Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What is happened to DTR?

19 days ago I sent money to Mr. Jordan for a pricey green diode.
I haven't received the diode yet, I do not have any tracking number, and the worst thing is that Jordan do not reply to my multiple mails.
Strange behavior, because the Jordan that I remember always reply to the mails pretty fast.
Anyone has notice about him?
By the way: I had a similar issue also the past year ...

GSS

He posted somewhat recently about some certain issue's and maby some orders being somewhat delayed.
I can't remember the specific's but I guess you can find it through his postings.
As far as other late shipping he did have a major move into a new house and health issue's too.

Edit: He posted Dec 5 about it.

I believe there was supposed to be a delay because his employee/helper was going to be gone for a couple of weeks. But, that should have cleared up as of today. I'm not sure what the earlier problems were, but I know others have complained about this same issue. Hope you get information on your diode soon. I'm sure you have tried email and PMs, so I won't ask about that. Sorry to hear about this as I know how frustrating it can be.

Ok, I received just now a pre-shipment advise from Paypal.
After 19 days Paypal advise me that they have received a shipment label, so the diode was not sent yet.
19 days from the payment the shipment is again in awaiting-status, very interesting fact.
I understand that everyone can have personal issues during his life, but next time couldl be a nice thing to warn the buyer about
the possible delay in shipment due to personal reasons.
I was planning to finish my new green laser just in time to put it under the Christmas tree.
Now we are in the middle of the Christmas festivites, and I will see the diode surely around the middle of January,
whereas I will have the usual import problems with customs.
I would never have ordered a diode just in the middle of Christmas vacations for the well-knowed festivities delays.
This time DTR was no correct, regretteble to say this.

I agree, I remember dealing with him over the course of a couple years and his performance has declined. Last purchase I believe I waited almost a month just to get it shipped. If he's getting overwhelmed then a good idea might be to hire someone or close up for a while to catch up, rather than have people getting upset that their order isn't going through.

Hi All
I put in very large orders to DTR and he always delivers. Everyone has a life and not always smelling sweet. So just be patient an give time a chance . Just be thankful we have him available for all his great products. Chinese delivery takes eternity you all know ,just show some appreciation. Relax..

Rich:)

I get why one would be unhappy waiting 19 days for a diode they planned on using as a Christmas present. I gave two lasers this year, but had everything I needed in my stock. It defeats the purpose of having a Christmas present if you cannot get it in a timely manner. Also, since eBay changed their shipping routine from China, I have been getting my items from there in just nine days.

I have always received my items from DTR over the years and yes shipping has been slower than it used to be this last year, I would suggest everyone plan on slower shipping for the foreseeable future and order early if time is critical.
We all appreciate DTR and I know we want him to continue to fill our needs and bring us new items that we can count on being as advertised.

Last edited:

DTR

19 days ago I sent money to Mr. Jordan for a pricey green diode.
I haven't received the diode yet, I do not have any tracking number, and the worst thing is that Jordan do not reply to my multiple mails.
Strange behavior, because the Jordan that I remember always reply to the mails pretty fast.
Anyone has notice about him?
By the way: I had a similar issue also the past year ...

Sorry last week was very chaotic which I noted in my store thread(which probably was not seen by everyone) I might be short on email responses for a bit which I know is frustrating but I just did not have time to get to the massive pile of messages(get usually 50+ sometimes 100+ a day and very easy to get quite a bit behind and have to choose weather to fill orders or email all day sometimes. This will be a lot better with Auggie back as of Tuesday and we have been building eyes open to eyes closed and will continue the next few days to get caught up. I have also been trying to get though messages which you were up on the list which is the first I saw of this so I am sorry about that.

On the time unless I am missing something I was pretty confused with the 19 days you mentioned as there was not anything near that old that I could think of but quick check and I see 12/9 from the email saying payment done so maybe there was some confusion there and was sent on Tuesday 12/18. Let me know if that is not right as that would be 9 days(6-7 business days) which is too long either way so not good but double that would be very bad for sure. Sorry I have tried to keep to a 3-4 business day as I have been doing training with Auggie but was a bum rush last week trying to get stuff in by christmas and Aug was taking some time to go see his dad in Florida so I was alone. Anything in system now should be out before the weekend as we have made pretty good progress the last two days and going forward I see things speeding up considerably.

Been pretty exhausting getting him up to speed and coming off a previous job where he had been going without a break for a while needed last week to get rested and ready.

I am sorry things are not as snappy as they used to be and my messaging has been poor at best. Hope you can understand I just could not do this all my self anymore and so tired after 9 years of 7 day a week working every conscious moment. For the long run things should move forward at a great pace as i see that spark and energy in Auggie I had and maybe even give me the time to get back to testing and innovating which is what gave me that drive.

Everything clear now, sorry for the question!
Unfortunately working every day with Amazon , DHL and FedEx I took the habit of ultra-fast deliveries :rolleyes:

GSS

I have always received my items from DTR over the years and yes shipping has been slower than it used to be this last year, I would suggest everyone plan on slower shipping for the foreseeable future and order early if time is critical.
We all appreciate DTR and I know we want him to continue to fill our needs and bring us new items that we can count on being as advertised.
This ^^^^^ and what Lifetime said^^^^^^^^
Seems members don't read reply's to their question's of reasons why or even if they did still want a audience to hear them whine and complain about waiting for something like it's never happened to anyone else.
Even somewhat stretching order times but never mentioning the all the other 100 times "everything" else came in timely manner.:rolleyes:
Dtr isn't some cheesy seller but a great source here with a 100% guarentee that he will make things right and "DID" post about delay's yet people still chime in on his ""personal"" sales thread saying they can find things cheaper on ebay, yeah that's classy..:mad:
One upset post is enough.. and by the way some people start planning and buying for the next Christmas as soon the new New Year's starts.

Last edited:
hi GSS, Yes great point he has delivered on time in the past countless amount . But I dont get some folks undermining a guys sales with oh you can get that cheaper on Ebay .I know its a personal choice but keep it in your hat many know that already. An educated consumer will find that on their own. At least at DTR you have peace of mind buying. Some overseas vendors have better prices sure but it is still a gamble plus waiting long. periods of time . The Chinese are very competitive in sales and buy in massive quantity ..

Hi All
I put in very large orders to DTR and he always delivers. Everyone has a life and not always smelling sweet. So just be patient an give time a chance . Just be thankful we have him available for all his great products. Chinese delivery takes eternity you all know ,just show some appreciation. Relax..

I was actually gonna say this very thing, I agree and we should definitely be very thankful we have him. if we didn't have him, I personally believe this hobby would be a little more difficult to have.

Guys if you ever need something go to Jordan's store and email him directly. Doing threw lpf he might not see them! Jordan is a rockstar here on the forum. He always makes good on what he offers. He is the one that came up with the 510 thread for mechmods and vapes so you could use a laser with either. he offers a quality product! He often throws in some thing extra like those lens things if you have a big order. He is just like every one else he has a life out side of LPF and he needs sleep and he does get sick! Give the guy a break. Jordan does a ton of testing new diodes on his time and a lot of other things most would prob not know.

We have been as a community have been burned by long time members before DTR, JayRob, Lifetime, and others are not the ones to worry about they will always deliver as quick as they are able to. This is not a cheap hobby, Shipments do go missing time to time, And the postal inspectors do make off with stuff! Or confiscate it because it breaks the law! Most of the time is they steal it for them self's! So please email our main suppliers if you have questions dont just post something on here they might not see it as being busy trying to get things out.

This is quite a humble reply and why I like DTR. (Besides of course that he sells good stuff)

Lots of people get all huffy about things. He could have argued about it being exactly 19 days at length, etc, etc, etc. You know how it goes with some people..., instead he was very nice about it.

And he apologized. I know that you hear the "customer is always right", but lately I personally have been getting more and more sellers, especially on ebay, that don't deliver and want to argue about it. Its happened more times than I care to think about.

He may not have been on here forever (funny!!!) :) - but he's always been nice and easy to deal with and comes through. Just my .02.

Sorry last week was very chaotic which I noted in my store thread(which probably was not seen by everyone) I might be short on email responses for a bit which I know is frustrating but I just did not have time to get to the massive pile of messages(get usually 50+ sometimes 100+ a day and very easy to get quite a bit behind and have to choose weather to fill orders or email all day sometimes. This will be a lot better with Auggie back as of Tuesday and we have been building eyes open to eyes closed and will continue the next few days to get caught up. I have also been trying to get though messages which you were up on the list which is the first I saw of this so I am sorry about that.

On the time unless I am missing something I was pretty confused with the 19 days you mentioned as there was not anything near that old that I could think of but quick check and I see 12/9 from the email saying payment done so maybe there was some confusion there and was sent on Tuesday 12/18. Let me know if that is not right as that would be 9 days(6-7 business days) which is too long either way so not good but double that would be very bad for sure. Sorry I have tried to keep to a 3-4 business day as I have been doing training with Auggie but was a bum rush last week trying to get stuff in by christmas and Aug was taking some time to go see his dad in Florida so I was alone. Anything in system now should be out before the weekend as we have made pretty good progress the last two days and going forward I see things speeding up considerably.

Been pretty exhausting getting him up to speed and coming off a previous job where he had been going without a break for a while needed last week to get rested and ready.

I am sorry things are not as snappy as they used to be and my messaging has been poor at best. Hope you can understand I just could not do this all my self anymore and so tired after 9 years of 7 day a week working every conscious moment. For the long run things should move forward at a great pace as i see that spark and energy in Auggie I had and maybe even give me the time to get back to testing and innovating which is what gave me that drive.