Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Sneak-Peak From the"'Dark Horse" labs

There is a section in Sam's Laser FAQ, that mentions the thermal-properties of various finishes and materials, (I cannot seam to find it right now. The author's opinion is that a matte-finish anodize on aluminum is about the most efficient with all thing considered. Powder-coating would be like a thermal-blanket, the two finishes are not really in the same class for thermal or durability-properties.

GooeyGus

D_H, please correct me if I'm wrong here,

But as far as the focusing rings go I think he has the materials but hasn't tried to do a lens yet.

daguin

GooeyGus said:
D_H, please correct me if I'm wrong here,

But as far as the focusing rings go I think he has the materials but hasn't tried to do a lens yet.

Cool. I just have a couple here that would benefit from a dark focus ring.

Peace,
dave

GooeyGus

Oh, here is the latest barrel to come out of Dark_horse labs...

This was the barrel that I had for sale, where I offered the option to pick ANY anodizing color/finish/effect, as well as any diode you wanted.

This particular person wanted a dark blue and black marble/swirly effect with a 6x diode.

Now, after seeing these pictures, you (as in anyone reading this thread :p ) may just feel bad that you didn't jump on the deal ;D ;D

lasersbee

Hey Gooey... it looks like from the writing on the wall (hand)...  your memory may
be starting to slip.... ::) ;D

Jerry

daguin said:
Did the black chrome work out for the focus rings?

Peace,
dave
I did get the chemicals and your bag of focus-rings, but I have not had a chance to play with them yet, but I expect it to work well.

daguin

Dark_Horse said:
[quote author=daguin link=1234125150/80#99 date=1238533868]Did the black chrome work out for the focus rings?
Peace,
dave
I did get the chemicals and your bag of focus-rings, but I have not had a chance to play with them yet, but I expect it to work well.[/quote]

No problem.  I was just following up.

No body is waiting on anyting

Peace,
dave

Kenom

that my friend is a very nice laser barrel. I also got a very pretty green one that I will be posting a picture of here very shortly. Very nice and I think if my anodizer had the green dark horse used, we would have gotten more green requests.

Dark_Horse

Kenom said:
that my friend is a very nice laser barrel.  I also got a very pretty green one that I will be posting a picture of here very shortly.  Very nice and I think if my anodizer had the green dark horse used, we would have gotten more green requests.
Thanks,
I could not find a "532-ish green" so I mixed it up myself, I like it much better than the two shades I bought.

Dark_Horse

A few more barrels finished. The green-marble still had some anodizing in the grooves from the previous finish, so it did not dye there, an interesting-effect, but unfortunately, likley means a re-do for this one.
The blue-marble turned-out excellent, as expected. It will get to go onto it's new owner in the morning.
The violet-marble is the first one I have anodized for myself, the pictures just do not do it justice. it will soon be outfitted with a 6x diode. This will be my first "Groove" for myself. Thanks for these great barrels Ken! ;)
DH

Attachments