Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked- What exactly is wrong with them?

Doxy

Hello! I am new to the forum here, I have been looking around at different lasers for a little while now, doing some research in an attempt to make a good and informed decision for my first laser purchase. And of course one of the first companies to catch my eye was wicked lasers, due to their flashy web site and seemingly (to me) great prices (as of recently? I have heard). I figure it only makes sense that me being a total noob at this stuff, I would fall for their perhaps schemes, ha ha.

But I guess I am just wondering about Wickeds lasers themselves, I was looking at the E3 series (the green one to be specific) for $100 a <200 mw laser- I have not seen any other site come close to a price like that for the power... Now as i look at the specifications one of the things to bother me about it is the diameter of the beam seems fairly big to me, at 1.5 mm... i would like to have something finer than that.

Are the specifications of the lasers on wickeds site untrue? or is there some other flaw with them that I don't see? How can they offer it so cheap when every other site- even ones your forum lists as quality good sellers cant come close to the prices?

I have heard about wicked and actually receiving the product being a nightmare, but I am more just curious about the quality of the product.

Doxy

Also- would you have any cost effective suggestions on a laser for a noobie like me?

I want to be able to have fun with it, have a brilliant bright beam at night, and perhaps also be able to burn some stuff for kicks and giggles. : ) I think I want to go with the green color, basically due to its visibility. The blue is awesome, but I'm afraid may not be in my price range. :p ha ha.

I may be willing to spend ~ $100 - $200

i dont think Wicked offers bad lasers ( CNI products afaik )
i think all the bad stuff you read is about shipping times and the crappy arctic laser which breaks regulairy..

friend of mine has a old E2 and it has a nice thin beam and dot pretty good quality to.

im not to sure if they still use CNI modules after that huge pricedrop they put up a while ago, for example lasers that where like $500-1000 are now sold for $100

I may be willing to spend ~ $100 - $200

I'd go with this:

Viper Series 95mW Green Laser Pointer :: Green Laser Pointer ----- 532nm Laser ----- Viper Series Lasers :: Handheld Lasers :: Dragon Lasers

I can't tell you about Wicked Lasers, other than the wait can be long. I ordered an E2 from them in December just to see what they were all about, but I haven't received it yet. They've never responded to any email I've sent either. I'm not too worried about it...if it goes on for much longer, I'll just file a dispute with my card company.

Dragon Lasers uses CNI modules and they have good customer service. They also ship fast.

Doxy -----
Looong ago, Wicked acquired a bad name on this and maybe other forums relating to their web page and shipping.
To date, I have never experienced any problems with Steve OR Wicked Lasers.

HMike

Arshus

Hey mike: how long generally has it taken for them to get a laser to you door? I will say they have amazing hosts.

I can tell you that I got my 1st laser in 3 days and my 2nd in under 36 hours. This was before the Arctic shenanigans. I don't know what the shipping times are currently.

jakeGT

How on earth did you get one in 36 hours ? That means literally the second you payed them they drove it to a plane, put it on a plane and flew it to your post office directly making it there the next day/next morning. I've never ordered from wicked Because I'm smarter than that, and I have seen threads on here from people, LOTS of people who ordered 4-6 months ago and sti have not received a product

How on earth did you get one in 36 hours ? That means literally the second you payed them they drove it to a plane, put it on a plane and flew it to your post office directly making it there the next day/next morning. I've never ordered from wicked Because I'm smarter than that, and I have seen threads on here from people, LOTS of people who ordered 4-6 months ago and sti have not received a product

I really have no idea. Unless ups was really slow at updating or someone made a mistake and my package ended up on an overnight plain I have no idea. I still might have the ups logs. Let me look

It was a looking time ago but it seems they "did?" ship it next day air. Says "shipped by: ups saver" which is next day air saver. here's the tracking number.... its way outdated 1Z4V76E10458986352

Last edited:
WL is good at some things.... HYPE, HYPE, More HYPE oh yeah and host designs.... ;)
btw, don't just buy into any hype you get told, eh?:can: -GH

Last edited:
Wicked are now flooded with orders... due to some news that went out... so as usual you expected to sell 100 per month and the next day you need to sell 100,000 per month... the entire manufacturing line screwed!!! the customer careline screwed!!! basically they are pretty screw up!!!

Tonga

I have had good luck with Wicked Lasers, although there has been a wait for delivery. 1st time about 5 years ago about 2 weeks, lately month and a half. But this is acceptable to me.. shipping from the other side of the world and with the lately run on WL for products. No problem with product either, I will buy from them again!

A long time ago WL acquire a bad reputation because of lying. One claim they made was a green laser they sold was used in a military operation. The laser in actuality was an infrared. The video is still on YouTube. YouTube - Iraq Air Strike . The laser was really a B.E. Myer's product. Wl at the time posted that particular vid on their site. WL got caught by B.E. Myer's. Over time WL made other false claims. That's when WL reputation slid downhill. Forer customers that used the forum and complained about WL product quality were usually banned that also did not help WL's reputation. Originally WL started here in the USA. However when the FDA started to get tough with WL for non compliance Steve the owner hightailed it over to China to be beyond the reach of US law. It seems a bad reputation still haunts them.

DJNY

WL is good at some things.... HYPE, HYPE, More HYPE oh yeah and host designs.... ;)
btw, don't just buy into any hype you get told, eh?:can: -GH

What Glenn says.

I think it was a broken contact between Wicked and CNI which resulted in the long delay people waited for their Arctics. I know that Wicked has decided to go for cheap materials now and produce at least a part of their newer products by their own. But I haven´t seen somebody with an other Wicked laser after the Arctic.

Arshus

Well thats crazy. I'm sure jeff, Hmike and tonga arent lying about delivery times (though I'm sure the 36 hour delivery was long ago lol), so it must the quality of the lasers. Obviously some people never got their lasers, or had to wait half a year because of customs. And sure, they didn't handle the volume well at the time, nor that letter from the FDA lol, but a month and a half? If that's on a recent order it doesnt seem TOO bad.

What do you you guys with WL products say about the quality? Are they to spec? Sturdy? Still working? If their making their own lasers thats can't be good. Or can it? I certainly don't believe everything I read, be it HYPE or otherwise. However, that works both ways.

-Sal