Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Strike 3 I'm out !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the time has come to depart LPF. I just decided tonight that it was time to go and after several discussions with members and mods. I see way to many dishonest members surf away under the protection of the mods.
I've had two separate members screw me over in the b/s/t section and then watched moderators erase all the mistakes and allow the crooked member to continue. I complain and get blocked and my posts deleted. WTF right! The practice is contagious and more members are turning on others.
Another problem is I have personally had about a dozen of my posts rewritten by mods because they didn't like what I wrote (no freedom of speech I thought that was our first amedment right?).
Also getting trolled by a particular member for awhile now and being neg repped 3 times in the same week for the same post seems a bit in violation of rules but mods are ignoring it.

Also I never made an intro thread since they weren't popular 6 years ago when I joined thought a goodbye one might fill it's place. Yeah this isn't what the welcome section is for but the rest of forum is a disaster so figured it would work.
Yes I contacted 3 or more mods with my issue and have made forum owner aware of my issue. Nothing changed and nothing will. I know when it's time and my money and time will be better off elsewhere. I never got to complete what I intended but that was probably never gonna happen with the current landscape. Probably will sell off everything but no longer trust this place so will be kept or put on e-bay
I doubt for a minute I have made a diffence here and another reason my time and effort will be better spent elsewhere. If I return even I will be surprised.
Later :)

Goodbye starlight,

It's always sad to see a member on LPF leave the forum & the hobby. Im sure you understand every forum will have it's fair share of rude people and you just need to power through it(like I have been). In the end though, only you know what is best for you. I hope you the best wherever life takes you and succeed in your new hobby my friend :)

Goodbye from Alex A.K.A LeHap/Tha Greenlander/AmazingBeams/CalmingVibes :beer:

-Alex

When I first found LPF I waited 6 months before I joined because I wasn't sure I could fit in here or if I even wanted to, I could clearly see there were some problems here. Once I joined it worked out ok and I feel I have made some friends. I have got into some arguments here before when I stated my opinion on something when I could have said nothing. We have so many people from so many places that think differently from one another, but that makes it interesting at the same time.

There are times when you should not get involved in a disagreement even though you want to, and there are times you shouldn't reply to someone that said something they shouldn't have, but this can also be difficult to do.

To anyone who feels they are being bullied, try to remember you can walk away, you don't have to reply to them. Remember we are only communicating with each other in an online forum, it's not like we are all together in the same room face to face with each other. We are physically safe from one another. No one can punch you, trip you, or give you a wedgie.

Alan

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Carl, I Know that you've probably made up your mind to leave, but I do hope you'll reconsider. I hate to see the hobby (us) lose more veterans, hell, you've been here for 6 years, you should stick around and get your LPF pension. ;)
I just checked your rep history, and it looks like someone is agreeing with you, I see all the neg. reps are gone!

Besides, we need all the Michiganders we can get, and even more importantly, who's going to keep me informed about all the car shows?
Seriously though, take a break if you need to, but come on back; suprise yourself! :)

Jeff

D

Deleted member 16589

Don't let the trolls win too many good members have been trolled off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you do not close your account starlight. Ignore the members that bother/troll you. Maybe take the summer off. Enjoy your loved ones and be back in the fall. I wish you reconsider :/

Gabe

Well, your choice is your choice starlight. People come and go I suppose. I don't know you very well, so I don't know your niche(s) in this community, but it seems like you will be missed by many nonetheless. I can do nothing but wish you the best in your future endeavours, and hope you will come back when you feel right. This forum does need all the vets it can get. Best wishes.
-Gabe :beer:

A lot of us have had "reputable" members take advantage of us.

Not a reason to leave. Just a reason to be more careful in the b/s/t.

Sorry to see someone on here that long, leave. :(

Last edited:

ARG

I've had two separate members screw me over in the b/s/t section and then watched moderators erase all the mistakes and allow the crooked member to continue.

No goods or money was ever mishandled or misappropriated in either of the cases. The fact is that human errors were made, and corrected but you still decided to make a song and dance about nothing. We never erased the facts, only your (strongly worded) opinions about the facts.

Another problem is I have personally had about a dozen of my posts rewritten by mods because they didn't like what I wrote (no freedom of speech I thought that was our first amedment right?).

Finally, let me make this clear for everyone, free speech is not protected on private websites. The moderators here can remove inappropriate posts without violating anyone's right to free speech. Free speech means the government can't arrest you for what you say; it doesn't mean that anyone has to listen to your nonsense or host you while you share it.

Sorry to hear you leave!
I enjoyed the posts you had that I was able to read.
This site can be a snake pit at times. Good luck with your path!

Shame to see another member leave when the hobby is so small :(
When you sell your 589 for 5$, let me know first ;)

I 'feel' ya..

I had to 'outlast' some trolls but I am here and they are gone so==I win

do come back if you can.. Len

Encap

You have a really nice laser collection you spent considerable time and money on which I am sure you have enjoyed and you have 6 years of reading about an discussing on LFP, which for the most part you have enjoyed also.

Sounds, on the face of it, like perhaps there are lot of other "issues" involved.

Maybe reconsider, if not now, at a time when possible for you to do so.

sinner

I 'feel' ya..

I had to 'outlast' some trolls but I am here and they are gone so==I win

do come back if you can.. Len

Haha, true that.. although this might not be the case its sad to hear this from a long time member. I honestly think that we are getting a bit too harsh on others and not every argument needs to be moderated sometimes it happens when two people tend to be on the opposing side of it, but what's important is our discussions should always be civil and lead to a productive outcome. you may not feel like posting here anymore only because a few members hurt your feelings and what about the rest of them? you're only giving the wrong idea yourself.. :tsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.