Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sneak-Peak From the"'Dark Horse" labs

hey dh, any news on a purple anodized groove?
and doesnt jayrob have the tap for aixiz lenses?, coulnt dh just machine more aesthetically appealing lens nuts from aluminum, then use jayrobs tap?

nastynick said:
and doesnt jayrob have the tap for aixiz lenses?, coulnt dh just machine more aesthetically appealing lens nuts from aluminum, then use jayrobs tap?
I'm pretty sure D_H has a tap ::)

i just remeber reading that jayrob has the aixiz tap in the thread about making the blu ray lense adapter. ahah, Im sure he does, just putting one and one together

nastynick said:

Which Purple-Groove?
It would cost alot more to make these little focus-rings from scratch. I am not sure there would be any interest in such items at a "100-fold" increase in the cost for these now, just to be from aluminum. That is why I developed the Ap-Cap to just press onto the focus-ring. It eliminates the "lens-wiggle", helps to maitain your "focus-setting" and provides a mount for a small auxillary-lens.
BTW, I do have the taps for these threads ;)
I have however ordered the materials to plate these in "Black-Crome", that should make them very pretty. I should know how it works in about a week, stay tuned. Thanks to everyone for your ideas. Let us know how we can help out.

Here is a pic of a batch of Full-Bodys just out of the anodizing-bath.
DH

Attachments

• IMG_3021_Medium.JPG
    IMG_3021_Medium.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 102

Kenom

Dark_Horse said:
[quote author=nastynick link=1234125150/80#82 date=1237064411]hey dh, any news on a purple anodized groove?

he is referring to one of the Krytons I recently sent to you. I'm having it anodized for him and he's very anxious to get it in hand.

Kenom said:
[quote author=Dark_Horse link=1234125150/80#85 date=1237126697][quote author=nastynick link=1234125150/80#82 date=1237064411]hey dh, any news on a purple anodized groove?

he is referring to one of the Krytons I recently sent to you.  I'm having it anodized for him and he's very anxious to get it in hand.[/quote]

On the way to you Ken ;)

Attachments

• IMG_3090_Medium.JPG
    IMG_3090_Medium.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 91

Kenom

Those are some VERY nice purple barrels bud. I know there are a ton of folks taht got yucky purple from my anodizer.
Ken

Kenom

Powdercoat does act as an insulator but so does anodizing.

the amount of insulation provided by anodizing is
Negligible. If your aluminum isn't anodized it will build up aluminum oxide which will insulate just as much but will look like crap. White powdery crap. IMO all aluminum, unless it needs to make an electrical connection, should be anodized. It's like .0005" thick... Won't make a heatsinking difference. On the other hand, powdercoating is .003 to .005 inches thick on average but a thicker coat could be as thick as .020... Specialty powder coating can go up to an eighth of an inch.