Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Water proof Blu-ray

Cool Heath. I bet you were puckered up good during you underwater time test...with the recent luck you've been having.:gj::kewlpics::worthy:

My favorite part about this thread is when you said.

Still I am happy that I found that lense in my pile of junk....and my mother always wonders why I keep all of that stuff around.:)

You never know what you can use to make somthing work. My mom wonders too...

ZRTMWA

You should try lighting a waterproof match underwater. Or at least popping a balloon.

It's official now!!!
It's not a Blu-Ray though...I am all out of Blu-Ray diodes.:(
001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

Time to go buy some balloons to see if I can get them to pop under water!!.....
Also, I think that this is due to the bad seal around the lens...(My original lens broke..read the thread from the begining) , but When I press the switch under water it does leak at the lens. When I turn it on above water and then place it under, it doesn't leak. I can't wait to replace the lens to see if it still leaks when the switch is turned on or off. I am confident that it wont.

Suggestions...Comments...I welcome them. :)
Later,
Iskor12

EDIT: FYI It's a LOC running at 390mA.

Last edited:
Confirmation....Balloons do pop under water!! Unfortionately my camera is out of bateries and I can't find my charger....I will look for it tomorrow!

This morning...I mistakenly shorted out my driver and sent 500+mA to the diode and killed it. That's what I get for not protecting the driver from the aluminum. My fault...I should have prevented it, but I was to eager to pop balloons under water.

Well it's going to be almost 3 to 5 weeks before I can get more diodes...

Ok...I decided to splurg a little...so I went ahead and ordered a 6X diode to put in this puppy.:) Hopefully it will be here by next weekend.

Gosh I want to see the baloons under water I don't care if you can pop them there or not I just want to see the ballons underwater LOL :na:

It's official now!!!
Time to go buy some balloons to see if I can get them to pop under water!!.....
Suggestions...Comments...I welcome them. :)
Later,
Iskor12

EDIT: FYI It's a LOC running at 390mA.

Gosh I want to see the baloons under water I don't care if you can pop them there or not I just want to see the ballons underwater LOL :na:

Yes...I know I can't spell:)

Actually the 2 main things that I want to try is to see if I can get some water proof canon fuse and some water proof matches to light under water using this laser. When I replace my diode...I will video tape all of it!:)

When the diode was working..I was able to pop black balloons under water! Unfortionately my battery on my camera was dead.

Also I will let you in on a little secret...it's easy to get balloons under water....They are called water balloons!!.....or just air filled balloons with heavy weights on them.:)

Last edited:
My heat sinks are finally done!
Here are some picks.
006-1.jpg

Perfect diameter...doesn't move inside the host.:)
010-1.jpg

Here is what they look like next to a Pocket Mini Heat Sink. Notice that they are a little bit larger.
011-2.jpg

012-2.jpg

After playing around with these, I have found that the length that I gave for the Heat Sink dimensions was a little bit too long. I need to take about .005 to .010 inches off of the length. (I already updated the original dimensions on the first page.)

Comments, suggestions, I welcome them.:)
Thanks,
Iskor12

Last edited:
I have received the 6x blu-ray and here is the out come.

The o-ring on the lens is glow in the dark green so it really lights up when the laser is on.
007-2.jpg

008-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

It is obvious that this thread is going to die, but as I had promised, I will continue to update it untill my build is 100% complete.
Thanks for reading.
Comments, questions, I welcome them.
Thanks,
Iskor12

I've always wanted water proof lasers for the longest time, and seeing you make this is amazing! It's awesome seeing your results.

However doesn't that lens reflect quite a bit of light? Best way to tell is to take the lens out and shine through it, see how much reflects on the wall behind you.

Yes and no....It does lower the power of the laser some. I shatered the original lens, which I believe was AR coated. I don't think that the one that I replaced it with is AR coated. There is a local glass company that I plan on contacting to see if the can make me some 405nm AR coated lenses for this build. I have simply been to busy to find out though.

Still, This laser even with the lens on it, can easily sting my skin almost instantly with it not being focused. It still has plenty of power even after the lens.

FYI: I am using the Jayrob 405nm AR coated lens mod:)

Thanks for your complement:)

Krutz

what the heck! you really can pop balloons under water? damn! would have bet its impossible! you can fill a balloon with water and put a lighters flame directly at it, it wont break! so i was sure the surrounding water would transfer the heat waaaay too fast! nice find! :)

did you do anything with the switch? i guess its easy to get the front watertight. but the back end, i dont know.. perhaps glue the tailcap to the host?

manuel