Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Water proof Blu-ray

Krutz

..and, about your lens:

i looked around a good while to find AR-coated glass.
i tested several "uv blocking cameralenses", they all reflect much worse than my glasses, for example. and get really expensive too. no way to tell how well they are AR-coated before holding them in your hands, the ads are close to lieing..

however:
there are extremely well coated "lenses" for flashlights, called "UCL" for "ultra clear lens". many different sizes, all round of course, several strengths as well:
UCL® Lens

i got one around 50mm, a bit less than 2mm strength i think. it was easy to cut with a common glasscutter. both sides are AR-coated, and wow, what a coating! much better than my (too expensive) ar-coating on my glasses, you barely see the reflection on a lightbulb! its like you hold something in your hand, you feel it, but cant see it! its pretty impressive!
the coating is pretty tough too, gently rubbing it to clean is no problem.

holding it into a laserbeam, i cant surely measure any difference in power at all.

a 100mw green laser has so little reflection that you dont see a second dot at all.

well, i guess i already convinced you a page ago, for less than 10$ a piece.. but damn, this stuff amazes me! :)

manuel

hope this helps! they have many different diameters, like dozens! have a look if yours is among them!

manuel

what the heck! you really can pop balloons under water? damn! would have bet its impossible! you can fill a balloon with water and put a lighters flame directly at it, it wont break! so i was sure the surrounding water would transfer the heat waaaay too fast! nice find! :)

did you do anything with the switch? i guess its easy to get the front watertight. but the back end, i dont know.. perhaps glue the tailcap to the host?

manuel

It never once leaked at the location of the switch.:) It only leaked at the lens, which is an easy fix.:) And yes you can pop balloons underwater!!!

..and, about your lens:

hope this helps! they have many different diameters, like dozens! have a look if yours is among them!

manuel

Thanks for the link, but unfortionately it doesn't look like they sell 19mm lenses.:( That's the size I need.

You should get an underwater case for a camera, get balloon full of air, and pop it underwater so we can see the big air bubble rise to the top!

That glow in the dark o-ring is sweet! And i second the request for a video of an underwaterr balloon pop:D

Yes...I know I can't spell:)

Actually the 2 main things that I want to try is to see if I can get some water proof canon fuse and some water proof matches to light under water using this laser. When I replace my diode...I will video tape all of it!:)

When the diode was working..I was able to pop black balloons under water! Unfortionately my battery on my camera was dead.

Also I will let you in on a little secret...it's easy to get balloons under water....They are called water balloons!!.....or just air filled balloons with heavy weights on them.:)
That is not possible... :-/

For a fire to start you need oxygen, and there is no oxygen in the water.
The balloons pop due to the latex weakening from the heat of the laser, and then ripping because the latex which is constanly under pressure from the air inside, which causes the balloon to stretch.
But lighting something is a whole different thing.

Krutz

hmm, fuse definitely burns without external oxygen, its basically gunpowder in a cotton string, brings its own oxidizer. wont work with matches, i guess so as well. the bigger problem (with the fuse) imho will be the water removing any heat from whatever you lase.. but then i said that too for balloons, so i'm curious what will happen!
oh, how about electrical tape? ;-)

manuel

question, how many meters deep this lasr can go?? rayfoss host i tested it can go a maximum of 7 meters

That is not possible... :-/

For a fire to start you need oxygen, and there is no oxygen in the water.
The balloons pop due to the latex weakening from the heat of the laser, and then ripping because the latex which is constanly under pressure from the air inside, which causes the balloon to stretch.
But lighting something is a whole different thing.

Waterproof cannon fuse should light

AHHHH!!!!!!....I finally got my new lens in!!!!!!!!!! 100% no leaking now!!!!. Blu-ray looks amazing underwater!!!! Bright Blue Beam!!!!!!

001-2.jpg

Exposure time is 1/5 of a sec!!!!....seriously bright blue beam!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):)
002-2.jpg

I will be playing around with this one for a while. My red diode was able to pop balloons under water....I wunder if this one can too!!!!!

Last edited:
Video JUST IN OF IT POPPING A BLACK BALLOON UNDERWATER!!
I tried to light some waterproof cannon fuse, but all it does is crackle(POPING NOISES)....it won't ignite it.:(

AWESOME VIDEO.. that beam looks amazing.. whats the specs? is that the 6x you said you were going to put in?

-Adrian

AWESOME VIDEO.. that beam looks amazing.. whats the specs? is that the 6x you said you were going to put in?

-Adrian

That is a SF-AW running at 220mA. Output is unknown. The glass lens that I got isn't AR coated, but it's still able to pop balloons underwater. I still need to find one that is the right size and is also AR coated.

schweet Heath!... If I send you a host head will u be able to make me a couple of heatsinks?.

schweet Heath!... If I send you a host head will u be able to make me a couple of heatsinks?.

jander6442.....I might be able to. You could just send me some dimensions. Then I will let you know. :)

ID: Ø 0.468 +.002 -.000
OD: ?
Length: ?

Last edited: