AixiZ 445nm lens...

ReNNo

I do know that AixiZ is trying to get you all the lenes that you want- contact Chuck for any issues- so far he has tried to replace any 'wrong' ones w/ the correct lenses.
I have no idea why any of the 'replacement' lenses would be wrong too..but given a chance they always do what it takes to get it right.

hak
I contacted aixiz via their website but haven't received any answer yet. (Contacted 2 weeks ago)
Should I contact Chuck directly or?

DTR

Hemlock_Mike

I feel your pain. It has been pretty nasty here in STL as well 100 and humid:umbrella:.
What ranges do you typically use to test divergence?
Or is it just any range and do the math. Could your calculations be different if you used only ten feet instead of say fifty?

I contacted aixiz via their website but haven't received any answer yet. (Contacted 2 weeks ago)
Should I contact Chuck directly or?
I will PM you another email addy to try- they get hundreds a day at many addys- IMO- sometimes they get lost

put in the title that 'Len told me to email you-I'm a LPF member'

Do they have links up for the 445 glass? I can't find it on aixiz's site. Or do I just have to call and order?

Or is it on their eBay store?

Both places I only see the 405nm glass. :|

I will PM you another email addy to try- they get hundreds a day at many addys- IMO- sometimes they get lost

Can you PM me that address as well?

Thanks!

Last edited:

jib77

Do they have links up for the 445 glass? I can't find it on aixiz's site. Or do I just have to call and order?

Or is it on their eBay store?

Both places I only see the 405nm glass. :|

It is the 405 glass ... the reason we call it 445 is because allegedly the AR coating was changed to accommodate 445.

It is the 405 glass ... the reason we call it 445 is because allegedly the AR coating was changed to accommodate 445.

Ah...

Thanks. I had missed that. I thought there was 405 and 445 glass with the same coating, but the 445 had different elements and focus etc.

Jim

Recieved my second lenses today, after my original order 5 weeks ago. Even worse, it doesnt even focus the beam this time, at the best focal point the BLOB was over three times the line/ dot size of the acrilic lens.

And as for the coating, it had a slight yellow tinge, but after laying all my lenses on the bench and looking at the reflection of a blue laser aimed above, it was clear that it still reflected LOTS of blue. Less than the blue lenses I first got but still rubbish, the coating has very little effect at all.

The "respected" members on here sticking up for Aixiz should take their bribes and shove them... Aixiz claimed they tested every lens before shipping, its clear that they did not even unwrap and look at them, "they all look alike" - actually no they do not, every lens within batches even looks different.

No wonder these "special "people recieved large batches of quality lenses and maintain that Aixiz are doing the best they can, while others get their FOURTH replacments which are still unacceptable. Apparently you need to tell them that a certain "Xxx" sent you to have any chance of not recieving a useless "lens". Yes their suppliers have let them down, but that can happen when you outsource a ten dollar lens to a much poorer country with seemingly no quality controls or morals, for a fraction of the price.

Absolutly disgusting.

Recieved my second lenses today, after my original order 5 weeks ago. Even worse, it doesnt even focus the beam this time, at the best focal point the BLOB was over three times the line/ dot size of the acrilic lens.

And as for the coating, it had a slight yellow tinge, but after laying all my lenses on the bench and looking at the reflection of a blue laser aimed above, it was clear that it still reflected LOTS of blue. Less than the blue lenses I first got but still rubbish, the coating has very little effect at all.

The "respected" members on here sticking up for Aixiz should take their bribes and shove them... Aixiz claimed they tested every lens before shipping, its clear that they did not even unwrap and look at them, "they all look alike" - actually no they do not, every lens within batches even looks different.

No wonder these "special "people recieved large batches of quality lenses and maintain that Aixiz are doing the best they can, while others get their FOURTH replacments which are still unacceptable. Apparently you need to tell them that a certain "Xxx" sent you to have any chance of not recieving a useless "lens". Yes their suppliers have let them down, but that can happen when you outsource a ten dollar lens to a much poorer country with seemingly no quality controls or morals, for a fraction of the price.

Absolutly disgusting.

Umm, in the defense of the "bribed respected members" this is actually the first time that I know of that Aixiz has screwed up so badly. Also, speaking only for myself, the only "bribe" I've received from Aixiz in the past is bend-over-backwards top notch customer support. If things are different now it's unfortunate since Aixiz' reputation as a good, stand-up company is NOT undeserved. I've simply stopped trying to get 405-445nm glass lenses from them until this issue is sorted.

If anyone is interested in the 405nm-445nm lenses that Aixiz USED to sell (the good ones) o-like.com sells them here: 405nm laser /445nm laser collimation lens/glasses lens - eBay (item 170517257022 end time Aug-20-10 23:16:50 PDT)

DJZ

Just wanted to say that my replacement lenses arrived yesterday and have the correct coating. Many thanks, Chuck!

David

jayrob

Absolutly disgusting.

I sent back an order of 60 lenses that I found unacceptable...

See this post:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f65/445nm-a130-lens-comparisons-51456-13.html#post749379

But then I got the right ones! :)

I think (hope) Chuck is on top of all this now...

Last edited:

DTR

If anyone is interested in the 405nm-445nm lenses that Aixiz USED to sell (the good ones) o-like.com sells them here: 405nm laser /445nm laser collimation lens/glasses lens - eBay (item 170517257022 end time Aug-20-10 23:16:50 PDT)

Hey Elektro

I thought I might pick up a few extra lenses. Like them but they look like they are only half threaded. Have you gotten any of these? Do they come in full threaded as well? I did not see any full threaded ones when I click on more items from this seller or check their website. If you don't know I guess I could email Susie.

To my knowledge they only come half-threaded which kind of sucks I know, but for improved output quality it's a small price to pay.... to me anyway.

DTR

Well I will probably get a couple for S&G's. See if I can get them to focus to infinity with a flush mounted diode and an ezfocus adapter. I know at least that I can get them to focus without a focus nob on them. It's just not as aesthetically pleasing.

Also when you say "the good ones" are they more like a G-1 or a 405/445 Aixiz of better quality?

Kevlar

I finally got the correct "new" 445nm AR coated lens on the third try and I'm totally happy with Chuck's customer service. I think I've stated that in other threads. He never once asked me to return the incorrect lenses :yh:

Lets face it, everyone makes mistakes but the way I see it, it's how one handles correcting those mistakes. IMHO, Chuck has done a good job of that.

One thing I have noticed with the newer lenses is that some of them are loose. They could of got that way in the mail, who knows. It was an easy fix, just tighten the retainer ring. :D

ReNNo

I haven't received reply from Chuck yet, and neither from aixiz support (sent 3 weeks ago).

I didn't bombard them with mails, just sent one mail.
Why the hell they ignore my mails?

Well I will probably get a couple for S&G's. See if I can get them to focus to infinity with a flush mounted diode and an ezfocus adapter. I know at least that I can get them to focus without a focus nob on them. It's just not as aesthetically pleasing.

Also when you say "the good ones" are they more like a G-1 or a 405/445 Aixiz of better quality?

They're the ones aixiz used to sell. They give a predictable beam, they're pretty much never dirty or smudged, the coating is consistent, etc..