Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What is the wavelength of true brown?

What is the wavelength of true brown?

• So much nm

Votes: 11 22.4%

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • The weight that 4 meters of gallons smells like

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Ѡ

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • A grey nm after a trip through a bear hive

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters
The weight that 4 meters of gallons smells like

Ahhhahahah.
I need a laser to weld my sides back together - best "wavelength" poll ever :)

Tmack

Hilarious.

I was wondering how many colors I'd see asked about.
Exactly how many did he do?

Hopefully it stops at brown.

HAHA.

djQUAN

I just made a brown beam, but the divergence on that thing was nearly 2" dia. Need a focal adapter. Is that what butt plugs are for. Oh, and run time was only a few seconds.:crackup:

For those that mmay get offended, it's a play on words. Butt plug is an eletrical connector of some sort.

At least yours was somewhat CW. The one I made was Q-Switched.

ARG

Noobs, just think about it. Easy question.

Black light is UV and brown is made from complementary colors such as red and green.

For a nice deep brown then I would say 1 part UV, 2 parts red, 2 parts green.

Adding those wavelengths together give 380nm + 2*640nm + 2*540nm

Clearly the answer is so much nm.

This was actually going to be my next poll. I had already written the explanatory text:

A friend of mine bought a black laser on AliExpress. At first I thought he meant black anodized host until he showed me how it worked. Shined on a white wall two or three yards away the dot is absolutely black, so black it almost hurts your eyes to look at it. At night, in the vicinity of a streetlight (but not too close) the effect is spectacular, especially on a misty night. Each droplet of mist that passes through the beam turns absolutely black. Of course that's not Rayleigh suction, just Tyndall subtraction, but still pretty impressive.

So I went to AliExpress to buy one, only my jaw dropped when I saw the price. I couldn't even afford 1 mW. Fortunately they had brown lasers on sale, so I got one of those.

The color is not the sort of muddy brown you get on those cheap brown LEDs: this is absolutely pure brown like you've never seen it before. Unfortunately, they never said what the wavelength was, so I was wondering if people here could help me out. What is the wavelength of pure brown?

Incidentally, pure brown is just dark desaturated orange with a dominant wavelength of about 605nm. Darkness and desaturation can be achieved indirectly by having pure orange in a background environment that is whiter and brighter than the orange object. Any dominant wavelength that deviates too far from orange will look like an odd sort of brown, like too reddish, greenish, or bluish. Yellow and red are close enough that they kind of work, but the result is not a perfectly neutral brown.

I just made a brown beam, but the divergence on that thing was nearly 2" dia. Need a focal adapter. Is that what butt plugs are for. Oh, and run time was only a few seconds.:crackup:

For those that mmay get offended, it's a play on words. Butt plug is an eletrical connector of some sort.

I thought it was a banana plug ? xD

I really wouldn't want to walk into a electrical wholesale and ask for a butt plug .

Last edited:

djQUAN

banana plug is a connector. He probably meant butt connectors which are crimped to join wires.

banana plug:
url

butt connector:
12694d1235502403-comprehensive-guide-splicing-speaker-wire-butt-connectors.jpg

This was actually going to be my next poll. I had already written the explanatory text:

A friend of mine bought a black laser on AliExpress. At first I thought he meant black anodized host until he showed me how it worked. Shined on a white wall two or three yards away the dot is absolutely black, so black it almost hurts your eyes to look at it. At night, in the vicinity of a streetlight (but not too close) the effect is spectacular, especially on a misty night. Each droplet of mist that passes through the beam turns absolutely black. Of course that's not Rayleigh suction, just Tyndall subtraction, but still pretty impressive.

So I went to AliExpress to buy one, only my jaw dropped when I saw the price. I couldn't even afford 1 mW. Fortunately they had brown lasers on sale, so I got one of those.

The color is not the sort of muddy brown you get on those cheap brown LEDs: this is absolutely pure brown like you've never seen it before. Unfortunately, they never said what the wavelength was, so I was wondering if people here could help me out. What is the wavelength of pure brown?

Sounds like a really shitty wavelength.

banana plug is a connector. He probably meant butt connectors which are crimped to join wires.

banana plug:
url

butt connector:
12694d1235502403-comprehensive-guide-splicing-speaker-wire-butt-connectors.jpg

I know of banana plugs , never herd the term butt connectors , I always called them crimp connectors .

Last edited:
No, I was actually thinking of the mutiplug connecters (they were called butt plugs) that are like an extension cord but no cord in between. We had them way back when, and I believe they were the cause for a lot of house fires. You can probably still get them at a dollar$ store.

Last edited: