Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SHIPPING!!& DELIVERY ASAP UPDATE!!Laserprojector group buy # 4 Time to send PAYMENTS

Re: Laserprojector group buy # 4

^^^ if any want thier FB3QS I can get that shipped anytime anyone wants to pay for one-
and now I also offer LSX as well( TY Andrew)

As these will not be modified until we pay for them... So some extra time is needed-
Changing from TTL to analog modulation is no super simple task afaik- and until we can be sure of five or more ordered we wait- & I feel the only way we CAN be sure of five buyers is for all five to pay --

I have tried my best to promote all these LK projectors if anyone has ideas for me that will help plz let me know-

and.... almost all PJs FS at Fleabay- that are less than 1200$ and claim to be full color and only ttl-or are crap PJs with underspec lasers and crappy scanners- do not forget tha customer support by Linna has be already proven to be the best-= just how much do we know about other sellers?
not much I fear--

when the cost of almost everything else has risen lately we should be thankful that we can now own a full color PJ of good quality at a price that is LOWER than ever
As a group rather than an individual we get VIP treatment- our reviews will be read my hundreds and our opinions count more,, LK wants us to return for more and that will NOT happen if we are left unhappy.

Last edited:

Re: UPDATE!!Laserprojector group buy # 4 Time to send PAYMENTS

tic toc
time to send hak your payments- some already have- i will do my best to accomidate all but we cannot put this off very ling as many have hoilday plans using these LKs-

if you are short on cash consider the LK 3D at $248 it can be a great way to win over any of your family/friends who have doubts about your sanity and lasers- thier 'WHYS?' will change to 'WOW' when they see how entertaining lasers can be-
I have offered to buy this one back from you within 30 days for ANY reason including going for a different LK projector in GB #5- Cost to return in on you but these can ship very cheaply- they are not big or heavy- unit must still be in 'like-new' condition with all that came with it. The ONLY reason I gave mine up was so Tony could both have his sooner and do a honest review- as so far I am the only forum member who bought one- and i miss it- will be getting at LEAST one more--

SEE the OP

PM is you have been left off the lists or want a different LK or need to drop off for now-
I will understand that lasers come second and our families come first every time-
BUt the LK 3D would not only look good under THE tree but also aimed at it!!

I am fairly sure this PJ is at the very least close to eye safe- as long as you do not 'pause' it with the RC and stare into the beams- while i do see 49mW metered from the white dot we see in some of the patterns -this dot comes and goes very fast- and people are hardly static- if any members can help me confirm this PLEASE PM me asap-- happy turkey day!! hak

Re: Laserprojector group buy # 4

Hak--Thanks for adding me to the list--can you do the below for me? This was one item I was most interested in from our correspondence. If so, I can confirm completely and now. My timeline is like most--I need to use NYE and will be away Christmas so need to figure out what the heck I'm doing it with for the big event :)

"4) Laserface LK SD UPGRADED to 1500mW!! at $660 -confirmed solid"

Thanks for the correspondence, hak... I appreciate your attention to keeping us all in the loop.

So, unless I've missed something here, the GB is moving forward for all items except the LKRGB5 1.4W ANALOG that I was opting in for due to not enough participants.

I congratulate all of you on your future projectors and hak on another awesome GB for the forums.

I am not interested in a spending money on one of the other models at this time and am in no hurry, so I'll just keep my ear to the tracks for future GB's where the LKRGB5 may be back on the table.

I appreciate the hard work by Len and am looking forward to hearing your stories when the PJ's arrive.

I'm officially withdrawing my name from this GB and will wait until we have the LKRGB5/QS bundle at a group rate (5+?) in the future.

Cheers,
Clayton

Move me to the LK 3D list. when did you need the money by?

Hi Hak,
I know I'm really late and new here, but I'd love a LK-3D!
Any chance still of adding me and letting me know how and where to send you the $?

Thanks very much.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter

Hey Hak, I was unable to reply to your PM from yesterday. The system says you must clear out space for more incoming PM's. :)
I will try again later.

Hak--Thanks for adding me to the list--can you do the below for me? This was one item I was most interested in from our correspondence. If so, I can confirm completely and now. My timeline is like most--I need to use NYE and will be away Christmas so need to figure out what the heck I'm doing it with for the big event :)

"4) Laserface LK SD UPGRADED to 1500mW!! at $660 -confirmed solid"

USPS MO arrived today from Brian(bmholbro)

Thanks for the correspondence, hak... I appreciate your attention to keeping us all in the loop.

S

I congratulate all of you on your future projectors and hak on another awesome GB for the forums.

I am not interested in a spending money on one of the other models at this time and am in no hurry, so I'll just keep my ear to the tracks for future GB's where the LKRGB5 may be back on the table.

I appreciate the hard work by Len and am looking forward to hearing your stories when the PJ's arrive.

I'm officially withdrawing my name from this GB and will wait until we have the LKRGB5/QS bundle at a group rate (5+?) in the future.

Cheers,
Clayton

Clayton- you know your are very welcome-

Hi Hak,
I know I'm really late and new here, but I'd love a LK-3D!
Any chance still of adding me and letting me know how and where to send you the $?

Thanks very much.

GREAT PM me for the address to mail your bank check or USPS MO-as we do not ,for sure, ATM have the time needed to wait on personal checks to clear my bank in time to wire all the money to LK- these are a very safe way to pay-only $1.99 at ANY Post Office- pity the fool that commits fraud with one as its a Federal Offence and those guys do not fool around.

My offer to bay back ANY LK 3Ds is extended to all- ship it back in new condition to me within 30 days and I will send you $248-I kinda hope somebody does this as i sent mine off to T-Mack and miss it==

Hey Hak, I was unable to reply to your PM from yesterday. The system says you must clear out space for more incoming PM's. :)
I will try again later.

yes- can you believe it??

more than 10,000 PMs stored - AND I have deleted several hundred a few times already-- soory your had to wait- I got your MO today thanks- I know you will be happy with the LK 3D.

to the rest of the forum:
i can never tell when the last GB will happen-so do NOT count on any more from LK= we have gotten >35 pjs delivered and NO unhappy buyers-
Thus LK and Miss Linna have more than proved how good their PJs and customer service REALLY is.

We barely have enough to move FWD if any fail to pay I will prolly need to send some payments back-

We are, after all, getting an incredible deal

Oh yes-

a few 'full color' 1W PJs for sure at GREEDBAY-for $1000 but I bet NONE are analog- some in China are either ignorant or liars--as every time I contact seller they admit that there PJs are ttl ONLY--but NONE ever change their listings to show this- who would want to buy from them??

Their modules will be underspec- their scanners overrated- and how much do you know about the service after the sale?? zip

If you are like most-- when you get a new laser-SOMEBODY in your life will ASK "WTH?? just how many do you NEED? and besides , really, what good are they? I just dont 'get it'...." so even just the LK 3D at $248 should shut them up for a while--it that does not happen send it to me PLEASE!!
PM me TODAY- for there may be NO TOMORROW .

So whats in your wallet?? what will be the best present under your tree-??
A great gift to your entire family..

hak

Last edited:

Hakzaw1, so if you never have another GB for LK, I have a question:

IJs. So we are saving LK the cost of four transfers-- As a GB and considering we are from the worlds largest Laser forum that also comes into play-our opinions will be read by thousands and thus we get VIP treatment in order to help LK get more buyers 'one hand washng the other' And the last reason why we can get this deal--we have done three LK GBs all went VERY well-LKand Linna are pleased- so I think this free upgrade is also a way that LK is thanking all of us--
also aside from getting TTL blanking instaed of analog modulation and FULL COLOR-you would NOT get dhl express-more likely FedEx-which is not entirely about how fast we get delivery but MORE importantly DHL Express boxes do not seem to EVER get re-inspected---at least in my experiences with dhlExpress >80 boxes sent directly to me or to my GBers-with the seals intact- (JETLASERS ONLY uses DHL Express together JK and I have done eight BGs for somewhere around 90+ lasers shipped w/o any problems)

Ay issues we may have will get VIP treatment-

......one of the assumed requirements of being a part of a GB is the follow-up review and testing- these posts are the advertizing that money cannot buy- yes we got a good price break but we still paid for these , so unlike a free sample we will/should not sugarcoat our opinions hoping to please the makers/sellers and thus get more free samples-slanted reviews are VERY common and some of the best reviewers/testers like 'The LED Museum' will MOSTLY test items paid for- We have seen cases where the seller knew the item was going to be reviewed and thus they 'cherry picked' and sadly when other bought some were far from perfect.-and yiu are pretty much stuck with what you got- return shipping is on the buyer in almost ALL cases (JL is an exception) and so is the subsquent shipping back to the buyer- so the warranty is a joke- Would you want to pay 150$ in shipping to get ANYTHING fixed for "FREE"??
[/B]
hope this helps--Len:san:

I just don't have those kind of funds available right now, which is why I'm dipping my toes in the pool for a LK-3D in the GB. But as I used to perform laser shows decades ago, I can see I'll be thinking about something like the LK RGB5 with mod sometime later, perhaps in 2014. :undecided:

I know too little to help much with a Mac-but there are others that can help you. I have plans to get one very soon and will also be looking for help.
here are some options- skip the LK3D and find a way to get the LKPD2=
it is ready for ILDA/PC-is quite powerful with vivid crisp colors(helped by the much preferred 638nm red)- and it does some nifty tricks that until now have never been seen- see the review pics- proof of a good deal at $515?? I sold two LKPD2 on Greedbay for 700$ each.

BUT I understand that you gotta do what you gotta do. IF I get asked to do another LK GB in 2014 and the buyers are there I certainly WILL do a GB #5 BUT I am sure if its for the free stuff and the modulation upgrade we will again need 5 buyers-
& this is not easy as demonstrated by how hard it has been to get five this time- Please also keep in mind that aside form the modes built ins or DMX control you WILL need to buy a soft for lasershow control PLUS the correct DAC- not all play nice with each other-my biggest seller has been Pangolin Quick Show and its DAC Flash Back 3 , this DAC works ONLY with QS and BEYOND. iirc there are 16,000 QS owners- Pango has been doing this for >26 years.
,,,,at a SMRP of $595 for QSFB3 this looks to be crazy expensive- but if you look at the very best like Pango's more professional line LK 2000 and its DAC QM- we are talking about $5000-

I sell for AixiZ laser here in Houston and they allow me to get the QSFB3 for forum friends at $498-lowest USA price.

So my friend Wendy-- your check for the Lk 3D in now in my bank but I would be happy to use that to get you the 500=mW RGB ttl LKPD2.0-
if you can get the difference in price-$267-more--atm you are NOT locked in to get the LK 3D-

Last edited:

Tmack

If anyone happens to grab a DMX controller for their LK 3D I would appreciate some feedback. I will probably be grabbing one regardless , but if anyone beats me to it, the info would be greatly appreciated. I've been having little private shows every few nights with mine. The family really does like it. And hak was completely right about winning over the non supporters. " wow all this laser stuff, you should think about doing stage lighting" opposed to the last time " what's up with all those expensive laser pointers, what do you use them for?" Lol good call Len :beer:

I'm kinda looking at THIS one.

Drivers are there and it's compatible with a lot of free controller software. All of which I'll have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, but it'll be fun finding out! :thinking:

sorry guys. things i life just got a bit tighter for me for a while. as much as I'd love a projector, I'll have to pass for now

Hmmm, I watched the videos of the LK-PD2, nice 3D effects! Now you've really got me thinking, Len! :yh: But there's so little information about these LK devices, I have a few questions that could help me decide:

1. Are the LK-PD2 patterns all selectable via the remote or Auto?

yes selectable by choosing a mode (there are many- then press enter- other wise it goes bt default back to the first 'auto' were it goes thru all the patterns taking around 7 minutes before it repeats.. very hard to tell-there is a second 'auto' mode to that switches faster- two Lumia modes and several diffraction grating modes- if you check the owners manual you can see the DMX choices- BUT when you plug in the ILDAS db25 cable that all shuts down automatically and AFAIK you MUST use DMX to combine what your soft ware in doing and scan thru the specisl efx wheels - so far thats the theory and i dont think any of us has done that
  2. Are the LK-PD2 patterns similar but more diverse than the LK-3D? I know it has the 3D effects; just wondering about the others.

I think all you see from the Lk 3d can be also seen with the LK PD2 but there is NO lumia in the Lk 3D- and NO way to do animations either as there is NO ILDA 'IN' on it. BUT theres a lot the RC can do its described in the thread-
  3. Are the advantages of the LK-PD2 over the LK-3D that it can additionally be controlled via ILDA, has 180mW more power and ~5k faster scan
    LK PD2 >500mW vs 320mW- no RC for the PD- no ilda /pc for the LK 3D-+
    for sure faster scanners the 3-D is cheaper and smaller by a lot. But I suggest you go for the Lk PD2 as the Lk 3D will be liked but will also make you want moar.
  4. With ILDA interface and show software, can you program anything you want in XYZ, going beyond the built-in LK-PD2 patterns?
    Yes -- I suggest you contact another owner of any soft ware you are looking at- my best man with I=Show is 'Ashe'- the LPF LSX expert is swamidog-LSX is both awesome and a bit harder to learn=its priced very close to QS FB3- DO NOT buy any soft or hardware until you are sure they work togther. James Lehman at the show forum IS Laserboy- a free soft ware- but you will need a DAC-

never used laserboy-

The 5paghetti dood is Gary- its a good basic start- I own two of those and will eventually use them with other laptops to run my sats-just beams-
    but IF Quick Show was a poor choice then there are 16,000 unhappy owners of it- its best to go to the PANGO SITE AND SPEND A FEW HOURS READING- CHECKING OUT Pango's forum and looking at the free demo of QS - while $595 looks very 'spendy' it used to cost much more and the best is Pangos Pro LD2000/Live Pro and QM DAC & THAT will cost you north of $5000
    I can get you a forum members discount on QS but it will still cost you $498 from aixiz THRU me. no other usa Pango dealer has a lower price

Depending on you're answers, I may send you additional money for the LK-PD2. I realize I'll eventually need software and interface, but I can get those later. Guess I may be opting for a less expensive computer if I upgrade to LK-PD2! :yh:

I think you would be wise to go for the lk pd2 -- for use with soft you need that one- plenty bright- solid build - no goopy white hot glue inside and a company rep that REALLY knows her PJs- she encourages us to open them up no crap about a voided warranty- Miss Linna knows how to help us work on our own PJs- its a great learning experience and she will express ship ANY parts we need asap=so in the unlikely event you do need an issue fixed you will NOT be paying for two expensive shippings and be w/o your kit for WEEKS
When PJs travel its not unusual to get a dichro or turning Mirror slightly out out of alignment- the mounts in LKs are easy to adjust- and we have ROG members that will help anyone learn how to make those green and red lines come together for a nice yellow- Im here- this GB is ending- by now most know the drill- I will be sending all the Money for both GBs or holding off on the LK RGB5 GB until we have the target number of buyers and we are VERY close- I prefer to send all at the same time- tic toc -- any how wait too long will not be permitted to send a personal check- my bank cant send money that my account does not have- so stragglers need to buy a USPS MO.

Last edited:

I think you would be wise to go for the lk pd2 -- for use with soft you need that one

I was about to commit to the LK-PD2, but now I realize being a Mac OS X owner is a big handicap. There's virtually no laser show software for Mac. I would have to buy Windows to run via Bootcamp on my Mac, and of course get DAC and laser show software. Not all Windows laser software runs on Mac via virtualization, but I've heard many have had success. Maybe these options are affordable in my future, just not right now.

So I guess I'll just stick with the LK-3D.

Last edited:

Len, if I send it out tomorrow would I be able to just send you a personal check for $1248 for the LKRGB5?