Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SHIPPING!!& DELIVERY ASAP UPDATE!!Laserprojector group buy # 4 Time to send PAYMENTS

Tmack

Re: Laserprojector group buy # 4

Oh wow. That's exactly what I need. Thanks again lol. The $70 one looks perfect. The manual does very little explaining the DMX features in reference to what is needed. It only shows what to do when your setup. Looks like ill be placing an order for that $70 one very soon. You've been very helpful Wendy .

Tmack

The link you provided looks more than adequate. For under $100 you could really unleash the potential of the unit. Although I'm still very pleased with its stock designs, it's lk ways nice to know you can totally customize your show.

Hii Hak,
I would be interested in a LK-3D unit. Please put me on the list, thank you

Pman

I have a quality 6 channel controller that I purchased so that I can use the effects wheel at the same time as the ILDA (QS) but I haven't tried them together yet.
I believe you won't be able to control everything with a DMX controller unless it has enough channels for every pattern. The PD2 has 19 channels and I believe you have to spend quite a lot to get a stand alone controller that do everything the unit is capable of. That $70 one is a 12 x 16 channel so unless I'm mistaken it won't do every effect. Confused about it still. I do know that the 6 channel unit I purchased will make it switch it's effect wheel alone without the ILDA as I tried it.
Going to have to do both at the same time and see what happens.

Tmack

As long as I can control the basic motion of the lasers I'm ok with it. Dollar sign patterns and spelling hello don't interest me much.

Hopefully that controller will be able to just control the basic motions so I can design my own patterns on the fly.

So bubble not completely busted. So put that pin away pman!!!!!! ;)

added some new folks ( must stop using 'guys' now that Wendy has joined)
forgot to add lonepine- IIRC he wants a LK PD2

some wanted to go ahead and PAY so as long as you dont start jumping up and down in the back seat with "are we there yets' over and over- feel free to PM me for where to send your check or MO -remember i am ta oods with paypal and HATE to give those leeches another dime- PP help two asshats scam two of my best friends out a a LOT of $$ and there is apparently nothing we can do about this - so with few exception you will just have to trust me and pay by other means---sorry not my fault--

all prices listed include free upgraded DH: express- aside from your address I will need a good phone number as DHL requires one.

WELCOME Wendy I see you are fitting in perfectly and already have been helpful- wish I knew much more about DMX--- I am thankful that others do..

len

Pman

I'm not trying to pop anyones bubble:) When I went to the lighting store and picked up the DMX controller I did bring the PD2 and did a quick demo of it. Basically blew them away and made them wish they could sell/rent them (they sell and rent equipment along with setting the stuff up). Kind of wish I had talked to them more about how DMX really works.
DMX alone seems very confusing but it sounds like if you get into DMX with software you get your simplicity of control back. The one thing missing with QS is that as far as I know there's no way to tell the projector to use an effects wheel.
Hey, maybe I'm just an idiot for not understanding the DMX stuff and I'm just making myself out to be a fool...
Maybe Wendy can school us;)

Would like to say that it is an honor to have a woman joining us Wendy. It's a pretty rare occurrence here.

OK, I think you should all go to Wendy's site like NOW.

Last edited:

Tmack

I should have a Dmx controller within the next couple weeks. I'll be sure you report the capabilities of the unit

Tmack

The LK3D draw for me was it's independent operation capabilities. Maybe later on I will have the pc to run more elaborate projectors and software, but till then the LK 3D is more than adequate for my needs

How bright are the colors from the PJ without fog? It looks like there's only 50mW of 532nm? Can you get just beams and dots instead of designs on the wall?

Tmack

You would need the DMX Controller to individuals control separate single beams and dots. But in a fully lit room the patterns are very clear. When the lights are out its nice and bright. The beams are sometimes visible with no fog at all. With fog it looks insane. That's why I want the DMX controller. For the ability to get single beams and the ability to manipulate them individually

bungy

Hak, are you offering Pangolin's Beyond? What is the price if I already have an FB3? I *might* be interested, PM me if need be.

BTW, I highly recommend the LK-PD2 and LK-SD, I own both. The lumia effect on the PD2 is great.

Pman

Thanks for the input Wendy. I have investigated the DMX vs. ILDA and ILDA with QS is the best way to go as the software is written very well. I just wish it could control the effects wheel as the different patters are fantastic and could not be achieved without it.
The 3D unit is fascinating in its own right and way beyond anything else I've ever heard of. It's hard not to desire it for its standalone capabilities. Having DMX hookup is icing on the top.
What I would really like to see is the 3D and PD2 combined . That would be an incredible unit.
Much thanks as always to Len for running another GB on these and t for the review and pics.

As a side note and rather off topic I watched "Sound City" 3 times in the last 2 months when I found it on Amazon videos (you mentioned it on your website Wendy). Fantastic story and LOVE the music throughout.

Last edited:

How bright are the colors from the PJ without fog? It looks like there's only 50mW of 532nm? Can you get just beams and dots instead of designs on the wall?
you may be confused a little==
fog/haze is primarily for BEAM shows
its much less needed for animations and abstracts.
the colors from the Lk 3D are vivid very crisp- super red (638nm)
but a fogger'hazer is not needed for the Lk 3D as its abstracts NOT beams- waves- Liq sky- barrels- tunnel etc.

Imean you will see the beams with fog but as there are SO many its not at all like a beam show.

Wendy VERY impressed with your site- you go girl!!

We ned to get you and your fender to one of our LEMs Tim Walsh does some incredidble laser show with his clarinet-

Ya'll start getting your $$ ready we are moving to the next step- Linna wanst us to place an order0 I will combine ll the GB s into just one UNLESS I do not get a fourth & fifth buyer for the LK RGB5 we need more to get free upgrade from TL 7 color to full color- I know $1248 is a lot but PJs like this one have never been anywhere this cheap- to be 'streetlegal' there is so modding to be done- scanfail- a properly working E-stop= interlocks- a delay start and more- also each operator must also have a variance.
anyway the GB will close no matter how many buyers i get for the full color- those wil have to wait on more buyers--
I can get FB3 with free QS for any of you any time- price it elsewhere then see me our (AixiZ) price will NOT be beaten.

I can also sell you LSX-

I could get you I-Show but won't its a waste of $$ TBH.

@ P-man --yes you need DMX afaik to run QS thru the efx wheels on the LK PD2.0

one 'caution' avoid magnets- especially strong ones anywhere near Galvo motors they work by using magnetic force and a magnet too close would be BAD. If you are attaching a LUMIA to the front of a PJ do it with velcro or some other means but NO magnets near your PJ..

IF you are not on my list in the OP let me know NOW- once the bank transfer is gone you are too late-

My offer to buy back any LK 3D within 30 days is still firm-if its undamaged ship it to me and I will send you a check for $248=n/p

I will be going to 'town' soon to get more Fb3 QS- speak now or wait --

still just $498-16,000 owners can't all be wrong.

list is $595

updates -- free for life
upgrades= you pay the diff.

go to pango site and do some reading- check out the demo .

Used FB3s sell VERY fast and fetch around 350-400$
Some lasershow companies own MANY - and they ONLY come with QS or BEYOND- Pango does not sell them alone AFAIK-

:D

hak

Pman

If you haven't tried being on the receiving end of the laser show with the fog and holding a card or something that can block the beam from hitting your eyes direct you are WAY missing out on a whole other dimension;)

Last edited:

Ya'll start getting your $$ ready we are moving to the next step- Linna wanst us to place an order0 I will combine ll the GB s into just one UNLESS I do not get a fourth & fifth buyer for the LK RGB5 we need more to get free upgrade from TL 7 color to full color- I know $1248 is a lot but PJs like this one have never been anywhere this cheap- to be 'streetlegal' there is so modding to be done- scanfail- a properly working E-stop= interlocks- a delay start and more- also each operator must also have a variance.
anyway the GB will close no matter how many buyers i get for the full color- those wil have to wait on more buyers--

Just want to make sure I understand this correctly, you are ending the GB soon for everyone else but not for the people buying the LK RGB5 until we get enough people (2 more) to get the upgrade to analog full color?