Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The time has come for $250 Direct green diodes

Re: The time has come for $250 Direct green didoes

matt, rhd's green diodes weren't significantly more expensive than these are now :p

From what I knew, they were $1000+ :/ unless you know something I don't and something not what he posted? Or perhaps he got them cheap for some reason :/

Last edited:

I can't really reveal more, but he got them for only a bit more than what they are being sold for here. I know this for a fact.

I can't really reveal more, but he got them for only a bit more than what they are being sold for here. I know this for a fact.

Lucky man, well I'll take your word for it then :) $250 is still an awesome price :na:

Grix

From what I knew, they were $1000+ :/ unless you know something I don't and something not what he posted? Or perhaps he got them cheap for some reason :/

From his thread:

Though I'll mention that their cost was not nearly in the range of what sample diodes like the exotic 488 and 473s cost. Think of this sort of like those 445s that started popping up a year or so before the KasEO diodes.

The cas1o diodes were about $500 or lower before we discovered the "secret".

Blord

Can you change the title to "diodes" ? Now it resembles a toy for women's. :shhh:

Hiemal

Ah, I found ze email.

Jared:

5X over $50, but $50 is the target for high quantities in the near future (this year).

Will Roberts, Owner

So yep. :na:

From his thread:

The cas1o diodes were about $500 or lower before we discovered the "secret".

Well the more you know :/ Huh, alright then. After that he's posted a couple times saying the cheapest sources he can find are $1250.

Can you change the title to "diodes" ? Now it resembles a toy for women's. :shhh:

FIXED :na:

Ah, I found ze email.

Jared:

5X over $50, but $50 is the target for high quantities in the near future (this year).

Will Roberts, Owner

Well then, we'll see where that goes. Did he give you permission to post that? I've already gotten flak about posting personal emails. The fact that I had permission to settled that issue, but I don't want people posting things they didn't have rights to. You know?

rhd

- Laser66 is legit

- Matt / me didn't pay $1000. What I've said, is that since the thread we posted last year, every subsequent quote that I've gotten from someone who had these diodes in stock, was for $1000+ per diode.

- Bloompyle asked me to post the specs in this thread. Not sure why, there's really no spec I have, that the forum doesn't already: 8.5V, 200mA, and they're a 3.8mm diode package with roughly the same divergence specs as single mode blues.

Fiddy

i thought it was "<515nm, 50mW CW.
They are 3.8mm devices, and operate at up to 160 mA, 7.3 volts, typical.
Divergence is 6 X 22 deg."

Last edited:
- Laser66 is legit

- Matt / me didn't pay $1000. What I've said, is that since the thread we posted last year, every subsequent quote that I've gotten from someone who had these diodes in stock, was for $1000+ per diode.

- Bloompyle asked me to post the specs in this thread. Not sure why, there's really no spec I have, that the forum doesn't already: 8.5V, 200mA, and they're a 3.8mm diode package with roughly the same divergence specs as single mode blues.

Thank you for clearing some things up :) I did because a lot of people were begging for them and you're the only one here with first hand experience of the actual diodes themselves.

rhd

i thought it was "<515nm, 50mW CW.
They are 3.8mm devices, and operate at up to 160 mA, 7.3 volts, typical.
Divergence is 6 X 22 deg."

I'm just telling you what my info / experience is. You guys don't have to take my word for it, but Broompyle asked me to come comment, so I have. The specs I listed are accurate to the best of my knowledge (and wavelength is likely to be even higher now than it was 4 months ago)

rhd

If we can get a group buy going count me in for one!

Is there any indication that a group buy will make the price anything other than $250 per diode?

I don't think it would... Unless you can do a few hundred direct from mfg.

Is there any indication that a group buy will make the price anything other than $250 per diode?

I don't think it would... Unless you can do a few hundred direct from mfg.

Apparently Will told Quack this:

Ah, I found ze email.

Jared:

Will Roberts, Owner

Either way I don't feel a GB is necessary, but the "next week" time has come. Anybody placed any orders yet?