Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What is your internet connection speed?

In mid-afternoon is not very good time to test, but anyway these are the results.

Test.jpg

Hiemal

That's for school though, granted.

At home, I'm paying for 25 mbps up AND down, but it flucuates from 15-30 mbps depending on what everyone else is doing on the internets. I'll do a speedtest when I get back home. :)

Damn you guys have amazing connections.

When I lived in NJ we had FIOS and I was getting 19mbps down / 5 mbps up.

Up here in the northern wilderness, there is only one ISP around and the best they have (for $70/mo!) is 15mbps down / 2mbps up. That's what I have, during prime time hours it drops down to as low as 4 / 0.25 though. It's DSL btw.

1863543624.png

Last edited:
I call shenanigans on this website.....I've always noticed impeccable speeds, for instance, when it says a download will take ~30sec with the highest connection the site says, and it's done in 4sec? Nothing in our house is slowing down our speed, the only thing slowing it down is where we're connecting to. However it's telling me:
1863772358.png

Might be due to my dad working remotely from home, the perks of workin in IT, you can remote to your work desktop from your lazyboy :na:

Last edited:
You don't know slow like I know slow. :banghead:
This is DSL with the closest server about 30 miles away.

Benm

OH well, i remember dialup :D

seems i'm getting a free bumb from 40/4 to 50/5 mbit this weekend though.. not that the 40 or 50 part of that works on wifi, i need to run an ethernet cable to achieve full speed using a single computer.

1864165594.png

I'd decidedly jealous of some of the speeds I'm seeing here.

Not sure I need the bump in bandwidth bad enough to justify the bump in price though.

Ash

My WIFI can upload w/ 300MBS!!!

Download is about 25MBS
Pics or it didn't happen. :na:

Have you noticed that everyone else is posting the speedtest results, and you are just stating your UL/DL speed. I call BS on the 300Mb upload speed. :gun:

Pics or it didn't happen. :na:

Have you noticed that everyone else is posting the speedtest results, and you are just stating your UL/DL speed. I call BS on the 300Mb upload speed. :gun:

Of course it's BS... for one thing he's talking about speed in terms of megabytes.

Take anything coming from an 11 year old with a big grain of salt.

Ash

Of course it's BS... for one thing he's talking about speed in terms of megabytes.

Take anything coming from an 11 year old with a big grain of salt.
Thanks. Didn't realize this was the "too lazy to research" poster. :mad:
And oh yeah, MB not equal to Mb (bytes not equal to bits). ;)

Of course not... that's why I was pointing it out to you. I mean do you know a single person that has that much bandwidth for persona use? ;)

Last edited:

Things

Thanks. Didn't realize this was the "too lazy to research" poster. :mad:

That's what happens when you think your connection speed is what the WiFi card lists in properties :D